Adding Food to Daily Log - HELP >

Adding Food to Daily Log - HELP

Community
Notices

Adding Food to Daily Log - HELP

Old 10-04-2010, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

Question Adding Food to Daily Log - HELP

This is my first time using this site. When I was logging in my daily food, for instance:

1. Red Grapefruit - Del Monte

OR

2. Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt

The database didn't recognize these items and I had to input everything manually. I couldn't even find pepper jack cheese.

I've been on others that will pull the item right up.

Is it user error??

Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

The search engine here is not the best. I have found that sometimes fewer words work better.

I searched for 'grapefuit' and found both white and pink/red raw and as juice. You probably won't find brand names on produce items.

The closest I could come for Pepper Jack cheese was searching for 'jack'. This gave me Cheese, Colby Jack. When I browsed for Cheese (under Dairy) I also only found Colby Jack.

I almost always browse for meat items instead of searching. I find it quicker.
Old 12-13-2010, 06:03 PM
FitDay Member

I find custom entering items useful as I really think about how much Salt, etc. these products have in them, and how to rationally cut back some (amazing, some of it).

For food nutrition facts I browse by item + nutrition facts, then print out the details and enter into Fitday (Way too much time on my hands LOL).
Old 12-29-2010, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

I've also found that their food database is not as complete as other sites. I was wondering if anyone knew how often - if ever - their food database gets udpated with new items?