FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Off-Topic (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/)
-   -   what's with your username? (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/off-topic/2371-whats-your-username.html)

01gt4.6 11-13-2010 04:01 AM

what's with your username?

I first became an active forum member after buying my 2001 Mustang GT (with a 4.6 liter). I joined a couple Mustang forums, and 01GT4.6 was my username. Then I started a YouTube account as 01gt46 (b/c I couldn't use the decimal) so I've bascially been known as that since late 2000, early 2001.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...100_0607-1.jpg

What about everyone else?

nottango 11-13-2010 04:22 AM

Mike, I have been thinking of starting a similar thread. I was trying to think of a good name, and had recently heard "never use your dog's name..." so I said "not Tango" (my dog's name)...) to myself, then thought - why not?

Ann;)

01gt4.6 11-13-2010 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by nottango (Post 25354)
Mike, I have been thinking of starting a similar thread. I was trying to think of a good name, and had recently heard "never use your dog's name..." so I said "not Tango" (my dog's name)...) to myself, then thought - why not?

Ann;)

that's funny.:D

xarinn 11-13-2010 05:11 AM

This is a cool thread

I play World of Warcraft online and used their random name generator to come up with my toons name, it gave me Xarinn. I have been using that for all online forums etc ever since. I did have one girl on another forum recogonize from the game once and ask if I was the same person!! That was wierd!

heritagehunter 11-13-2010 05:25 AM

One of my many hobbies is genealogy. I, too, use it in other forums;as well as part of my email.

vabeachgirlNYC 11-13-2010 05:40 AM

Mines confusing as hell isn't it?!:p

Luckygir15 11-13-2010 06:29 AM

Remember when AOL came out?? I was 13 or 14 at the time and had to come up with a user name so I could have this new thing called email.... lol :)

Anyways, my birthday is the 15th, this Monday actually. (I'm turning 27) So I knew I wanted to put 15 in it somehow.

I wanted it to be Luckygirl, not sure how I came up with that, other than I'm a girl, and occasionally I will have a good streak of luck. But AOL had a maximum of 10 character limit when it first began, so I had to cut the l of girl off and just used Luckygir15.

Lizzycritter 11-13-2010 08:01 AM

The email acct I use for forums and such is [email protected] because I'm a licensed veterinary technician. Realizing I'd have to type this in every time I log on, I shortened it to Lizzycritter. I often go by just Lizzy but that was taken.

Lovedogs4ever 11-21-2010 01:31 PM

I chose my name becuase I have two awesome dogs that love me and I have promised that I will love them eternally. They see me at my good and bad moments and love me just the way I am! I clicker train them and that is like my favorite thing to do, just sit down, take a deep breath, get those dog treats out and my clicker and just have fun learning something together. :D

heritagehunter 11-21-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Lovedogs4ever (Post 26264)
I chose my name becuase I have two awesome dogs that love me and I have promised that I will love them eternally. They see me at my good and bad moments and love me just the way I am! I clicker train them and that is like my favorite thing to do, just sit down, take a deep breath, get those dog treats out and my clicker and just have fun learning something together. :D

What breed is your dogs? What are their names and how old? I have 2 dogs, too.

Lovedogs4ever 11-21-2010 02:49 PM

Shih Tzu mixes, their names are Shammah (2) and Kesia (5). :D

tandoorichicken 11-21-2010 03:08 PM

In high school I decided that I'd name my new email address after my favorite food at the time. Little did I know that in high school your favorite food changes 839935982 times. :confused:

Well, it stuck, so here I am.

jml2010 11-21-2010 04:45 PM

Mine's not to imaginative - jml are my initials, 2010 was the year I joined here. :)

Albie@round 11-27-2010 06:40 AM

what's with your username?

Hello everyone. My handle, Albie@round, signifies my commitment to myself and to my family and friends, to undertake and maintain a sustainable healthy lifestyle. Noteworthy item: In 2002 I was diagnosed with colon cancer, had successful surgery for a colon resection and like a Timex, I am still ticking. ;)

I am around and am available if anyone needs a friend for conversation and support. Kudos to everyone on this board for trying to lead a better life!
Keep on keepin' on! :)

WeightlossBoo 11-28-2010 09:26 AM

Well, I had planned to have a lot of weight loss. And my Mum calls me Boo, and as I wanted to remain anonymous it kinda fitted. :)

canary52 12-03-2010 03:00 AM

With my brilliant computer skills, I could not manage to register myself properly on Fitday the first time so I just wrote the first word that came to mind (don't ask me why it was canary; it's a nice bright yellow, cute bird, cheerful, I don't know.) Then I punched in two random numbers and it stuck. Thus Canary52.

canary52 12-03-2010 03:04 AM

BTW Weightlossboo, I call my DD boo also, sometimes I expand on it like Booboorincess or booboolio. As a teenager, she just loves it, yeah, uh huh.

Albie@round, great name, great story, very inspirational. Glad you're here!

farahb7 12-04-2010 06:44 AM

mine did not need so much of an imagination. Farah is my name, last name starts with B and i am child number 7 in my family *big family, love it, wish i wasn't so far away from them*
that's how farahb7 came along. :D

wowgirl88 06-20-2011 02:55 PM

Reading through the old posts, thought I'd try to get this one going again.
WoW is for World Of Warcraft (oline game I play too much), girl, cause I am one, and 88 being the year I was born.
Cheers.

