FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7-Day Motivational Thread for 2/11/13 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/9124-7-day-motivational-thread-2-11-13-a.html)

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 95556)
Hi everyone,

Sorry I had to go out of town unexpectedly last week. I'm back. Glad to be here.

Goals:
Water 64 oz per day minimum:
Walk 4 x: M,
Slower eating, stop wolfing down my food:M,

Love those Clydesdale pictures. Thank you. They are majestic. I love them and also Draft horses. I have a picture of a draft horse around here somewhere, I will try to find it and post it.

Yeah, post it up, never heard of them.

cjohnson728 02-12-2013 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 95553)
Jenn-I think we've all had that day where our best intentions go to pot.

Would that be literally or figuratively?

ToriD1012 02-12-2013 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 95558)
Would that be literally or figuratively?

I'll never tell :p

ToriD1012 02-12-2013 02:59 AM

then started cooking all the stuff he likes....none of which is healthy. I indulged him, and found myself indulging too

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 95554)
Class is in session, if you've signed up for Blame Game 101, please grab a seat and take notes.

That was not me blaming him. Clearly is stays that I started cooking the things he likes. Had I been blaming him I would have said something like "he asked me to cook, blah blah blah." But no. I said I.

SSBAJA!! JA!!

wildbeanerz 02-12-2013 03:01 AM

If all your intentions go to pot....no wonder you are having trouble eating properly. :p Just sayin'

ToriD1012 02-12-2013 03:23 AM

Guess who got a King Cake today!!!http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...1F9939FCDE.jpgI apologize for the size. I did this from my phone. There's no telling how big it actually is on a computer :)

ToriD1012 02-12-2013 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by wildbeanerz (Post 95562)
If all your intentions go to pot....no wonder you are having trouble eating properly. :p Just sayin'

well...I had to cope during the spring and summer. And, well, it kinda spiraled from there

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 03:38 AM

Enjoy it sis. I made sure to order the low cal one, just for you. ;)

It's a shame when your desert weighs more than some newborn babies. Haha

Damn I should put to do a RAK this week. Maybe I'd have something to cross off my list. JK

Well I think I'm about to load up the chirrens and head out to NOLA to party like rock stars with Hope and her hubby. I just checked the weather and it says "You will get a wet ass today!"

Happy Mardi Gras y'all.

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 03:41 AM

How about this???? The first of the weekend warriors that makes it through this weekend gets a fresh king cake delivered to your door next Mardi Gras!!!!!! So that means post an update early on Sat and make it through. If you are second and the loser before you flakes out... Then you get it. Either way, someone will get one.

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 03:54 AM

Should I make it that the winner must still be active on the forums come next Mardi Gras.

cjohnson728 02-12-2013 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 95564)
There's no telling how big it actually is on a computer :)

That's what they all say....

ToriD1012 02-12-2013 04:17 AM

Wow Cassie....I'm not sure I know how to respond to that. :eek: It was definitely not the reply I would have expected from you. From Mike.....maybe :D

wildbeanerz 02-12-2013 04:45 AM

Bahahaha!!! Good one Cassie!

Mern 02-12-2013 06:15 AM

Geez, who's got a big what????? Granny leaves the room and the kiddos act up! :p

Welcome back April and Frenchhen. :)

I'm on track today except for water, which I have time to make up. Will exercise to the best of my ability later.

cjohnson728 02-12-2013 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 95575)
Geez, who's got a big what????? Granny leaves the room and the kiddos act up!

Says the woman with a whip hidden in the back of her closet...

wildbeanerz 02-12-2013 07:40 AM

Walked 3/4 of a mile on lunch today in the freakin' cold! It's like 34 degrees and windy out there. Good thing the sun was shining.

This whole things look bigger on the computer reminds me of a story my friend told me once about her hubby. It's a bit naughty so in white for those who don't want to read it. She thought he was cheating on her so she started checking his online habits and sure enough he was chatting and sharing webcam pics with a woman online. Anyway....the woman kept writing comments about how large it was and what she said next to me on the phone about killed me. She said, He must have held the camera right up to it because if she saw it for real she wouldn't say that! LOL!!! Oh and they have since worked through all that and are still together. :rolleyes:

Sorry for that I just had to share!

Mern 02-12-2013 09:11 AM

Cassie, OK, maybe I'm not worthy to cast the first stone. :p :D

April, I'm surprised she took him back, but glad they were able to work through it. :) Kudos on your walk in the cold. I'm in southern Ohio and we're having darned near spring temps today.

