Notices

Army Officer trying to get in great shape

Old 12-04-2010, 10:38 PM
FitDay Member

Cool Army Officer trying to get in great shape

Hello all! I am currently deployed and trying to get in great shape. I am about 6'2'' and as of last night I was 222lbs. I don't feel like I am overweight but this site as well as the Army standards say otherwise, so I figure I would use this site to stay motivate and keep myself going in the right direction. Is there a forum or area where you can show your progress? say uploading pics along the journey? my goal is 210, because I know I am a sexy beast at 210. This site says that is still overweight but I guess I just can win with that. If anyone is on the same path or just wants to motivate and inspire me just let me know, deployment is always the perfect time to get in great shape, I can't have any excuses...Thanks for reading and have a great day and get your sweat on!

Drew
Old 12-05-2010, 03:08 AM
Super Moderator

Drew aka Mad Dog 20 20,

if you want to start a thread with your progress, post it in Success Stories. 222 at 6'2" isn't too bad. If you are looking at BMI #'s, those numbers are crazy. I think you have to be skinny to be in the normal range, especially if you have any muscle mass.

The good thing is you only have 12 pounds to go, not even 6% of your current weight. That should be pretty easy but I'll give you 3 tips.

1. Eat clean
2. Drop and give me 20
3. Repeat step 2

I finally got a chance to say that.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks for the replies, I figure between running atleast 35 min a night and continuing to lift and be active I will start getting even more lean. I think your very right about eating right....and hell the dropping to do pushups throughout the day can only help. I am always up for motivation so send it this way!

Drew aka MadDawg6
Old 12-06-2010, 01:16 AM
Super Moderator

I'm sure you are active enough. I'm not sure if you are on MRE's or not but I do know that it can be done even on that crap. As mentioned above, thanks for your service!
Old 12-06-2010, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Well thank you for the support. I come from a family of military members so I guess it just felt natural...2 deployments later it still feels right, so I will continue to truck on.

I am currently working out one daily after work for about 1-1.5 hours...depending on the amount of lifting I do. I am going to attempt to start doing 2 a days starting Friday, after I get done with a course I am in right now.

I am taking a couple supplements to help recover and just get a meal replacement it for those times when breakfast just isn't an option.

Whey and Casein....I have started to feel leaner so I am hoping these products are working for me. If you have any suggestions on supplements or even the amount of shakes a day I should take...currently 1 whey shake in the AM and 1 Casein shake 1 hour before bed. Thanks for the continued support!

Drew
Old 12-06-2010, 04:17 AM
FitDay Member

01gt4.6-

you must be alot shorter then me....because your transformation is crazy, and If I can get down to 210....I would look drastically different...but way to go, I dont think I could ever be your weight...I grew up playing Texas football...so I look like a football player, big back, arms, chest.....I just have little legs....I was a pulling guard so my 4.7/40 worked out well.......anyways, just thought I would comment on your awesome transformation..
Old 12-06-2010, 04:32 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Drew and thanks for your service! Looking forward to pictures of your progress.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:45 PM
FitDay Member

ok here is my take from another tall guy. active workout days should be at min 3 days a week. consider doing core, and cardio work like p90x whit what else it may need.

i am at 286 from 332 roughly so i can say that fitday helped kick start the engine but what has helped the most after that was Water and 2% milk.
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MadDawg6
01gt4.6-

you must be alot shorter then me....because your transformation is crazy, and If I can get down to 210....I would look drastically different...but way to go, I dont think I could ever be your weight...I grew up playing Texas football...so I look like a football player, big back, arms, chest.....I just have little legs....I was a pulling guard so my 4.7/40 worked out well.......anyways, just thought I would comment on your awesome transformation..
yeah I'm 5'8". Thanks, yeah you probably wouldn't right at your height.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 12-09-2010 at 06:01 AM.