30 and Ready for Change! >

30 and Ready for Change!

Community
Notices

30 and Ready for Change!

Old 09-12-2017, 08:26 AM
FitDay Member

Smile 30 and Ready for Change!

Hello all! I'm quite new to all this (i.e. losing weight slowly and successfully, let alone sharing my stories and struggles about my relationship to my body with anyone other than my journal) and am feeling a bit vulnerable. I think it's safe to assume that I'm not the only one, though. For years I have struggled with body image issues and excess fat that has only exacerbated my insecurities. I deal with debilitating perfectionism, which has meant that I have always had to do everything myself and everything right the first time. As a result, I have continually isolated myself and have only experienced exponential frustration when it comes to losing weight and keeping it off. I actually put on weight this year, after I turned 30 and began to experience yet another transitional crisis, this one specifically constituting a, "HOLY %$#^ I'M 30 WHAT HAVE I BEEN DOING WITH MY LIFE" moment. I'm working hard to adopt new habits, including seeking help from others for support and motivation. Which is why I'm here. Seeking strength and encouragement from others with a shared desire to be healthy, strong, and adaptable. It's nice to meet you.
Old 09-12-2017, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome and good luck! Change is good!
Old 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you, Kathy! Glad to be here