I don't know what's going on--don't know if it's my crazy computer or my crazy mind. I've had two posts that I was sure I submitted that aren't appearing on the thread. I retyped and resubmitted the first one, and second time around it's still not there--like it's getting lost in cyberspace or something. Come to think of it, I had one last night I was sure I submitted that I don't see now. And I swear I haven't been drinking. LOL

Robingen 02-12-2013 11:49 AM

Tuesday was fine. Staying with my kids again and traveling back and forth to work is still complicated but I am somehow managing to keep my calories in line, having appropriate food at work and at kids' home. Walked again today, not so far this time, it was better. Tracked my water and was 48 ounces so I am drinking less than usual - still having green tea though. Thanks to all who offered quinoa recipes - hopefully I will get to try one on the weekend. As last week, no scales here.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by cjohnson728 (Post 95578)
Says the woman with a whip hidden in the back of her closet...

Oh God, is the new GGW video out yet? Grannies Gone Wild.

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 12:14 PM

Mern, southern Ohio??? That's like an oxymoron to me.

April, congrats. One step at a time. You got this, you know what to do!

Robin, congrats so far... now lets get back on the water.

Ladies, I can safely report that Hope survived Mardi Gras... unless out of curiosity she ventures out to Bourbon Street tonight. :eek: I took a couple chirrens out there (my GF middle DD and her friend) and met up with Hope and her DH. Hope, please tell him that I didn't just call him a DH! We all had a great time. The weather held off for a while but we did get a few sprinkles towards the end. Now I'm going to see if I can get my GF to go with me this week to meet up with them... they offered to cook again. If not, I may just have to go alone because you know this fat boy can't pass up a good meal! Hell to the no!

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 12:29 PM

1) water, a gallon a day nope
2) eat better (that's not saying much) nope (except for what Hope fed me
3) take all vitamins totally forgot
4) walk 7 miles (at one time) not yet
5) make it out to NOLA to meet up with Hope and her DH yes I did, w00t w00t I get to use my green font
6) take the new gun out shooting (Tori, that means I'm gonna bus a cap in some targets) not yet

Damn, I just realized that this update (for Monday) is actually for Sunday. My days are mixed up. I'm on my phone, I'll have to correct it later.

frenchhen3 02-12-2013 01:26 PM

Goals:
Water 64 oz per day minimum:T
Walk 4 x: M,T
Slower eating, stop wolfing down my food:M,T

Went to the highway today to salute Chris Kyle. May he rest in peace. God Bless Him and America.

This is from Wikipedia and it shows a draft horse and a "regular horse" I can't find the photo I was looking for in my images.http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...JeffHorses.jpg

dmartz 02-12-2013 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mern (Post 95583)
I don't know what's going on--don't know if it's my crazy computer or my crazy mind. I've had two posts that I was sure I submitted that aren't appearing on the thread. I retyped and resubmitted the first one, and second time around it's still not there--like it's getting lost in cyberspace or something. Come to think of it, I had one last night I was sure I submitted that I don't see now. And I swear I haven't been drinking. LOL

Mern: What browser do you use? I often submit replies and don't get a response, which I assume is because of a timing issue with the pages. So I use the back button on the browser, and the entry is still visible in the entry box. Then I hit 'Submit Reply' again. This has never failed to post the entry, and I've never seen them be posted twice. So you might try that and see if it works for you. I can tell when there may be an issue, because the page does not come up in a 'appropriate' amount of time after I hit submit. It usually occurs when it takes me a long time to type in a post. (Sometimes I get distracted.) ;) This trick may not work on all browsers.

Robin: I hope your eyesight is doing better now. Hasn't it been about two weeks since you started experiencing problems?

Tori: No need apologize to me! I didn't think I had been missing, so I wasn't feeling snubbed. But I do have to wonder: If Mike were your friend, wouldn't he be sending you organic broccoli instead of a King Cake?

- Donna

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 95591)
Went to the highway today to salute Chris Kyle. May he rest in peace. God Bless Him and America.

Glad to hear you could show up to pay your respects.

Originally Posted by dmartz (Post 95592)
If Mike were your friend, wouldn't he be sending you organic broccoli instead of a King Cake?

- Donna

if I fatten her up, I may beat her to 170. ;)

cjohnson728 02-12-2013 03:28 PM

1. 1300 calories max daily. 1258, 1244
2. Exercise 5 times this week. One, Two
3. Log everything. Yes, Yes
4. Eat clean; no trigger foods. Yes, Yes
5. 64 oz. fluids daily. Yes, Yes
6. Take vitamins and supplements. Yes, Yes

frenchhen3 02-12-2013 03:41 PM

Mike: When are you going to take that new toy out to shoot? Gotta break those babies in you know?

