Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread 3/25/13

Old 03-25-2013, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default 7 Day Motivational Thread 3/25/13

Spring came last week but you wouldn't know it looking out the window I guess I will start us off this week

GOALS
1. 4 servings of fruits and veggies
2. 6 glasses of water
3. Eat within carb limit
4. Exercise 4X for 30 mins (even if it's 15 mins twice)

Personal goals
CLEAN HOUSE

I was talking to my Aunt at luncheon because she noticed that I scrapped icing off cake. I don't have sweets very often and I could hardly finish it I just lost the taste for it. My sister-in-law overheard and we were talking back at the house. Brother had eggs, sausage, potatoes and toast. She had eggs benedict. It was nice that she was actually proud that I lost 10lbs. My brother told her since I posted it on fb.

I have been overweight since I was a teenager. I'm doing this for myself not my family but it's nice to be encouraged.

Jenn
Old 03-25-2013, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Default being accountable

I posted this in the old thread but I figured I'd post it here so I can actually be accountable. I missed my goal.

I missed my 14 pound goal in 14 days. I lost 13.4. I'm still waaaaay off from where I once was but I'm going back in the right direction.

In case anything thinks I was pushing out my gut in the before pics. This was me a few weeks ago.

Today's my cheat day. I didn't have what I had planned so it'll be much lighter than expected.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 03-25-2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: fixed for clickable thumbnails
Old 03-25-2013, 02:59 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Jenn for getting us started!

First off, I'm going to need a list of names of who's in this week. I plan on kicking ass this week. As the old saying goes "kick ass and take names" haha.

Monday 3/11/13 - 197.4
Monday 3/18/13 - 188.8

Stating this Monday at 184.0
1) Lose 3 pounds
2) 100+ ounces of water per day
3) post daily
4) take all vitamins daily
Old 03-25-2013, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
First off, I'm going to need a list of names of who's in this week. I plan on kicking ass this week. As the old saying goes "kick ass and take names"
Me.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Me.
got it. Happy 4000th post!
Old 03-25-2013, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
got it. Happy 4000th post!
Thanks! I did not notice . CONGRATS on your kick-ass two-week loss! Whether you hit that arbitrary number or not, still very impressive

Okay, so goals. I had a major upheaval regarding work that began Friday night. The initial panic is resolved, but things are going to change. I have done a good job setting boundaries in light of changes, now my goals need to reflect that I can continue to make myself a priority. I've had two weeks of good eating back under the belt, so it's time to keep swimming and add the other good habits back in...

1. Keep calories below 1300. 1200 is better, but often backfires in the evening.
2. Make the time to get some exercise. Being busy is NOT an excuse. 6 days of workouts this week.
3. Take vitamins and supplements.
4. Stay on top of work; falling behind makes it hard to catch up.
5. Sleep. Enough.

That's a start.

Jenn, thanks for getting us going today. I'm glad you got some well-deserved positive strokes for your progress .
Old 03-25-2013, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Cassie. I think 172-175 is "my" weight. I held it for the longest time and felt great at it. Even though according to the BMI scale, my short ass will still be over weight, I'll be okay with that. So you want to make yourself a priority? You should have 1 goal for you to do something just for you... besides dieting.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Goals this week:
At least 6 cups of water per day
Stay under 1300 calories per day, 1200 preferable
Try to get some walking in - back is finally feeling better!
Skipping physio on the shoulder this week - he killed it last week

Have a great week all!
Old 03-25-2013, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Mike, you did fantastic with your loss! You are so on track. I'm sure you will get to your "ideal" weight really quickly I'm in.

Jenn, it's great to get encouragement from your family, take all the strokes you can get! You deserve it you are working really hard.

Cassie, you did pick something just for you, sleep! yes woman you need to sleep. We share the struggle of being "too busy" all the time for self care. I have all this crazy scheduling stuff going on and it's not easy to get out of stuff once you have committed.

My goal this week is to learn to take time for me! (This will be a process).

Well, I just came from a "luncheon" at the Lieutenant Governor's house, a very last minute invite because I was getting an award. I ate 2 quarters of chicken salad sandwhich. Had to eat something. I don't know if there was dessert I didn't look
Old 03-25-2013, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Mike congrats on the weight loss! Awesome before and after photos.
Cassie I hope you can get enough sleep this week. I know I had trouble putting myself first but finally learning to do it.

Good goals everyone!
Jenn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.