Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-1-2013

Old 07-02-2013, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mel, I hope that you enjoy a healthy guiltless meal at the restaurant tonight.
Be strong.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Robin:
FitDay once a day?! The mere wording brings me to the verge of a panic attack! Going to my happy place now... happy thoughts, happy thoughts...
Ian:
Challenge accepted for next week! I'm already in a panic attack mode anyway.

Update on goals for this week:

- two extra, non-running workouts - M: 25 min DVD workout

- overall 1,000 calorie deficit for the week - M: -75

- walking challenge - 10 miles - M: 2.5 mi, T: 3 mi 5.5 total so far
Old 07-02-2013, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

Oy! I missed a lot last night!

I managed to get my first swim in yesterday, but am feeling sore today, so am not sure if I will do any today, especially as I'd have to walk there and back in the Texas heat.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Kocialapcia
Robin:
FitDay once a day?! The mere wording brings me to the verge of a panic attack! Going to my happy place now... happy thoughts, happy thoughts...
me too, I'm on (or on and off) all day.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:03 AM
FitDay Member

Default un-diet day 6 on plan

Hi Donna and Carolyn,

Well doing well, my mind is expanding as I am adding back foods that I have not been eating in a long time. However I am eating all real foods, no-frankenfoods and mostly organic. I even am making my own salad dressing as I have been craving my lemon vinegrette. So for breakfast I had bacon,eggs and a piece of toast(whole grain omega 3 organic). It was very good and I feel satisfied and not as if I am on a diet. So, am calories are 550. My goal is to eat more in the am and lighter in the evening if possible. lunch is a big salad with chicken, organic spring mix, cucumber and red bell pepper. afternoon snack is
.5 cup cottage cheese with a cup of watermelon. Drinking alot of water every day....This is my goal. To eat what I want and keep it around 1500 calories per day so that I have a deficite of 1000 calories per day/2 pounds per week. I am working out 5 or more days per week and on days of extreme workouts I will add some more caloreis.

Today I hiked a mountain trial(tuesday workout), that is a hard workout for me, my body bug said it was about 550 calories I burned. I think I went over some on calories over the weekend so I don't think I will add that much extra on calories. I am a little sad because I used to be able to hike so much better than I am doing now. I think if you stop doing something it really is hard to get back into it if it is a hard workout. But I really breath heavy and I think my lung capacity has gone up and that is good. If you work at a desk all day I guess I might have started being a shallow breather. I play raquetball 2 to three days a week. thursdays I walk on the beach zumba on Saturday which is about 700 to 1000 calorie burn for me.

My current goal is to get down to 239 by 10/17 if I remember correctly. This is a conservative goal of two pounds per week.

What I like the most is the idea that I am not on a diet or depriving myself. If I want something then I will plan for it. But, if I am going to use calories it must be really good and worth it or I will not eat it. example is like a desert....etc....

sorry to be so long winded. I just wanted to let you all know what my plan is and how I am doing.

Thanks so much for the support, this really helps me and helps me stay on task as I am loging everything.

donna
Old 07-02-2013, 06:38 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes,
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

Today is going well. I thought I would get my exercise in early this week because the rest of the week looks pretty full. The day is half over and I have used up more than half my calories so I will try to keep it light for supper.
Keep strong.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:50 AM
FitDay Member

For yesterday:
1.) Be okay with number of calories I eat (and I'll be honest about it!) - M: mm, I could have done better, but I also avoided cheesecake, so my blood sugar thanked me for that
2.) Drink 64 oz. water/day - M: Y
3.) Exercise
M: Gym - Done
T: Run 4 miles
W: Gym
Th: Run 3 miles
F: Gym
S: off
Su: Run 4 miles

So, I've been working on my journal article (AND TOTALLY NOT LAZING ABOUT WATCHING WIMBLEDON...) so I've been spending a lot of time at Starbucks. Two tips:
1.) If you're hungry, try the spinach, egg white and feta wrap! It's tasty and only 290 calories. Compare that to the classic sausage, egg and cheese English muffin with 500 calories.
2.) If you like Chai tea lattes, try ordering a "full-leaf Chai tea latte", which basically means that you still get the latte, but they make it with the tea bag rather than the mix (which is full of carbs!!!!) Then you can get a pump of sugar-free vanilla to sweeten it if you like. I will say that some baristas don't know what you mean by full-leaf, so they might mess it up - I have to coach a lot of them through the process, which is kind of annoying, but unless you want the 35 g of carbs in the tea from mix, it's worth it.

It's really good to see everyone so active. I stopped by a couple times this last winter/spring, even though I wasn't posting, and I noticed it had gone a bit quiet. It's great to see us pumped up!
Old 07-02-2013, 06:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Wow quinniepoo. You've got me fired up. I'm going to do some walking tonight! We all seriously need to plan a 1/2 marathon in the future... I know, I sounds like a nag.
Haha.... That's a strange lesson that I have learned from all of this is that when I was able to work out strenuously I didn't feel like it or I had a million reasons not to. Now that my leg is a little gimpy, I would kill to go cliff climbing tonight.

So my little Buttercup, get out there in that gorgeous NOLA heat and put in a mile for me... but don't worry, I'll be kicking your pants in no time!
Old 07-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quinnesec
horrendous NOLA heat and put in a mile for me...
I fixed your post. You got it!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week
Calories under 1,100 a day: M-877 T-957
Water 6 glasses a day: Yes, Yes
Exercise 5K for the week: M-1.5k T-1.6k
I am going to try for two pounds this week.

I am going to have to catch up on my reading. I hope every one had a great day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.