Community
Notices

Diet Planning

Old 03-11-2013, 05:10 AM
FitDay Member

Default Diet Planning

Hello.

I have been on a hunt and I hope fitday can help.

I have tried numerous online services that track your food.

The issue I have is that they track your food after you've eaten it so when you come to log it it like, oops didn't realise that had xyz worth of calories in it.

Most websites have some form of Diet planner, but I gotta admit trawling through all the recipies to find something that fits my goal is long and tedious.

Does Fitday or any other service offer a easy diet planning method, something like the following?
  1. You input what your calorie intake will be
  2. You adjust the macro nutrient breakdown
  3. Select the ingredients you like to eat

Press submit and it simply tells you how much in grams/ml/cups...whatever of each ingredient you have to consume to hit your macronutrient targets?
Old 03-11-2013, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry, we don't have this function here.

I hope you're able to find it somewhere; sounds useful. I suspect it's hard to find because it's one of those things that is much easier to develop in theory than in practice.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

I think what you're describing is impossible. You talk about 'ingredients you like' and yet, ingredients are not recipes. And recipes point to what you actually eat.

One thing you can do is utilize the journal to take notes about what kind of day produced a successful macronutrient profile. Then you can go to the calendar and click on that day and see what you ate that day. If you want to skip the guesswork, go with what succeeded in the past.

One of the best things on fitday is the 'recent' foods log because you can pull foods from that. You know you liked them. You ate them! You prepared them! If they worked at the end of the day, then you can use them again and again.

Weight Watchers online has a feature that's kind of unique but only really works with their points plus system. If you need to add in some points, you can start a search and it will 'suggest' some things that fit in a point range (no macronutrients involved, it's about calories). But my experience is that my refrigerator's contents is my stuff, and my husband's and that's the mishmash I have to work with, not 3 cups of blueberries and a half a bagel.
Ya can't have everything!