Community
Notices

New Start.

Old 06-05-2017, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

Default New Start.

Hi. I've lost weight before but have always struggled to keep it off. This time, I really want to succeed.
I've just turned 49 and am currently at my heaviest. Next May, I'll be 50 and I would love to be a slimmer and healthier version of myself as I enter the next half-century.
I have six children, the oldest being 25 and the youngest being 7. I gained a lot of weight with my last pregnancy and didn't lose it after my son was born. I tell myself that it was my age and to some degree that might be true, but I'm positive I could lose weight and be fit and healthy enough to be a good mom to an energetic 7 y/o.
As well as watching what I eat, I know I need to be more active. I'm a stay at home mom at the moment, although I do help with my husband's business. My hours there are very irregular and sporadic, so it can be hard to plan additional activity into my day as I never know when I might be called upon.
I also have a child with a serious health issue at the moment, which is hugely worrying and stressful and means I have to incorporate regular hospital visits into my routine as well.
I feel it would be very beneficial to myself to be a healthy weight, but also for my family. They are my incentive. I hope I can do them proud.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I believe you can do it!

It may take longer, it may go more quickly - you'll figure out how to control your calories with your food choices, it just takes time.

Stress definitely takes its toll when you are dieting. Rather than tell myself that I won't deal with stress by eating, I try to find things that at least if I count them, the calories won't defeat my dieting efforts.

Doesn't always work that well, so another thing to do is try to be good to yourself. Try to minimize stress by getting enough sleep, making that comfortable sleep a treat when you can. It's not always possible to do that but recognize when you can and enjoy it!

You can walk indoors with Leslie Sansone's DVDs or videos (or stream online). If you can't get out of the house, do some walking indoors and you're still moving! The routines are simple but fun. Anyone can walk!

Good luck!
Old 06-07-2017, 04:43 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome aboard! Good luck with your goals!!
Old 12-16-2023, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Remember, it's okay to ask for support and seek professional guidance if needed. Your well-being is important not only for yourself but for your family as well. Wishing you the best on your journey, and I hope you achieve your health and fitness goals!
Old 01-09-2024, 09:14 PM
FitDay Member

Very good.