FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   Saturday Morning Thoughts (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/25961-saturday-morning-thoughts.html)

hushpuppy 12-15-2017 11:54 PM

Saturday Morning Thoughts

Good morning all. I asked my husband if he'd like me to bake some Christmas cookies. He asked for thumbprints and snowballs. My husband is quite fit and doesn't have this "thing" about food like I do, so cookies for him are no big deal.

I'll bake the snowballs today and see how many I find myself eating. I'll log every cookie that passes my lips!

I walked two miles yesterday and cleaned the upstairs. One thing I love about Fitday is the ability to log housework as an activity. Other sites don't have that option.

mnge 01-06-2018 05:14 AM

Good day, my Saturday morning thought is that snow is beautiful on trees.

Also that its been quite a long time since using Fitday to check in; with predictable consequences. Need to lose 65 lbs to feel better, and have found that checking in once a week or so does help if done consistently.

mnge 01-13-2018 08:52 AM

Hello, the Saturday thought I've been remembering, is that success is not final; failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts. That was a war winners thought, just fighting a bit of a different war here :-)

At various times this week I've had 66 lbs, 63 lbs and 62 lbs left to lose. Finding that eggs in whole week wraps are filling and good.

This week I'm going to keep going with my mile a day goal, and add at least a litre of water a day.

mnge 01-20-2018 08:54 AM

down 1 to 61 left

mnge 01-27-2018 06:57 AM

still at 61. Have gone 12 miles and have 352 miles left.

ran out of minutes last week - my thought was giving up because you have a setback is like slashing all your tyres because you have a flat - this was from a friends feed.

this week have been thinking of presidents and first ladies, and came across this
It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan - Eleanor Roosevelt.

So plan for this week: 8 fruits or veggies a day. Also found that one liter of water was not enough, but haven't been drinking two yet, so will try that too.

Kathy13118 01-27-2018 03:55 PM

'It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan'

What a great quote...

mnge 02-03-2018 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kathy13118 (Post 137233)
'It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan'

What a great quote...

Yes, she was a good planner. This week have been thinking about love; it endures all things (even two weeks straight without any weight loss) Feeling better though and its so worth it to keep going.

(Still at 61 lbs left).

mnge 02-03-2018 01:37 AM

Oh and have also gone 18 miles, have 346 left to go. Mornings seem to work best for me to do my mile; then sometimes can get one in at night as well and the feeling afterwards gives the whole day a boost.

So some goals for this week: More than a mile a day. At least five veg or fruit a day (8 was too much on the two days i did it) And at least 2 L of water.

mnge 02-10-2018 04:06 AM

up to 62 left to lose . . . have gone 26 miles; 338 left to go.

My great concern is not whether you have failed, but whether you are content with your failure - Abraham Lincoln.

Was able to get five fruits or veg's in every day. will keep going with at least that and cut down on carbs (had two really high carb/fat days this week so obviously that doesnt work very well

Kathy13118 02-10-2018 06:18 PM

That's real progress, mnge!

mnge 02-17-2018 08:54 AM

Thanks Kathy yes appreciate Fitday's help to get there :-)

This week am down two to 61 left, and have gone another 8 miles for a total of 34 miles, so 330 left to go.

More than a mile a day seems to be working, and didnt get to 5 fruits or veg a day & 2L of water; feel better when I do, so will continue with those.

Have been thinking that exercise is a vitamin. . . . the one day I didn't get my mile in the morning I felt way more tired all day.

mnge 02-24-2018 05:06 AM

back down to 61 left again, 40 miles, 324 left to go.

Really need to stick with the mile in the morning thing - missed 2 x this week and o boy can you tell

Have been thinking about people this week - whatever your business there is a person behind the interaction/transaction; "Never forget that it is not a pneumonia, but a pneumonic man who is your patient. Not a typhoid fever, but a typhoid man" - William Gull

mnge 03-10-2018 03:29 AM

Up one to 59 left to lose this week - and have gone 58 miles with 306 left to go.

for this week will try 1.5 miles per day. and go with more than 5 veggies / fruits a day.

Have been thinking about perseverance this week. . . .

mickeyarther 03-10-2018 09:45 PM

Right! I am also thinking about this.

mnge 03-17-2018 05:56 AM

and back down to 58 left. have only gone two miles this week for a total of 60 with 304 left to go.

Morning walks werent long enough this week. did do the veggies / fruits tho. Going back to a mile in the morning. Also learned that youre supposed to have at least EIGHT veggies a day! tried that and it seemed like too much - will have to try again.

Have been thinking about this this week: A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new - Albert Einstein

mnge 03-24-2018 03:49 AM

still 58 left.

this has been a very challenging week. was able to get the veggies a majority of the days - only went 4 miles though with 300 left to go. Sticking with at least 1 mile & 8 veg or fruit for a goal this week. Will need real food and that mile in the morning to succeed this week.

