Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back! >

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread starting May 13: Getting Our Groove Back!

Old 05-18-2013, 03:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello all

Hi

I've been lurking around here for a couple of weeks but haven't had the courage to post until now. Can I join you all from next week?
Old 05-19-2013, 01:27 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Ian. I joined this group last week and the others made me feel right at home. Tell us what motivates you and what you would like to accomplish here.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:37 AM
FitDay Member

Woke up yesterday with runny nose and scratchy throat. Went to my local pharmacy and he said it sounds like allergies. UGH I have never had an allergic reaction before. He said pollen is really bad this year.
A little frustrating as I was finally exercising more and I am really tired! I'm going to focus on eating less and making sure I drink lots of water.

Welcome Ian!

Jenn
Old 05-19-2013, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Ian

Good choice to join us for a little motivation and support. Posting your goals really increases your accountability.

Jenn sorry to hear about your symptoms, that does make you really tired. I wonder why the pollen is worse than usual? People have complained of that here as well.....my b-i-l had some issue with painting his high school racecar because of the pollen!

I'm off, with my son, to see if we can find more fiddleheads - 150 calories per pound guys!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:12 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, all!

Awwww Jenn, allergies, blech! Poor thing! I used to be susceptible but haven't had an attack in a few years. My son, on the other hand, gets allergy attacks every spring and fall. Don't forget to get your rest. Allergies can wipe you out!

Welcome aboard, Ian! I did the same thing, lurking for a few weeks before posting. I'm so glad you decided to jump on in!

Good morning, Robin! Have fun out fiddleheading!

As for me:

Goals for the Week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions (nibbles and "tastes" count!): yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000, 2000
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1550 calories: 1482, 1505, 1437, 1447, 1317, 1340
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of under 1300mg sodium: 958, 1114, 1071, 1131, 886, 945
  • Maintain a 7-day rolling average of at least 15g fiber: 16, 16, 17, 18, 20, 22 <---yeah, baby!
  • No red entries on this report: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes

Made a huge pot of soup yesterday. So huge, in fact, that it ended up in two pots. So huge that, when it was done and I was in the process of divvying it up into individual portions, I ran out of freezer containers (whodathunk 14 2-cup containers wouldn't be enough?). So I did what anyone would do. I ate the remainder. A little over 3 cups of soup. What? I couldn't just toss it out!!!

The good news is I hadn't yet had dinner, so that was dinner for me. The better news is I think it's a really healthy soup. Very low calories. Very low sodium. High protein, high fiber. And it even gets me (ME) to eat and enjoy vegetables. That in itself is a mighty accomplishment.

Wishing you all a Soup-er Sunday!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi All, I will be beck (this is my Ahnuld circa Terminator accent) tomorrow. Hope you are all well, shiny happy people.

Hi Ian!!! Welcome.

Mike, dink tea and broth and get better!!!!

Love to all, Hope.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:47 AM
FitDay Member

HOPE!!!

(((hugs))) Glad to see you back!
Old 05-19-2013, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Ian - welcome! Glad to have you here.

Hope - so glad to see you back.

Jenn - hope your symptoms disappear soon. It does sound a bit odd to have developed allergies at this point in your life.

lilbits - I agree with Robin's advice to you to not weigh yourself daily. It's too frustrating to not see the scale move when you've been trying so hard. I started out weighing myself just once a week. I usually saw a one or two pound drop over the week, and that rate of loss isn't easily seen on a daily weigh in.

epixi - your soup sounds wonderful. I would have eaten the rest too (remember, one of my five food trees was vegetable soup). I really felt like having vegetable soup for breakfast this morning too, but didn't even have a can around.

Robin - love your Julius Erwin quote. I just noticed it yesterday. I actually thought of it as I was mindlessly reaching for something I shouldn't eat- and it stopped me from going ahead.

My kitchen is a mine field of temptations. My husband has a sweet tooth and right now has open packets of Hershey kisses, Jordan almonds, and hard candies, as well as some chips. I've thought about asking him to keep them somewhere else, but I figure what better way to learn restraint. When I see those goodies, I'm hardly ever tempted any more (and Jordan almonds used to be my favorite candy). My problem comes when I reach for something mindlessly, eat it, and then crave more (and then often do eat more). It reminds me of on the last season of The Biggest Loser, where one of the contestants was at a Mexican restaurant with friends who were all eating chips and salsa before dinner. A friend encouraged her to just try one. She declined and said something like, "But could I stop at one?" I'm learning that lesson, but haven't mastered it!
Old 05-19-2013, 11:46 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi, sounds like you made enough soup to feed everyone on the thread lol......Mike could use some especially since he's under the weather.

Hope so good to see you returning..........you have been on a MIA list.......there are quite a few regulars missing and the thread has been very quiet.

Carolynnq, for me it's abstinence or nothing! Fortunately my husband is generally on a eating healthy kick so he has had not too many treats around, my boys have treats but I make them take them to their rooms. I don't think I could handle the temptation when I am hungry.

Our fiddlehead picking was very successful, got about 5 lbs so I will freeze some. We were next to both a beaver dam and a beaver hut, and I suspect there were babies in the hut because I had a hard time to keep the dog away from it. There are a few more fiddleheads that will likely be up tomorrow as well! The fresh taste is wonderful. So much of our produce is shipped in from far far away.

Last edited by Robingen; 05-19-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome Ian.

Congrats to everyone sticking out yet another week!

Hope, I've had hot tea with honey. Even had the tried and true egg drop soup. The only thing that worked was time. I'm just about over it but now my GF has it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.