Hi All, From New Member

Community
Notices

Hi All, From New Member

Old 01-25-2012, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hi All, From New Member

Hi Everyone,

I just started a fitness challenge through my work & some of the folks whom are signed up recommended this site to all the folks in our challenge.

I am so happy to be here & looking forward to gaining more knowledge and to assist other's with support & motivation, etc
Old 01-25-2012, 10:16 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome Hiker,
Glad you found us. Tell a little more about you and don't be a stranger to the forums.
Old 01-25-2012, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

TY Run....

As you requested a little bit more about myself:

I am training myself to eat.... I know that sounds funny but I lead a chaotic busy work & home life & in the past I was a major meal skipper. When I would get home from work I would be half starved to death. So when I would finally sit down & eat dinner... my body tried to "save me" since it thought I was really starving to death & it stored everything I did manage to eat as fat.

I am now eating a good healthy breakfast... no matter what!
I graze on healthy food during the day and have a good healthy lunch & a very light dinner, sometimes just a Kefir smoothie or 6 oz. of yogurt. I have also become a fanatic about reading labels. It is funny for example you can read a label on salad dressing say 1 is low fat & the other is not. I cannot tell you how many times I have found the low fat versions more fattening than the regular kind. I also am not a "brand specific" type shopper so that helps to get the item that is best for me by reading all brands labels and comparing them. In time I know it will certainly pay off

I go to the gym everyday and often times 2x's a day. I also walk at work with my coworkers 2 - 6 miles daily depending on my workload. We even walk in snow, blizzards, rain we don't let that stop us.
Old 01-26-2012, 03:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome TakeaHike! You gotta a lot of gusto happening!
It is amazing what is truly behind all those food labels. It can almost be scary sometimes !

You ought to feel proud of all the great changes that you're making in your life. I hope you keep sticking around these forums.

Hope you reach your goals soon ~
Old 01-26-2012, 09:12 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Fit thanks so much for the welcome to this great forum
Old 01-26-2012, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member