Community
Notices

Pet Peeves

Old 03-24-2011, 05:25 AM
Super Moderator

Terri, apparently you give whole new meaning to "you have to suffer to write."
The funniest part is that it never would have occurred to me to buy the test if I hadn't fallen asleep on the couch and woken up to some stupid talk show where a man was demonstrating the pretend-pregnancy "sympathy belly" that men can strap on to simulate what their wives were going through. Looking back, the whole thing was kind of surreal!

All in good time. You worked hard to get where you are and it will pay off with a lot of stability for you and your family. Enjoy each day before AND after the kids come .
Old 03-27-2011, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

I could write a list a mile long of the things that bother me, here are a few(and yes most relate directly to the members of my household).

Children who have to go to the bathroom as soon as they are asked to do the dishes.

Hubands who have to go to the bathroom as soon as everyone else in the house is ready to leave, have their coats on and are heading for the car.

Young people using the word like inserted between ever third word. "Like mom, you know like what I mean right? Like really mean?

Single people in cars driving in the HOV lanes, and even better they are driving slower than the speed limit.

People who are always late, if I say we are to be there by 7 pm that doesn't mean that is when we leave the house.

People who squeeze the toothpaste from the middle of the tube and then leave the cap off.

Family members who don't even know where the extra toilet paper is kept after living in the house for a number of years.

People who tell jokes badly and insist on telling the same one over and over again in your presence.

Children who don't understand the difference between humour, sarcasm and just being rude.

People using email slang when they are having a conversation with you or writing a letter. I am blaming Websters for this, why would they consider adding LOL, OMG and a number of other acronyms to the dictionary?

As I said I could go on and on, but another pet peeve is people who don't know when enough is enough :-)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:37 AM
FitDay Member

Cool My main peeve

My main peeve involves people that end sentences with prepositions. (Example: Where are you at?) Secondarily are the explanations that begin with "what it is is" and people who constantly say do you know what I mean.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:49 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by stang06sally
people who constantly say do you know what I mean.
lol.

Oh my gosh! Also people who constantly say "Right?" or "Ya know!" at the end of each sentence, which is basically the same.

ergh!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

My main peeve involves people that end sentences with prepositions. (Example: Where are you at?) Secondarily are the explanations that begin with "what it is is" and people who constantly say do you know what I mean.
Jennifer Hudson's new song "Where You At" has me nearly insane. If I have to listen to it one more time, my head will explode.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:09 AM
FitDay Member

A woman I know says "You know what I mean?", every other sentence. The sad part is that she doesn't speak in a cohesive manner, and jumps from topic to topic with wild abandon. So in truth I never know what she means. Come to find out, her father is the exact SAME way .
Old 05-04-2011, 05:25 AM
FitDay Member

My most annoying pet peeve is retail checkers. You wait in line and watch the very slow checker talk to other workers or the customer while laughing it up all the while checking slower. Then you have the customer that has to wait until every last thing is rung up to get out there checkbook or fiddle for their debit card. Half of the people here obviously don't know how to use a debit card for some reason. This is always the case when I am in a hurry. I just want to scream but try to be nice because my pastor preaches a lot on being nice. Grrrrrrr, I am working on it!
Old 05-04-2011, 05:55 AM
FitDay Member

Ah Rosehebrew, be glad you don't get in line behind me. I use coupons, and make the checker check this and that along the way. My mom says I should wear a shirt in hot pink that says "WARNING this woman has coupons, will abuse them to the point of madness", or some such.
Old 05-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Super Moderator

This isn't directed to anyone personally here; a lot of people do it.

It drives me crazy when people write, "I want to loose 60 pounds."

"Loose" is an adjective that describes what your pants will be after you lose weight.

"Lose" is the verb that describes what you are doing.
Old 05-10-2011, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

People who write 'loose' instead of 'lose.' There's a whole generation growing up thinking that one word means the other - because spellcheck doesn't catch the error and it has gotten picked up and is used again and again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.