01gt4.6 02-12-2013 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by frenchhen3 (Post 95596)
Mike: When are you going to take that new toy out to shoot? Gotta break those babies in you know?

I hope within the next couple days. I'm hoping I don't have to adjust it much to get it zeroed in. I shall see though.

dar n 02-12-2013 04:51 PM

Goals
Think before I eat, why, what and when.M=N, T=Y
Choose clean real foods.M=N, T=N
Get walking again.M=Y, T=N

dar n 02-12-2013 04:52 PM

April Thanks for the reply I will try to post everyday also :D

jjrudd 02-12-2013 11:54 PM

Goals for the week.
1. Eat 4 fruits and veggies. Mon and Tues 3
2. Drink 6 glasses of water probably 5 Tues YES
3. LOG Mon no Tues yes
4. Eat within carb/protein no, closer

Personal goals
1. vacuum bedroom and dust! YES!!
2. de-clutter some
3. don't get discouraged with number on scale (ehh working on it!)

Wow, Cassie good start to the week!
Sounds like Mike and Hope are having fun...how could they not?

Jenn

Mern 02-13-2013 12:39 AM

Mike, LOL--I'm a midwest Yankee through and through, but am only 8 miles from the Kentucky border. But as far as the "southern Ohio" oxymoron goes, we do have a lot of dumb ox morons here--and they ARE the opposite of the definition of Ohioans. :p

Donna, thanks for your reply. I use Google Chrome. If I compose a post in the reply box and hit SUBMIT I most often run into the timing issue, hit the BACK button on my browser and find the post still there, hit SUBMIT again and it then goes through. When I compose my post on NotePad, then cut and paste it to the reply box, it almost always goes through the first time I hit SUBMIT. I have gotten a few pop-ups regarding a possible hacker on my server redirecting desktop links I click, so it could be a server issue. (I've resolved those issues by changing my links to take a different route to the web page I want.) But thinking it over, I have been fighting the clock lately with not enough hours in the day to do all I want to do, so it's also possible that for the three posts I submitted that didn't get posted, it could be I simply didn't follow through to be sure they appeared on our thread to begin with.

dmartz 02-13-2013 01:21 AM

Tues.

• Workout > 30 mins x 4: Y
  • Cholesterol < 250mg: 203, 122
  • Protein > 50 g: 52, 55
  • Sugar < (??? g): ~, N
  • Vegetables > 3 /day: Y, Y
  • Calories < 1750: 1283, 1259
Mern: Glad we can up with essentially the same work-around.

Cassie / Mike: Can you let support know there may now be an issue with the 'datepick,' since the Date and day forward / back selection links are not displaying on the Dashboard or Log pages using Firefox.

- Donna

jjrudd 02-13-2013 01:21 AM

Mern, how has your week been so far, hitting goals.

canary52 02-13-2013 01:30 AM

Originally Posted by Robingen (Post 95523)
Jezzie I bought some quinoa at the behest of my "eating clean" neighbour. I have no idea what to do with it. lol. I am not very adventurous when it comes to cooking.

Robin, rinse the quinoa really well in a thin mesh strainer. One of the best ways to make it is using fresh carrot juice and cumin. It makes it so tasty. Not sure of the liquid to grain ratio but that you can look up. Enjoy! I haven't cooked it in years (I'm more low carb) but it is now the "new supergrain." I actually have soon and when I get home, maybe I'll try it again....

wildbeanerz 02-13-2013 01:31 AM

Did great all day yesterday again. Then had pizza for dinner followed by ice cream and two more slices of pizza. Kinda not a good end to a good day.

Bought a 8 lb kettlebell last night on clearance at walmart for $6. A girl can't pass up something on clearance right? So I did a workout this morning with it. It was the shortest one I could find on the fitnessblender channel on YT that I just love. It was about 14 mins long but I wasn't sure if I was going to get sore from it. So far so good. Will attempt some walking on lunch again but it is really cold and supposed to snow today. May have to settle for reading fitness magazine on lunch. Think I will do one of the longer half hour type videos tonight and see how that feels if I get some laundry done first.

Next 2-3 days are going to be hard food-wise at work. The test kitchen is in full swing with cuttings (taste tests) for an amusement park and our local baseball stadium. So you know what kinds of foods that means will be leftover and free for the taking in the break room all afternoon. Ugh! And I sit just around the wall (my back is to the wall that separates me from the kitchen when at my desk) so I get to smell what they're cooking ALL...DAY...LONG!!!

