Notices

First day on Fit day

Old 05-14-2012, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default First day on Fit day

Hey everyone. I found this site and so far love it. I have been looking for something like this where I can records all of my info for the day and not have to write it all down and it tracks it for me. My hubby is also going to start on here. We are new to it all, we are both over weight and out of shape. We have been working on getting it together the last 2 weeks and so far so good. I have quit MT. Dew all together and only have a cup of tea or 2 a day. I am working on about a 1400 - 1500 calorie a day meal plan. But I need some ideas, since I am not sure how to figure how to put meals together and make the calories count properly.
I have been reading a lot of posts and am glad to see that this is working for so many people along with the support you get.
So I hope to learn a lot from every one here.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:33 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay! Putting together meals will get easier with practice. Basically, go for "good" foods and adjust your portions to keep within the calorie guidelines you've chosen. High protein foods are good, try to get fruits and veggies, make most of your carbs "complex" (eliminate simple carbs like sugar, white bread and the like). Please to read some of the sub-forums, there is a ton of great info here.

Regards,
Michael