Ex-Athlete (12 years ago) hopefully ex-fat guy in 2012 >

Ex-Athlete (12 years ago) hopefully ex-fat guy in 2012

Community
Notices

Ex-Athlete (12 years ago) hopefully ex-fat guy in 2012

Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Default Ex-Athlete (12 years ago) hopefully ex-fat guy in 2012

First off I don't have any new year's resolutions, since I've never kept one of those.

I started eating better, and logging my food in mid Dec. I just made my logs public today. I figured what the heck, know one is going to steal my identity because they know I ate ham this morning

30 years old
start weight 350 (Dec 15, 2011)
current weight 327 (Jan 2, 2012)
goal weight 325 by Jan 15, 2012
long term goal weight 185-215 depending on how I feel, how strict I want to be.

Been eating every three hours during the day, lots of protien, adding in some activity, been working well so far.

Sticking with it for longer then 3 weeks or so will be a milestone. I've hit the wall before at 3/4 weeks in.

See ya around!

Last edited by liquidlizard; 01-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay. I'm assuming your start weight is 250? Nearly 25 pounds in 2 weeks in amazing! Congrats.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Liquidlizard, welcome to FitDay! What type of sport(s) were you into years ago? Are you able to incorporate them into your lifestyle now, for some exercise? When you do something you love, it doesn't seem like a chore.

Glad to have you along...let us know if you have any questions or need some advice. The forums are great for keeping the motivation going! Check out the motivational thread especially in the women's corner...men are welcome there, too and it is, indeed, motivating.

One question: How did you get from 350 to 227...was there a year in between December and January's weight?
Old 01-02-2012, 03:40 PM
FitDay Member

I am forever putting a 2 instead of a 3. Waiting to be able to type that 2. I weigh 327 right now. Sorry for the confusion.

I played football, and threw shot and disc.

I'm looking at getting into a coed softball league with my wife.

Also eyeing a 5K on July 4th, but I currently can't really run at all due to my weight and even if I lost ten pounds a month I'd stil be around 270 by July. This 5k might be too soon for me.

I do enjoy weight lifting, which I've started to do.

Thanks for the replies, I feel supported and part of the community already!

Last edited by liquidlizard; 01-02-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Great job on the loss. Keep at it and the weight will fall off!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Hang in there, liquidlizard, you will be typing that 2 soon enough!

If you're really thinking about a 5K, google "couch to 5k running program." It starts off with walking, then intersperses running intervals into it. It's a 9 week program, I think, but you can always repeat weeks until you feel comfortable at that level. Many of us on here have used it and loved it. The thing about 5Ks is that there's always another one down the road. Looking forward to hearing about you celebrating your first one!
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 PM
FitDay Member

liquid, at this point, brisk walking will do as much as running and will be easier on your joints until your weight comes down.
Also, check for over-pronation as even normal feet can be overwhelmed by excess weight.

Mixing in high rep/low weight lifting will burn more calories.

You should be able to do a 5K by summer even if you walk it.
Couch to 5K
Instead of run/walk, start off with walk fast/walk slow.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:06 PM
FitDay Member

I've been at it about three weeks now. I looked back and I've realized a few things. Beer and Fudge are not good for my daily calorie counts. I've stopped eating so many carbs, but just the carbs in the fruits and veg I'm eating are still making my % of carbs 30-40.

I reached my first goal of a 25 pound loss. I weighed in at 324 today, down from 350.

I ate so bad before and moved so little that my recent efforts have just melted it off. I can see a big difference in the way my face looks and the way my pants fit and I'm starting to get some comments from friends and family.

I know I have to mentally prepare for the log haul. I know that the more I lose the narrower my calorie deficit will be if I keep eating the same.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on losing your first 25! That is a huge achievement in itself. Keep up the hard work.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:42 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by liquidlizard
I've been at it about three weeks now. I looked back and I've realized a few things. Beer and Fudge are not good for my daily calorie counts. I've stopped eating so many carbs, but just the carbs in the fruits and veg I'm eating are still making my % of carbs 30-40.

I reached my first goal of a 25 pound loss. I weighed in at 324 today, down from 350.

I ate so bad before and moved so little that my recent efforts have just melted it off. I can see a big difference in the way my face looks and the way my pants fit and I'm starting to get some comments from friends and family.

I know I have to mentally prepare for the log haul. I know that the more I lose the narrower my calorie deficit will be if I keep eating the same.
Hi there!
Congrats on meeting a pretty significant goal. Yeah, those fudge treats can be a real diet buster . Good work changing up your diet. Can't wait to see when you cross into the "2's"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.