Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
No support so far >

No support so far

Community
Notices

No support so far

Old 01-12-2011, 11:30 PM
FitDay Member

I forgot to say welcome to Diana & nykolel. Congrats to Diana on the 175 lost even if you have put some back on. This is certaily a great site to get the support to help you get back on track and stay on track. Nykolel, when jealousy of all the pretty people you see on tv and such causes you sadness picture yourself at your goal, looking awesome! The mind is a strange thing and I know positive thoughts are better for us than anything else. One thing I love about this site is the journal. I use it to tell myself positive things every morning before I start my day. I try not to fill it with things that defeat me. I tell myself ... I'm worth it!, I can do this, Just do it, No excuses. I can conquer anything etc. You will be surprised after doing this regularly it will empower you and give you victory over those demons that haunt you and defeat you.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jwonsch
I was so excited to find this free site that offered so many tools necessary for my weight loss journey. However I posted twice in response to someone elses posts and I haven't received any replies or encouragement yet. I am either doing something wrong and do not understand how to work a forum
(all this is new to me). So instead of letting it discourage me I thought I would start my on "thread" and see if that helps. There is alot of encouragement being given out and it could truly be a great tool to help someone who is trying to lose 100lbs in a year. I am trying this year to not let discouragement defeat me so this is how I will fight it... head on.
im here just logged on to it good luck
Old 01-13-2011, 08:48 AM
FitDay Member

thank you jonwonsch for your comment i sometimes feel that way b/c i want to be tthose people. i know that alot of this negative doubt is me, but i wish i dont feel this way that is why i love this site. not only does it track my progress, it is a great tool in the fight aganist weight loss and maintaining the weight loss. and talking to you guys

love
peace
and souuuuuuul!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2011, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Janice,

Sorry to hear your first posts didn't get responses. We're a pretty fickle group.
It sounds like you'd be a great addition to our weekly motivational thread, which is in the women's only section. We all set specific individual goals for ourselves early in the week, then check in daily with how we did. There are also a lot of jokes and silliness, which makes it fun!
See ya there. This week's just says "motivational starting 1/10" or something. It was started by canary52.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks nottango, I figured out how to really get in the conversations. I started just clicking on "New Posts" periodically throughout the day and I can see when people are talking. If it's a subject I want to comment on I do. This is really a wonderful way to feel like you're in the fight with others who understand. I will check out the motivational thread. The forums keep me focused during the day. Good luck with your last 12 lbs! Be seeing ya in the chat
Old 01-13-2011, 11:17 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Nykolel, it does seem like some of us struggle maybe more with negative thoughts maybe even more than our diet. I have been struggling with some negative thoughts myself, but I realized that they are LIES! And if someone stood in your face and you KNEW they were lying, you would probably say to them " you're lying!" sooooo... that's the approach I take with my negative thoughts. I might think something and then I say " Is that true? NO!" so then that is followed by telling myself to shutup and leave me alone! It actually has worked but I might just be weird. Anyway one of the things I post in my morning journal is " Recognize untruthful thoughts". Be as nice to yourself as you would be to your bestfriend.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:40 PM
FitDay Member

Smile I'm just starting out again.

Hello Janice
This is my first day on this site. I'm not that computer savy so I hope this gets back to you. I am 53 and 220.8 pounds. My goal is find the woman that lives within. I know that she is still there. Thought is would be great to chat with someome around my same age.
This time I am going to try and lose 10% of my wt and then I will take it forward from there. The last 20 pounds have come on very quickly, so I am hoping the first 10% will go by quickly.
Look forward to chatting with you.
Karen from Penticton British Columbia, Canada.