01gt4.6 06-20-2011 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by wowgirl88 (Post 49038)
Reading through the old posts, thought I'd try to get this one going again.
WoW is for World Of Warcraft (oline game I play too much), girl, cause I am one, and 88 being the year I was born.
Cheers.

gamer?

wowgirl88 06-20-2011 04:05 PM

I've played for a while, you play? I'm on Nagrand if you do. :)

wildbeanerz 06-21-2011 04:13 AM

Mine is from my two dogs. They are wild & crazy. Hence the "wild". Then they are boxers and if you have ever seen an excited boxer you know that they bend in the middle like a kidney bean = "beanerz".

ZoeDuc 06-21-2011 12:53 PM

Zoe for my car~Z06
Duc for my bike ~ Ducati

sorry, they're my babies. :o

01gt4.6 06-21-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by wowgirl88 (Post 49044)
I've played for a while, you play? I'm on Nagrand if you do. :)

no PC gaming here. I play the PS3 some. Mainly just GT5 and been doing less racing and more picture taking. Here's my latest pic, ZoeDuc can appreciate this one. :D
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...delCampo_5.jpg

01gt4.6 06-21-2011 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by ZoeDuc (Post 49100)
Zoe for my car~Z06
Duc for my bike ~ Ducati

sorry, they're my babies. :o

Nice, 2 very nice machine? Is the ZO6 an LS7? My closest race on the street was one of those. What kind of Ducati?

ZoeDuc 06-21-2011 05:23 PM

Thanks Mike :)

Yes, the Z06 has an LS7
Ducati is a 1198S Corse

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...C_0041-1-1.jpg

~~kim

01gt4.6 06-22-2011 06:02 AM

Kim,

Very nice. I like them both. Eventually I'd like to get another bike or fast car. I'd love to drop an LS7 is a Foxbody Mustang. Put a built automatic in it and with minimal mods to the motor you'd have a 9 second car that would probably get 25mpg. :) The guy that built the motor for my 01 Mustang (Tim Lynch, from Proline Race Engines) now races a Vette in 10.5" Outlaw. I think it's "supposed" to be a ZR1 but you know there's nothing ZR1 on the car. YouTube - ‪prolineraceengines's Channel‬‏

carlyonawire 07-13-2011 06:56 AM

I am Carly and onawire is all about the phone. I do A LOT of phone talking for work- all hours of the day and night.

Long ago with the birth of the cordless then cell phone, my name became extinct. I still think Carly On A Wire is a cool name for a band. :p

wolfbane20 07-17-2011 08:02 AM

I am into horror and creepy stuff. I was thinking of a line for "The Wolfman" (1941).

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

RunbikeSki 07-17-2011 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by wolfbane20 (Post 51133)
I am into horror and creepy stuff. I was thinking of a line for "The Wolfman" (1941).

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."

hmmm.... just as I suspected :p

jackdup 08-11-2011 03:40 AM

no mystery

Mine is self explanatory........

I'm Jacked up, and I aint goin'back! ;)

jma75 08-14-2011 01:34 PM

My initials & birth year.

VitoVino 09-08-2011 12:59 AM

My nic is Vito (acquired from my uncle) and I enjoy wine (and beer, and the occasional G &T, and... :D). :)

mommiepretty 09-09-2011 08:46 AM

What a fun thread! It's neat to see where people get their nics from. The origin of my username is kinda sappy, but here goes. One Sunday I was at church when I was still pregnant with my daughter, and an adorable little girl (maybe 3-4yo) came up to me in the hall:

LG: You have a big tummy like my mommy. She's gonna have a baby. Are you gonna have a baby, too?
me: Yes, I am.
LG: [pausing, tilting her head and kind of looking at me like she's appraising my appearance] You're very pretty.
me: awww, tha...
LG: [cutting in]...but now you'll be mommy pretty.

My heart just about melted. "Mommy pretty"—I loved it! A few days later I was setting up a new IM account, and I thought I'd try "mommypretty" as my username; that was taken (go figure!) so I tried "mommiepretty" instead—it worked, and I've been mommiepretty ever since (8+ years now) ;)

Meggietye 09-29-2011 03:33 AM

Mine is simple as well..Meggie and Tye were our twin, red, cocker spaniels. We had not had litter mates before and their behavior, especially for the first 5 years, was facinating to us! I used to run the track before work, so I took them with me to get them tired out. I put them in the centre of the oval and they spent 40 min trying to get to me..never leaving the grass! Meg was the alpha. She tended to Tye, short for Tyewanhale a pub in Perrenporth, Cornwall in England, she took are of him for 10 years until he developed diabetes, cancer and bad arthritis, and died suddenly. Meg lived for 5 more years..still looking around the house for him...she would never sleep in their bed again from the day he passed. They were a grand couple!

Kohsamui 09-29-2011 03:39 AM

40+ years ago, showed up at this place for a 4-year stay as a Peace Corps volunteer.

freddieshoney 10-07-2011 07:00 AM

My name came about because the love of my life is Fred and my daughter his stepdaughter sense she was 3 has called him "my Freddie", and on the same child's first day of preschool a young boy in my daughter's class walked up to Fred who at the time was 27 and I was 21 and asked him if I was his daughter too, LOL. It was hilarious and when I said no I am his girlfriend he looked at fred with this big smile and said so she's your honey... It was adorable so now I mostly go by freddieshoney anywhere I have to have a scream name...

SwampCatNana 10-16-2011 12:20 PM

I honestly don't remember. I think it was b/c I wanted to include my love of cats and the idea I am a Nana. Where the Swamp came from? It just popped out somehow.
Actually, I am a great-Nana!

Ritsuko 10-28-2011 07:43 PM

For me....It's because I am obsessed with Japanese culture & fashion & anime and what not? So, the first Japanese name that struck my mind as I sat registering myself on this site was Ritsuko. ;)

barlana 10-30-2011 04:56 AM

re

tough to find a nickname that wasnt used so i used the name of an avatar in world of warcraft- a pc game I play