Single Mom and determined!

Community
Notices

Single Mom and determined!

Old 01-09-2011, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Single Mom and determined!

Hi All,

I am not one to actually post on message boards, but I found this site after purchasing oxyelite pro to get me back on track. I have the "typical" story of having 3 kids in the span of 2001 to 2006 and realized that I was at a horrible place with my weight. After stressing myself out to the max, I have finally realized that it's all in my head...I now understand that I am the one in control of my body and it is about getting into a healthy space in my own mind and follow through.

I honestly don't have a lot of time to exercise and can't afford a gym membership, so I will start off today with the healthy breakfast that I have grown accustomed to eating (1 c. cooked oatmeal with 1/8 c. raisins and 1 c. of tea) in about an hour I will eat a banana and then usually 1/2 hour after that eat an apple. And so on and so forth. I will walk for about 25 minutes and then go from there...

I will be 31 this year and I am starting off at 165 lbs. I don't look bad, but know that I would feel so much better about myself if I could put a bathing suit on and not even think twice about it by the summertime. Being single doesn't help, but my focus is on me now instead of someone else!

Here's to 2011 and achieving goals that are realistic and follow through!

Last edited by moabhoney11; 01-09-2011 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay!

Just a thought... A big plus to being single? You are in charge of all the food that comes into your house, so you don't have to worry about being tempted by the unhealthy junk food you are trying to avoid.

And a perfect opportunity to teach your kids healthy eating habits and an active lifestyle by example.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:05 AM
FitDay Member

Default Food choices

Thanks for the feedback! I honestly have always tried to bring nutritious food into my home. I haven't had a microwave in over 10 years and all of the food that comes out of my kitchen is home made. The problem isn't snacks and whatnot, it's the food choices that I personally make for myself. On average the food that the kids eat looks like this:

Breakfast : 2 whole grain pancakes w/natural syrup (water)
Lunch: PB+Honey with Adam's PB on whole grain bread (sans additives + HF corn syrup), mini carrots w/ranch and cut up apples
Dinner: curried chicken over rice, green salad, (bread of some kind)

That would be a typical day at my house. It varies of course and the kids need more "fats" than I do, so I find myself constantly making food...just not eating it. I have changed that about myself in the past couple of weeks and I have honestly noticed a huge difference in my mood/energy levels.
Old 01-09-2011, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Are you eating enough to meet your needs? I suggest logging everything you eat and drink just to see what your calories and macros are.

When I did I found out I needed to increase my cals but decided to stick with lower carbs.

And I couldn't live without my microwave, I use it everyday, lol!
Old 01-13-2011, 09:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. I am new on here too. This is actually the first comment writing to someone. I am 20 years old and I am a single mom as well. My daughter 7 months old. I have 40 more pounds to lose and my goal date is by june 1, 2011. I am so determined as well its incredible. I get really competitive with myself I even dream about it. I started this fitday thing 11 days ago and I have already lost 11 pounds. Which is really good for me! keep me posted on your weight loss! Jordan
Old 01-13-2011, 10:01 AM
FitDay Member

One of the best things a single mum can do is to invest in a stationery bike or ecliptical trainer. There is no need to go to gym if you can have gym at home put kids to bed at 9pm and cycle during evening news.

Jordan, 11lb in 11 days sounds like an awful lot. Be careful, weight lost quickly tends to return quickly.