Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to) >

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational starting 4/8/13: Jump Back on the Wagon (you know you want to)

Old 04-11-2013, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
You guys!!! Do not enable Mike!!! Where is the tough love he gives us?????? LOL. Mike, you know I just have to bust y'all's chops.
It is ALWAYS the fault of the chirrens. Damn kids. Almost as bad as a damn yank.

Originally Posted by carolynnq
Mike, I know you know it's not the fact that you had Chinese food, but the quantity. I feel for you though. Despite my well-laid plans to have a limited amount of foods like that, good intentions slip away.

epi - Good job this week - keep it up!

piwacket - I'll have to look at those books. Everything I've read about weight gain after menopause is demotivating! Regarding the time zone - if you go to User CP (at the left of the blue bar above), and then to "Edit Options" - you can choose your time zone.

Hope - today's the day to get your mediation in!

I wonder where Jezzie is.

1. Calories under 1300: 1118, 1299 (just slipped in under the wire!)
2. An hour extra movement a day: Y, Y,
3. No sugar, white flour: Y, N
4. Small bites and put fork down between bites.-Working on it and I'm remembering to do it more often.
Quantity is right. That part is my parents fault. They brainwashed, I mean, raised me into thinking I had to clear my plate because it wasn't okay to waste food. Oh, it's also the fault of that restaurant for putting sooo much food on my plate.

Boy, if Tori were here she'd have a tear in her eye. A tear of pride. She would be so proud of how well I'm doing with the blame game.

Originally Posted by Mern
Welcome to all our new members. So glad to have all of you here. I joined 2011 an have been messing around off the wagon, feeling sorry for myself and regaining weight, and am back.

I should be logging every bite of food I put in my mouth to keep track of my calories, carbs, fiber, sat fat, cholesterol intake, and protein. I know pretty much from experience what I can and cannot eat and hope that soon I can get back to logging because I need to log to assure longterm success.

I'm not back to exercising yet, but am doing better on my eating and water and am down a pound and a half since Monday.

I haven't had time to read the thread or log my food because I have other stuff going on and honestly, I just do not have the time to do all I should be doing. But things should get back to normal in a couple months and all will be well again and you all will probably get tired of my monopolizing the conversation here. LOL
Mern, myself and many other have been, or ARE there. Logging is great but after a while we all feel like we need a break because it can be such a PITA. Sooner or later we realize that without the PITA, we begin to slip back to our old habits... and body.

Originally Posted by dmartz
  • Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 936, 1218, 949
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100, 194, 105
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 1, 3
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 0, 55
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55, 69, 37
Good job so far Donna. How did you only manage 37g of protein, did you eat any meat?

Originally Posted by piwacket
Thanks Carol Lynn, I am now set for EST.
Where are you from? If that is your correct time zone then it should look right now.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Mern, myself and many other have been, or ARE there. Logging is great but after a while we all feel like we need a break because it can be such a PITA. Sooner or later we realize that without the PITA, we begin to slip back to our old habits... and body.
Believe me it's been recently crossing my mind. I have been logging everything everyday since mid December and I hear my mind saying "take a break from the logging you deserve it." Thanks for the wake up call.

Today is an "awwww" day, classes finished at the university and this frees up my schedule significantly. I still have to deal with exams but the scheduling is much easier now -I got to walk 3k today. Back to planning. Just enjoyed an awesome salad and some chicken. Not hungry and still cals to spare!

My back is definitely healing and so I really might register for that half marathon in mid May. My sis agreed to do it as well.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

I am from the Baltimore/Washington area. Below freezing last week; 90's this week. And I thought my dieting was a roller coaster.

Went out to lunch with my hubby today; really nice. Ordered a sensible meal which tasted blah so I barely ate anything. Made Chicken Kabobs tonight with rice. I don't usually eat rice but I had 1/2 cup. Calories low today due to lunch... a whopping 780. Need to beef up calcium.

My daughter came home very upset with her friends. She says they are all toothpicks and 6 of them have decided to diet. One of her friends is in the hospital for bulimia right now. My daughter is 108 lb. and 5'4" so she's not looking to diet. She has habits we all could envy. From birth she has eaten between 5 & 6 small meals a day. Her friends think she diets. I told her to make sure they all know that her last meal is before she goes to bed; usually black beans on a tortilla or a yogurt and fruit but always with skim milk. She hates whole and 2% milk, hates syrup on her pancakes, hates salad dressing on her salads with the exception of a blue cheese wedge salad. She has always been like this and I have never seen a reason to change her. It's her natural eating habit.

I try to take her example.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
But things should get back to normal in a couple months and all will be well again and you all will probably get tired of my monopolizing the conversation here. LOL
Never!!! We will never get tired of your wonderful contributions, Mern!!!
Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Piwacket, love your name...as in the kitty?

I sort of play tennis, too, but have been seriously sidelined after jacking up my wrist, elbow, and shoulder. I'm hoping to get back into it soon. I have a ton of relatives in the Bal/Wash area; from there myself but have been gone since '94 and still miss it. Welcome to the thread .

Sounds like everyone is rocking right along. Thank goodness it's almost Friday .

Mern, I agree with Hope. We will never get tired of your sharing (it sounds hokey to call it this, but it is the right word) wisdom! You are an invaluable part of our group and never boring!

