Notices

A great site with home remedies

Old 02-18-2012, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up A great site with home remedies

I just found this site. I really like it because I'm already doing some of these remedies and they have worked for me. The reason why I think it's so good is not just because it *lists* home remedies, it allows users to rate their experiences. So it's a great way to find out what really works!

EARTHCLINIC

Good health!

[EDIT]
Just to be clear, use your own judgement when checking out the remedies. Not all of them are sound in my opinion, and some are downright bizarre/unsafe. For example, somebody wonders about ingesting borax (the laundry detergent) for Lyme Disease (but doesn't actually go ahead and recommend it)

But as for using apple cider vinegar as a dandruff remedy and such, you'll find a lot of good advice. As adults I'm sure you can all make up your own minds as to what to try and not what not to even consider.

Last edited by VitoVino; 02-18-2012 at 09:03 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:34 AM
FitDay Member

I love home remedies!! I used to work in the medical field and after seeing what went on "behind the scenes" I began turning to herbal remedies over big pharma solutions.
The apple cider vinegar for lowering BP really does work. I suggested it to my MIL and she lowered hers by a few points(although she wasn't taking it regularly).

I make a cough/sinus congestion tonic with AVC, horseradish root, onion, garlic, ginger and cayenne. It works amazingly well and I can give it to my kids without worrying that they'll either be bouncing off the walls or pass out due like they would with OTC cold meds.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent! Yeah, I've been doing home remedies for years. Colloidal silver and oil of oregano for colds/sinus infection. I JUST learned about apple cider vinegar (ACV) on that website.

I have a basic mistrust of the medical community as well. I've seen so many cases where doctor's don't have a clue. I had one recommend to me "vein stripping" for a few varicose veins in my one leg. I cured the problem myself with herbs. The doctor had never even heard of collinsonia for veins and he was strictly a vein doctor.

I've also had friends suffer from Lyme Disease. The doctor's just put a bandaid over the problem, they suffered while taking expensive drugs. So my friends ditched the "professionals" and did alternative therapy and are now on the verge of healing.