Mern 02-13-2013 01:33 AM

Jenn, thanks for your interest. My week so far hasn't been too great. I sort of had a pity party (well, ok, not "sort of"--I DID) over my five days of back pain and fell off the wagon two nights in a row after being good all day. I didn't log my evening carb binges. My back is almost totally better now, so I'm going to resume my regular exercise today--I'm sure it will be no problem. I'm going to restart my 21 day mindset makeover today. Looks like you're doing better than I. Congrats on your successes this week. :)

canary52 02-13-2013 02:08 AM

APRIL, WELCOME BACK!!!! So glad to see you here!!! Mike told me you were back but I wasn't on FD cause we were too busy with Party Gras!!!! Funny story about your friends and the ummm objects on the phone may appear bigger than in person... Mike can tell you my DH (cute that Mike called him that) is a BIG FLIRT but if he did something like that, he'd be parking his junk elsewhere. I mean his things, his umm stuff, uhh nevermind....
Good job withtht kettleball!!! I don't think I could even lift an 8 pound kettle balla t this point. Funny about the bargain...DD says I'd buy stuff I don't even like if it's on sale (kinda true.) What do you do for work again? You prolly said.

Hey Frenchhen, cute pix of horses.

Cassie, please treat yourself like the goddess you are.

Mern, I hope your back is OK.

Hey, Donna, Jenn, Jezzie. Where y'at? Mike, did I get that right? If I missed anyone, big hugs to ya.

Tori, cream cheese, cinnamon and Mississippi Mud, you sure he didn't also put a piece of fried chicken on it? I would say your Bubba is trying to sabotage your diet like he did to me with those chips (yeah twist my arm.) Those "chirrens" (did I get it right, Mike?) he brought to the parade were great, so well behaved and so much fun. His stepdaughter actually gave me a glass bead necklace she caugt that she said was like the original Mardi Gras beads they used to throw. A gift and a history lesson!!!

As for me, I have a fried chicken hangover. Yes I am not proud. After you left, Mike, DH and I limped home, had a fabulous HEALTHY dinner DH cooked (chicken and zucchini.) All was good until DH said "Let's go out." Nothing that much doing on Royal, Boubon was a ZOO, we ended up in a bar on Decatur. I had my usual one drink - we met a young couple who were very nice but getting HAMMERED. Since I am NOT a big drinker, I figured I need to soak up this liquor with some food and what better way to do it than fried chicken at 11 pm? Yeah, not a good example, I. Should I mention the jambalaya and chocolate too? Hmmm, yeah. I may not quite be going to hell with myself but let's just say I am going to N'awlins with myself and leave it at that.

On a GREAT note, DD and I had a fabulous talk. She was mad at me so would answer texts and FB messages but would NOT talk on the phone with me cause of something stupid I said in my effort to "help her" re her eating habits. Anyway, if you will allow a little proud momma braggin, she published her second article in the school paper, is editing an interview for her third, and is getting a poem published in a literary journal. Plus she got a callback for a drama production. And she's a freshman. Mike, what is the singular for chirrun? Cause whatever it is, I got me a good 'un.

OK that's about it except I must hunt for a scale down here. Maybe that will cure those fried chicken cravings. I could eat that right now for breakfast.

sophierich77 02-13-2013 02:11 AM

Hey people!
Here are my goals this week:
1. gain 3 pounds
2. eat 2 packages of Oreos this week
3. watch 10 movies to keep me on the couch!
Would love support :) Thanks!

wildbeanerz 02-13-2013 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by sophierich77 (Post 95615)
Hey people!
Here are my goals this week:
1. gain 3 pounds
2. eat 2 packages of Oreos this week
3. watch 10 movies to keep me on the couch!
Would love support :) Thanks!

Hey that sounds like my plan last week!!! Go you! :rolleyes:

Hope...It sounds like you are having an awesome time. I am so happy to hear about your daughter. She sounds like she is finding her place in this world and it's a good place to be. You have to be so proud of her right now!

canary52 02-13-2013 02:22 AM

Goals:
1) HAVE FUN - YES, YES!!!!
2) plan meals; yes and are you kidding me? It was Mardi Gras, nuff said. That last post was like War and Piece of Chicken 3) stay even remotely near plan, especially lunch and breakfast- yes and there was no plan but I was OK until those chips (Blame Mike 101)4) stretch EVERY DAY (you should too, Mr Mike) yes, yes
5) get back to meditation -yes and um I contempalted King Cake
6) water is the new beer, drink more= N, N
7) Have fun (however will I do that in NOLA?) Notice that is TWO of my goals!!!! I'm taking this seriously. See #1
8) Find a scale (do I even WANT to know?) N, N, I do want to know I think