Flash drive problems >

Flash drive problems

Community
Notices

Flash drive problems

Old 01-14-2024, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

Default Flash drive problems

I've been unable to open my flash drive on my Mac for some time now, and it contains numerous important pictures and videos. Is there anything I can do to resolve this issue and access my valuable data?
Old 01-14-2024, 10:34 PM
FitDay Member

Try using Disk Utility on your Mac to check and repair the flash drive. If that doesn't work, consider a data recovery tool like Disk Drill. It helped me retrieve files from a similar situation.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:58 PM
FitDay Member

First and foremost, ensure that the flash drive is securely plugged into the USB port. Attempting a different USB port can help rule out potential issues with the port itself, but it's just one step in the troubleshooting process. If you're still encountering difficulties accessing your flash drive on your Mac, there are additional steps you can take to address the issue. This comprehensive article at https://www.macgasm.net/data-recover...-recovery-mac/ provides a variety of methods to tackle flash drive issues on a Mac. From exploring disk utility options to employing specialized commands in the Terminal, the article offers a detailed guide on how to troubleshoot and potentially recover data from malfunctioning flash drives. Following the outlined steps carefully can increase the chances of resolving the problem and accessing the valuable pictures and videos stored on your flash drive.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

Do u know any other solutions like wireless USB to solve this issue? Additionally, for optimal performance, what are some recommended steps to ensure a stable and well-configured network? I'm particularly interested in insights for larger environments where multiple users might be accessing USB devices simultaneously.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:32 AM
FitDay Member

Before diving into device sharing, ensure that your USB devices are compatible with https://www.usbonet.com/ The website or user manual can provide a comprehensive list of supported devices. To optimize performance, ensure a stable and well-configured network. This is crucial, especially in larger environments where multiple users may be accessing USB devices simultaneously. Familiarize yourself with the features of USBoNET. Understanding its capabilities can help you make the most out of this versatile USB over Ethernet solution.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

I totally understand, because in most cases when you connect an external hard disk you most likely want to transfer or retrieve some information right away, but due to technical issues it is not possible to do so. I too have been looking for reasons for these problems for a long time. In the blog https://setapp.com/how-to/how-to-acc...ognized-on-mac, I learned that there can be several reasons why an SSD does not display. I have eliminated all possible causes except one, which is NVRAM. On Apple Silicon computers, NVRAM works differently and does not require a manual reset. But since I have a fairly ancient computer, I had to sweat a bit.

Last edited by steveaonson; 02-07-2024 at 08:41 PM.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:03 AM
FitDay Member

Very interested info