Notices

New to here, seeking advice

Old 01-20-2012, 10:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to here, seeking advice

hey, my name is michelle im 29 and a mum of 2 girls. They are at a nice age now to start looking after myself a little bit. I want to lose 26 lb in 7 months. any advice would be gratefully appriciated. thanks x
Old 01-20-2012, 11:08 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by shell2312
hey, my name is michelle im 29 and a mum of 2 girls. They are at a nice age now to start looking after myself a little bit. I want to lose 26 lb in 7 months. any advice would be gratefully appriciated. thanks x
Welcome Michelle! You definitely have an achievable goal. Be sure to look around the Forums. There is a lot of good advice, support and motivation to be found here. Be sure to check out the Women's Only Forum. LOTS of great ladies there.

I wish you the best on your journey!!
Old 01-20-2012, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Michelle, your goal sounds very realistic. I'm 30 with 2 kids also, and new here too. Lots of good advice and tools on the site. Come on over to the Womens section.
Old 01-20-2012, 03:30 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you in caring for yourself! I think that you're taking a great & wonderful step forward.

I hope to see you around. These forums have been a great experience for me. They don't expect perfection from me, and I feel like I can be myself around here.

Michelle, you asked for advice. I guess a piece of advice I have is to filter through advice and take on what works best for you! Some people like to start big, but I like to start small. That is, I like to take on one step at a time and gradually add in layers of habits. It's amazing what one or two changes in daily life can do!
Old 01-21-2012, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to FitDay.

Here's an accumulation of some of the best advice that fellow FitDay members have to offer:

FitDay's Best of Series

Last edited by VitoVino; 01-21-2012 at 01:59 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:33 AM
FitDay Member

Excellent resource - FitDay's Best of Series!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:15 AM
FitDay Member

We've requested that the threads be placed into their own forum. We are brainstorming for more topical threads on *popular* subjects.