Notices

Newbie With Issues

Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbie With Issues

Hi: I'm 48 and had a "mini-stroke" a month ago. This was the wake up call of all wake up calls. 3-1/2 pack a day smoker, loved drinking my red wine, eating high sodium foods, very, very sedentary (12 hour a day job sitting at a computer). Apparently, my blood pressure was out the roof. My liver enzymes are in bad shape.

For one month now, I have not smoked, not drank, and doing a heart/stroke diet plan with very little sodium, etc. I'm down about 8 pounds.

I joined this site to hopefully get some recipes, share some stories, get some support, and lose about 70 pounds. I'm a great listener and would love a buddy or buddies to share the ride.

So glad I found this site.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like you are doing the right things! What you can find here, with the food log, is a way to see how you are feeding your body and that can help you with your goals. I wish you all the best - strokes are scary!
Old 11-01-2012, 03:52 AM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard. Seeing your username, I have to ask... are you from NOLA?
Old 11-02-2012, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default Nope

Not from NOLA, from Florida, nothing spooky about me, other than the fact that I am 48 and had a stroke, lolol.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and good luck! Congrats on the smoking! I have been struggling with this, quit for almost a month, then had a relapse this weekend. This site has been awesome for helping me get focused on my nutritional goals
Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Congratulations on finding fitday and getting on the right track.