Notices

Reality Check for Me - New start

Old 02-03-2011, 03:27 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Reality Check for Me - New start

Hello all,
I have been struggling with my weight in the last four years but tonight I got the wake up call of the lifetime for me. I had reached a weight of 207.8lbs which felt like why did I buy a scale. My finascee and I are getting married in August of this year after being together for over 9 years. I swore to myself I was never going to let myself get to this heavy of a weight. I watched my grandmother become mortability obese to the point of bed ridden and I have a sister-in-law that has major health issues because she is also morbaility obese. I have never been this size unless I was pregnant. When I get winded from wrestling with my husband and he is only 3 pounds heavier then I am then I gave myself a good shake. I have started eating better in the last week or two but I need to get back into the lifestyle that I was before I had my youngest. I am an emotional eater, which is not good I know. I am hoping to find encouragement as this is a real struggle for me. Bluntally put I hate how I am right now and need a change.
Old 02-05-2011, 02:11 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

This is the right place to be to help you take control of your eating and fitness goals.

Take some time to read through the various subforums--lots of great advice and great people.

If you have questions or need help, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 07:59 AM
FitDay Member

Fun screen name, I once attended a medieval wedding, a real hoot that... Anyway welcome aboard. It's not going to be easy, I won't lie to you about that, but it's going to be great. I started off heavier than you even, in part because I felt like not only was a heart attack likely, it was eminent, that and I just wanted to be able to keep up with our kids. You might want to check out a couple of threads, their are a couple of 100 pound threads, even if you don't need to lose that much they are really good spots to check. There is also the 7-day motivational thread, starts new each week, gets pages and pages long. Make goals - stick to them, give a report, that sort of thing.