Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor! >

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread, starting June 3: Starting June with renewed vigor!

Old 06-04-2013, 03:25 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
[.. My]the attempts came out extraordinarily toxic and I didn't think that served anyone well -- you or me. There's no need for me to rain on everyone else's parade simply because I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Traditionally, this is just about the time where I make a not-so-graceful exit from the wagon ("Screw this, if I'm not going to get the results anyway, I may as well go back to eating things I want and things I like rather than all this healthy cr... stuff"). Evidence: I've blown my 3-week blue streak by starting the week in the red (one blasted sodium point). I'm going to try my hardest not to let it spiral down from here but no guarantees.

Sorry for the rant...
Sorry I'm hacking this in while 'attending' a boring phone mtg. ...
But one red sodium point? That's like, nothing! If I went into the details of my food transgressions, no one would read this forum again!

Now suck it up, pick your cardboard, um, I mean Rice cake and repeat after me! I will eat healthy! I WILL EAT HEALTHY!
Old 06-04-2013, 03:28 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Tori- welcome back.

Epixi- you have been SO enthusiastic. Don't give up. You will not lose pounds every week, but you will lose every month. Be patient. Do a list of pros and cons if you need to.

This weeks goals:

1. Cals between 1200 and 1400 (rolling average) 1311
2. One green tea per day. M-Y
3. Increase Omega 3. M-Y
Old 06-04-2013, 03:49 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Jezzie: Here is the website that first inspired me to go raw for awhile and a link to the pictures of Angela Stokes.

Woman goes raw, loses more than half herself - CNN.com

Raw Reform - Photo Gallery

Libby: I can eat anything that is raw. This includes any raw fruits, veggies, seeds, and nuts. I had a hard time reaching 1,200 calories at first, so I researched the raw diet. I added cold pressed extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make a dressing for the veggies. Some types of balsamic vinegar can be used on a raw diet (look for ones without caramel coloring). The plan states you can eat raw fish and eggs, but that sounds really gross and could be dangerous (bacteria). I only drink water. After six weeks, I plan on adding boiled eggs, so I can get B12 in my diet. I do take multivitamins. My goal is to stay off all processed foods and meats until I reach my goal. (which will be a very long time) I may stay off meat forever. I have never been a meat fan, and I do not miss bread. (I miss mashed potatoes ) Below is a sample of what I would eat for lunch.

*Veggie salad with chopped cucumber, tomatoes, fresh mushrooms (for Vit. D), onion, raw zucchini, 2 tablespoons of homemade raw dressing (1 tablespoon of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, clove of crushed garlic, a bit of chopped jalapeno, dill weed)
*A piece of fruit or grapes
Old 06-04-2013, 04:07 AM
FitDay Member

Goals for the week:
1. Avg 1400 calories a day: 1255
2. Avg 45 min exercise a day: 22, 50 so far today
3. Small bites, slower eating: so-so
4. No sugar, white flour: Y
--------------
Robin - I enjoy reading your rotating quotations. *** It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. ― Confucius *** I'm going to keep this one.

Donna - I too hesitated to start the thread trying to think of a title. What first came to mind was "June is busting out all over" - which made it sound like we were all bursting out of our clothes - NOT good! I looked at past threads and saw a lot didn't have any title other than the date, so that's what I'll do next time, if I can't think of anything. I'm at my first goal - forgot to change my signature. Still hovering around it. I'm at a point where each pound is coming off VERY slowly.

Jenn - that's the way to do it - going for a walk even if you're not motivated.

epixi - stay on the wagon!!!! You can do it. I want (and need) to lose some more. But as long as the scale's not going up, I'm happy (well, not happy, but satisfied) - I know all too well how quickly the pounds can go on. You've lost 16+ pounds. That's no small achievement. Have you noticed a difference - in your body shape? in your energy levels? in your mobility/endurance?

Mike - *** Oh God, now she's going to get a big head! *** If her head starts to swell, just tell her that a big head = more pounds.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by episode2011
Goals for the Week:

Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes
Maintain adequate daily hydration: yes
Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 1200-1550 calories: 1503
Maintain a 7-day rolling average between 800-1300mg sodium: 1301
Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 16g fiber: 16
Some sort of physical activity 4x during the week: M=Tai Chi and Navrai ...(1/4)
Study every day: yes

Sorry I've been MIA. I've tried to post several times, but most of the attempts came out extraordinarily toxic and I didn't think that served anyone well -- you or me. There's no need for me to rain on everyone else's parade simply because I'm feeling sorry for myself.

Traditionally, this is just about the time where I make a not-so-graceful exit from the wagon ("Screw this, if I'm not going to get the results anyway, I may as well go back to eating things I want and things I like rather than all this healthy cr... stuff"). Evidence: I've blown my 3-week blue streak by starting the week in the red (one blasted sodium point). I'm going to try my hardest not to let it spiral down from here but no guarantees.

Sorry for the rant...
I understand you wanting to be all positive and upbeat but you know what?? Life isn't always rainbows and lollipops. I've said it before, I'll say it again... we are like one big (dysfunctional) family. Part of motivating others is also having someone to lean on when you need a lift. That's what we're here for. Unless you licked your plate, that 1mg of sodium probably stayed on the plate.
Old 06-04-2013, 04:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
I understand you wanting to be all positive and upbeat but you know what?? Life isn't always rainbows and lollipops...
Yeah! I'm 56 and ~still~ waiting for my pony!

- Donna
Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Unless you licked your plate, that 1mg of sodium probably stayed on the plate.
LOL. I laughed out loud at that one.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:39 AM
FitDay Member

You think your life sucks. I have spent the better part of the day trying to pass a kidney stone. Not much eating, no exercise, just a trip to the medical lab and lying on my back at home in pain. I bet you feel better about your life already. Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to keep in touch. Better days are ahead for us all.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by libby116
You think your life sucks. I have spent the better part of the day trying to pass a kidney stone. Not much eating, no exercise, just a trip to the medical lab and lying on my back at home in pain. I bet you feel better about your life already. Sorry for the rant but I just wanted to keep in touch. Better days are ahead for us all.
Oh, Libby - ouch!! Hope you've passed it. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:05 PM
FitDay Member

Default Monday & Tuesday Update

Tori's goals
1) Walk 4 miles--0, 2
2) post daily--yes, yes
3) drink 64 oz water--no, probably not but working on it
4) spend at least 3 hours with JC--2, 0

No big heads here. I needed him to set some small goals for me. Didn't know he was gonna do it, but glad he did.

Libby--OUCH!!! Hope you're feeling a little better.

Everyone else--Stay strong, keep on keeping on!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.