Community
Notices

Hi everyone

Old 01-20-2012, 11:37 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi everyone

Hi everyone. I have just joined this list. Not yet had the strength to put the statistics in. I see from the chat that you are doing amazingly well. Can't believe what you have all achieved. I can also see that for some its evidently been really hard but overall, its amazing what you have done. I hope I can get motivated. Bit of a worry as I have leg pain and I'm sure its due to excess weight but saw on the internet heart problems. Its ok when I walk but the day or so after is a killer. I have knee problems, again, suspicious that its down to very excess weight. Any one else with knee or leg pains, did they ease as the weight reduced? I'm keen to hear how people have noticed their bodies change with the weight loss. I tend to think there is no hope for me so why bother.... negative or what. I would love to be able to "throw" a pair of jeans on and a jumper and maybe even welly boots - they don't make them wide enough. Help! Anyone!
Thanks and well done to all of you. Amazing.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome, I'm sure you'll find the help and encouragement here you want.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Everyone here has had struggles in their own way, and so I've found a lot of encouragement around here. I believe that you'll get lots of encouragement as well as you continue to post on this board.

I really feel for you. Apparently you have challenges to work through - but with creativity, you can still make good choices.

Please remember that you can become healthier from where you are in life. There's no other place to start! It definitely is possible for you to become more fit!

I've felt a bit more energy since I started here on 12/11. I just started strength training these last 2 weeks and am now feeling a difference from within. I think you will too find a difference as you make one healthy choice at a time.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:47 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the board, you will find a lot of friendly people here who are absolutely amazing with sharing their knowledge.
I will tell you at my highest weight I had both knee and hip pain and sleep problems. Even losing 26 pounds I am amazed that I know longer have knee or hip pain, and I longer snore. I still have 60 pounds to lose but will tell you I can't believe what a little bit off weight off can do for the body. However, I believe that not only losing the weight but doing weight training helped support my knees.
Start small, my girlfriend has bone on bone in her knees and is waiting for surgery. She bought a hand cycle that sits on her table and she cycles with her hands. She has lost 34 pounds. She also sits in her chair and dances. Movement is the first start.
My internal stats are all good. My resting heart rate went from 72 to 59. My blood pressure
went from 143/84 to 122/64. This is all with such small success, I'm so excited to keep going.
All I can say is start small, I logged my food for two weeks before I made any adjustments just to get the feel of the crap I was putting in my mouth. I also looked up sites for seniors. Even at 50 I don't consider myself a senior but they cater to easing into fitness.
Don't ever think it is not worth it. I look at the future. I do not want to go in to old age talking about my health problems. Living a life in pain is not for me.
Finally I will say this, my Grandma was 210 pounds when she died at 96. Not an ideal weight by any means but she did three things that I think helped her to get to that age.
She ate 3 healthy meals a day, usually with most vegetables coming from her garden as well as raising her own chickens. She danced and walked every single day except Sunday.
And finally she kept her mind busy, she knit, played bingo and played cards.
Sorry for a long post but it breaks my heart when someone says they have no hope.
So with love, gett off your butt and move even if it is with your arms.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:10 PM
FitDay Member

crazigerl ~ What a nice & encouraging post.

Kim ~ I totally agree with you!
Old 01-20-2012, 03:28 PM
FitDay Member

Hi SPAMLEY.
Old 01-21-2012, 08:24 PM
FitDay Member

Hi. Thanks for all the motivation. I am in awe of all of you. I have been "watching" the leg pain and its knee pain rather than leg pain so I hope thats good news! I would love to hear from anyone who had those sorts of pains, excrutiating pains, and they improved. Thanks for those that did mention it and go through the results on weight loss. There is so much more to weightloss than thinking food all of the time isn't there? I am so keen to know how I can be improved when its going/gone. Look, fitness, mind, energy etc. I got frustrated with slimming classes in the past because as soon as you get there, they just want to talk food and nothing else. There is a bigger picture. I appreciate you have to address the food but the other stuff is more exciting and surely if you can see the light at the end and what it can mean for you, you can follow the food easier. Just a thought. Any help with success stories and positive results would be brilliant. Thank you all.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:54 PM
FitDay Member

I have very bad knees, one of them has been taken apart and reassembled, twice. I can definitely say that my knee pain has gotten better with a lower weight, but not that it has gone away completely. The difference for me is that when my knees hurt now, it's almost always a change in the barometric pressure. So when I ache I check the weather forecast before I work out. If there is bad weather coming I workout in some pain, because I know that it's from inflammation, not an injury, and it will go away once the low pressure system passes. Every so often it aches from something I did to it, and when that's the case I'll do upper body and/or abs for a day or two, and give it time to heal. Another thing that helps my joints feel better is water, and plenty of it. Sodium in your diet can also cause water retention (swelling), so cutting back on it might also be beneficial for your knees.

Last edited by almeeker; 01-21-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SPAMLEY
Hi. Thanks for all the motivation. I am in awe of all of you. I have been "watching" the leg pain and its knee pain rather than leg pain so I hope thats good news! I would love to hear from anyone who had those sorts of pains, excrutiating pains, and they improved. Thanks for those that did mention it and go through the results on weight loss. There is so much more to weightloss than thinking food all of the time isn't there? I am so keen to know how I can be improved when its going/gone. Look, fitness, mind, energy etc. I got frustrated with slimming classes in the past because as soon as you get there, they just want to talk food and nothing else. There is a bigger picture. I appreciate you have to address the food but the other stuff is more exciting and surely if you can see the light at the end and what it can mean for you, you can follow the food easier. Just a thought. Any help with success stories and positive results would be brilliant. Thank you all.
So SPAMLEY, how about you tell us all about your goals here? How much weight do you want to lose? You seem very interested in asking for people to share "any help with success stories and positive results" on the one hand, and on the other hand you "see from the chat that you are doing amazingly well. Can't believe what you have all achieved." So you've read about people's successes yet you need more? It doesn't add up.

Since many here have already shared, now it your turn. Tell us your health and fitness goals why don't you.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard SPAMLEY. Interesting name, what's the meaning behind it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.