Notices

Hi everybody

Old 09-06-2011, 01:38 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi everybody

Hi, I'm just getting used to getting around this site. I love fitday but my metabolism has stalled and have to exercise more.

8/26 130lb
9/6 128lb

Any ideas how I can speed up my weight loss? My goal weight is 115 by 10/26.

Nice to meet you all.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

Hi there, and welcome!

It looks like two pounds in 10 days is about average and safe in terms of rate of weight loss. Like you, I started at 130 with a goal of 115. The folks who are getting bigger drops in weight per week usually weigh more at the start and therefore it's easier for them to get a bigger calorie deficit, because they burn more. So unless you're pretty tall, it's going to be difficult to speed it up. What sort of exercise do you do? Can you do any weight training? Muscle burns more calories than fat.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Loss

Hi, thanks for the advice I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong. Although I am used to doing Atkins and losing at least 2 lbs per week. But then I'm carb. starved. Trying to be patient and do calories in and out. As far as exercise goes, I haven't been able to in over a week. Down with my back. I am really out of shape too. Starting today I am getting back to my low impact aerobics with an exercise tube for resistance training. Do you think that will help build muscle? Also, walking everyday it doesn't rain for 1/2 hour to an hour. Do you think that's enough to jump start my sluggish metabolism? I sure do hope so! That's all I can start with and will add more as am able.

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Hi there, and welcome!

It looks like two pounds in 10 days is about average and safe in terms of rate of weight loss. Like you, I started at 130 with a goal of 115. The folks who are getting bigger drops in weight per week usually weigh more at the start and therefore it's easier for them to get a bigger calorie deficit, because they burn more. So unless you're pretty tall, it's going to be difficult to speed it up. What sort of exercise do you do? Can you do any weight training? Muscle burns more calories than fat.