Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FOOD > Nutrition & labeling
How do you look up fast food on here? >

How do you look up fast food on here?

Community
Notices

How do you look up fast food on here?

Old 02-23-2012, 10:31 AM
FitDay Member

Default How do you look up fast food on here?

How do you look up fast food on here? I have been working trying to put my journal together for an hour and cant figure it out...So far this sucks...
Old 02-23-2012, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Example: A hamburger is in the browse menu under Meats>Meat Sandwiches.

It may not be exact but it should be close enough.

Stop eating fast foods and it won't be a problem.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:11 AM
FitDay Member

Fast food? Seriously? LOL
Old 02-23-2012, 01:32 PM
FitDay Member

You can always look up specific nutrition facts on the fast food restaurant's website. For example, I ate a small chili at Wendy's the other day, which is 210 calories. You can then enter this as a custom food. It takes more time, but it's also more accurate than looking up "hamburger."
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jcal87
You can always look up specific nutrition facts on the fast food restaurant's website. For example, I ate a small chili at Wendy's the other day, which is 210 calories. You can then enter this as a custom food. It takes more time, but it's also more accurate than looking up "hamburger."
The nice thing is once you do have it entered as a custom food, it is right there for you next time. I pretty much eliminated fast foods with the exception of an occasional subway sandwich...which I have under custom foods when I do indulge.

If you are just getting started, I know some of the other logging sites have more canned fast foods....check on Caloriecount and myfitnesspal.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Smile

When you buy a hamburger or other sandwich from McD's, the basic nutrition information is right on the box. You'll have to look up the complete nutrition from the McDonald's site (google 'McDonald's Nutrition') but most people tend to order a few items that they stick to as choices.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:28 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by clarkslp
If you are just getting started, I know some of the other logging sites have more canned fast foods....check on Caloriecount and myfitnesspal.
You shouldn't be soliciting members to join other sites. It's against forum rules.
Old 02-24-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

When I traveled for my job I was constantly eating McD's at the airport and Wendy's for lunch. (When you live out of a suitcase sometimes your choices are limited.) But you can make the best choices. As someone else suggested the larger chains have nutrition information on their websites. I was able to eat at fast food resteraunts and still lose weight by educating myself to which choices were better. I would eat Salads from McDonalds and salads and chili from Wendy's. (Chili is a great fast food option.)

Even if you do visit the fast food establishments you can make good choices. Staying away from the 800 calorie French fries is a good start, lol.
Old 02-24-2012, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

Default And I'll ADD THIS

If anyone actually bothered to search for "McDonald's" they'd find this:

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodSe...heck=725017182

FitDay has recently been updating the food database to include fast food.

How about Wendy's?

http://www.fitday.com/fitness/FoodSe...heck=725017182

Do I need to go on? How come the original poster couldn't find fast foods???

"So far this sucks..." Only your searching ability!