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at" _ Stephen Hawking. This reminded me of a very inspiring statement by Jessica Cox when she was asked about the term disabled: "I prefer the term differently abled." Seriously if you ever think you are stuck on something, google her.

mnge 03-31-2018 01:37 AM

still 58 left.

another 5 miles with 295 left to go. got the veggies 3 x and the mile in the morning once. . . . will keep going

"Never, never, never give up" - WSC

mnge 04-07-2018 01:15 AM

havent weighed since last week. 1 mile this week so 294 left to go.

"if you're going through hell, keep going" - WSC

belperto 04-08-2018 03:29 PM

I don't have any special plan on Sunday. Because I need to join my office. I enjoy with Friday.

diana_wills 04-23-2018 07:43 PM

That's the only thing you can do. Boredom makes you eat! :)

mnge 04-28-2018 04:53 AM

about 62 left to lose now, and 285 miles left. My goal this week is to get back to the mile in the morning and fitdaying . . . .have let my health suffer due to other pressures recently.

Time is the coin of your life. . . . only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. - Carl Sandburg

mnge 05-05-2018 06:16 AM

about the same, havent weighed in recently. will keep trying to get back to mile a day.

You learn more more losing than from winning. You learn how to keep going - Morgan Wootten

mnge 05-12-2018 03:48 AM

Successful mothers are not those who have never struggled. They are those who never give up - Sharron Jaynes
Thank you very much to all the Fitdayer moms!

mnge 05-12-2018 03:52 AM

the batteries on my scale are broken - think i have around 65 left to lose. :-S

mnge 05-19-2018 06:57 AM

my goal this week is to have seven fruits or vegetables a day, get my mile in every day and get new batteries for my scale.

have been thinking about love this week - Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails.

mnge 06-02-2018 02:27 AM

it looks like batteries are not the fix for my scale - so will be weighing in less frequently.

This made me smile: Why is 6 scared of 7? Because 7 ate 9

Kathy13118 06-03-2018 02:31 AM

Funny mnge! Made me smile...

mnge 06-09-2018 05:18 AM

:-) thanks Kathy. A good friend told me this, this week: While there may be a lot I want to say, there is a lot to listen to as well.

mnge 06-16-2018 01:55 AM

have been feeling better this week, was able to get more veg and fruits in.

have been thinking about quality this week and came across this.
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives. Quality means doing it right when no one is looking. - William A. Foster

mnge 06-23-2018 03:48 AM

down to 58 left to lose this week.

Failure is success in progress - Albert Einstein

mnge 06-30-2018 05:00 AM

Still at 58. have gone 82 miles so have 283 left to go.
Was reminded of this this week:As citizens of this great nation, it is kindness, love, and compassion for each other that will bring us together - and keep us together. - Melania Trump

mnge 07-14-2018 05:05 AM

up to 61 left to lose. have gone 91 miles with 274 left to go.
things to do for my health this week: make and eat whole wheat bread, get 3 peppers and some cocktail tomatoes at the market. More than a mile a day. . . . do SOME exercise EVERY morning.

Peace is not the absence of conflict. It the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means - Ronald Reagan

mnge 07-28-2018 04:22 AM

59 left to lose.

That’s what this world is about; to meet a neighbor, help him out. To trust a friend when you’re in doubt. - Soup from a Stone

mnge 08-04-2018 04:17 AM

62 left to lose.
Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it. - Helen Keller

mnge 08-11-2018 04:19 AM

62 left to lose.
102 miles so far so 264 left.
"I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples." -Mother Teresa
Would like to thank Fitdayers for creating some of those ripples. . . . thanks to all of you, think you've given me a life changing idea this week *excited face*. as with any weight loss program though, time will tell.

mnge 08-18-2018 03:56 AM

57 left to lose.

Went 108 miles so far so 258 left.

Some of the same goals work really well when achieved, so will use them again this week: At least a mile in the morning. 14 cups water / day. At least 8 veggies a day. At least one green space workout this week.

One ship drives east and other drives west by the same winds that blow. It's the set of the sails and not the gales that determines the way they go. - Ella Wheeler Wilcox

And thanks again to everyone that shares their tips n tricks - so appreciated!

mnge 08-25-2018 08:53 AM

56 left to lose.

115 miles so far so 251 left

14 cups a day - did this 2 days i think, veggies/fruits, 5 out of 7 days. got 2 greenspace workouts.

"there is a big difference between "can't" and "it just isnt a high priority" - some smart person

mnge 09-01-2018 01:23 AM

52 left to lose.
122 miles so far so 244 left
14 cups / day of water: 2/7, 8 veggies / fruits a day: 6/7, Mile in the morning 3/7, greenspace workout 1.
It is better to try and fail than to do nothing - John McCain

mnge 09-15-2018 08:34 AM

up to 54 left - have gotten sloppy about water and veggies
129 miles so 236 left

Don't quit when the tide is the lowest, for it's just about to turn,
Don't quit over doubts and questions, for there's something you may learn.
Don't quit when the night is darkest, for it's just a while till dawn;
Don't quit when you've run the farthest, for the race is almost won.
Don't quit when the hill is steepest; for your goal is almost nigh;
Don't quit, for you're not a failure until you fail to try - Jill Wolf

alexrin 10-04-2018 07:41 AM

25 lest to lose...Hope I'll do it!