Notices

Back and Bigger

Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM
FitDay Member

Angry Back and Bigger

Hi Folks,
Been away since Oct of 2010.
I signed up in Aug of 2010 at 257 lbs and got down to 241 lbs by Oct.
Here I am a year later and I'm tipping the toledo @ 265 lbs.
I'm sick of being overweight. I want so much to be successful.
Historically I start off gangbusters then just fall into the same old habits.
Probably a familiar story for others as well.
Well here we go again....... Wish me luck.
Hey, and good luck to everyone else out there "Fighting The Fat"
Old 08-22-2011, 03:14 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Ken,

Welcome back! Put together a plan - which allows your favorite foods occasionally - and check the forums often! Plenty of folks here to motivate you/answer questions/ kick your butt if you need it!
Good Luck!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:49 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Ken, welcome back. Daily visits to FitDay to log your food is really the key, I think. I find it helps to talk to others here on the forums as well.

I don't wish anyone "luck" as I truly don't believe it applies to weight loss but I do happily wish you success!

Regards,
Michael
Old 08-23-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Back Ken!
Old 08-23-2011, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Ken, it is good that you are back and trying again. I believe the people in your life will have a big affect on the success of your program. I hope you do have a plan. A question I have for you is, do you feel committed to getting back in shape? I never last long at anything unless I truly feel committed (not just thinking I am or talk).
I wish you much luck.
Bob
Old 08-23-2011, 03:52 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sdpony
Hi Ken, it is good that you are back and trying again. I believe the people in your life will have a big affect on the success of your program. I hope you do have a plan. A question I have for you is, do you feel committed to getting back in shape? I never last long at anything unless I truly feel committed (not just thinking I am or talk).
I wish you much luck.
Bob
Thanks Bob,
Ya, I'm committed .I need to do this.With age I feel being heavy is making it more dificult to do things I used to take for granted.
It won't be easy changing from living to eat to eating to live.
There are so many wonderful success stories here to "feed" off of.(ouch ),so one day at at time.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life, but I think the two things that have helped me most this time were to study myself, identify my worst habits and work on changing them to good habits one at a time. Tackling the whole front line at once is exhausting and nearly impossible to maintain, so when you fall off the wagon, you fall HARD! The other thing I've been doing differently this time is that I have learned to forgive myself, rather than head for the land of denial, where I end up in the tailspin of despair. So welcome back, dust yourself off and make time to hit the forum at least a couple of times/week.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator

Lightbulb

Think of the good news to your story: you know how to lose weight. The problem is how to keep it off.

There are some great free podcasts on iTunes (I like the Fat2Fit guys): burn a few CDs to give yourself some motivational talk while you're dieting. Then, when you start to slide, you at least have familiar motivational talk to get back on track.

Something I heard in Weight Watchers - from the group leader - that helps me is to remember that all weight loss is really weight maintenance. That is, you lose a pound. Then, if the goal is to keep that 1 pound off, and you can do that, then you're very successful and good for you. Then you can lose the next pound. One pound at a time, and keeping that pound off, until the pounds add up to the weight loss that you want. Then, there you are - already in maintenance mode and you've lost the weight you want!

It's easy to get derailed by switching to something that promises 'quicker weight loss.' But, usually, that weight will come back fairly quickly, so what did 'quick' weight loss buy you?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone,
I'm 3 weeks into this new lifesyle and just wanted to say things are coming along nicely.I've lost weight, feel better,have a game plan, and still feel very motivated.All this in only 3 weeks!
I tend to hang around the 100 lbs + to loose discussion group as that's where I'm at..
If you are here, stick with the basic formula of reducing the food intake and increasing the activity level . It works.
There is a lot of knowledge and support to be had on this forum.
All by comlete strangers, which in itself is simply amazing.