Checking in two days:

1. Calories below 1300. 1247, 1125, 1087, 1350
2. Move more...up the exercise. Hit the weights for a little bit tonight, Yes-C25K
3. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes, Some
4. Sleep enough. Yes, Yes, Not even close, Yes
5. Stay on top of work; don't get behind. So far, so good, Yes, Yes, Like a boss

Today was crazy busy, so between the time I woke up and the time I got home (7:30), I had a total one cup of tea and one apple. Went out for pizza with the guys; of course my big pitfall is letting myself get too hungry during the day. I had two pieces but also had salad; those independent pizza places you never know, so I just tried to err on the side of caution when logging. Hey, at least it was whole wheat crust!
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thur

• Calories Avg. < 1400 /day: 936, 1218, 949, 1752
  • Cholesterol < 200mg: 100, 194, 105, 137
  • Vegetables > 3 / day: 2, 1, 3, 2
  • Workout > 150 min/wk: 60, 0, 55, 0
  • Protein > 50 g / day: 55, 69, 37, 50
No, not much meat. Salads. I love Salad. Lettuce with 2 oz of grilled chicken, or a couple ozs turkey and some local feta. + black olives, or strawberries. I can hardly wait for blueberry season. For now, I'm eating apples. With some local sorta cheddar. But I see more meat in my immediate future.

I usually don't eat a lot of cheese, but went to a local cheese store the other day, and well, I shouldn't have! And I haven't even opened the best (soft) stuff yet. I remember the sample, & I'm scared!

-- ~ --

I've found that after you've done it for a while, logging everything becomes second nature. It's the only thing that works. It's still amazing to me how those calories add up some times! (The other day I was blaming 'it' on the crackers!)

- D.

Last edited by dmartz; 04-12-2013 at 12:50 AM. Reason: P.S.: Doing taxes made me bereft of poems.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

Piwacket, my son's eating habits are similar to your daughter's. He doesn't eat syrup on pancakes, doesn't use dressing on salad (on the rare occasions when he eats salad), drinks copious amounts of water, no coffee (wait, this is MY son???) and can't stand soda (he's had maybe 3 in his life). It's just the way his taste buds and appetite developed. What may eventually catch up to him is quantity/portions. He can scarf down half a loaf of bread in one sitting . 100% whole wheat, of course.

Mern, I agree with the others. You are a wonderful part of this community.

"Like a boss", Cassie? Hehe love it!

Glad your back is feeling better, Robin!

With regard to logging, I agree, it's a necessary PITA. I can attest to what Mike said. My new mindset is, for everything I eat, I say to myself "You know this is going on the log, right?". Nag, nag, nag

As for me:

Goals for the week:
  • Log everything, no exceptions: yes, yes, yes, yes
  • At least 1500ml water per day: yes, yes, 2000ml, yes
  • Maintain 7-day calorie rolling average under 1550 (day/7-day average): 1466/1566, 1299/1556, 1064/1490, 1526/1489
  • Maintain 7-day sodium rolling average under 1500mg (day/7-day average): 1172/1245, 1521/1327, 483/1158, 532/1083
  • Study every day: yes, yes, yes, yes

Let's make it a great Friday, everyone! We can do this!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Thursday is busy day for me. Between grocery shopping, laundry, taking out garbage etc didn't have too much time to check in. I have been reading posts. My Mom has pain in her leg (sciatica nerve?? maybe) and she goes back to Dr on Mon. It means she can't do a whole lot.

Yesterday seemed to be CARB CITY for me. The only yes on my goals would be exercising for 30 mins. I have lost 2.5 lbs this week from eating more veggies and drinking more water. I'm sure a lot of it must have been water weight. Thankful to be back down 2lbs over my lowest weight!!

I hear ya Mike on Chinese food. For me it's the sodium content.
Jenn
Old 04-12-2013, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Epixi--good job on the goals this week!
Mern how are you doing this week?

Jenn
Old 04-12-2013, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
It is ALWAYS the fault of the chirrens. Damn kids. Almost as bad as a damn yank.

Boy, if Tori were here she'd have a tear in her eye. A tear of pride. She would be so proud of how well I'm doing with the blame game.
Hey I resembe that remark!!! I wish I was in NOLA (to the tune of "I wish I was in Dixie")

Since, Tori isn't here, I will do it: Nice blaming, Mike!!! Good blaming!!!! Stellar blaming!!! ( or in keeping with our NOLA theme should I say "Stella" blaming harhar)

Originally Posted by episode2011
Good morning, everyone! TGIF!

Piwacket, my son's eating habits are similar to your daughter's. He doesn't eat syrup on pancakes, doesn't use dressing on salad (on the rare occasions when he eats salad), drinks copious amounts of water, no coffee (wait, this is MY son???) and can't stand soda (he's had maybe 3 in his life). It's just the way his taste buds and appetite developed. What may eventually catch up to him is quantity/portions. He can scarf down half a loaf of bread in one sitting . 100% whole wheat, of course.

Mern, I agree with the others. You are a wonderful part of this community.

"Like a boss", Cassie? Hehe love it!

Glad your back is feeling better, Robin!

With regard to logging, I agree, it's a necessary PITA. I can attest to what Mike said. My new mindset is, for everything I eat, I say to myself "You know this is going on the log, right?". Nag, nag, nag
Your DD sounds like she has a great attitude and truly admirable habits. And epixi, teenage boys are frightening in the amounts they can eat. Piwacket (where DOES that name come from?) it is frightening when these girls think they need to diet and bulimia is no laughing matter. Balance is key and as all of us can attest, no easy matter to attain.

But here I am logging (grumble, grumble.)

Robin, so glad your back is better

BTW how do I fix my time?

Last edited by canary52; 04-12-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.