Notices

7-Day Motivational Thread for 1/28/13

Old 01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by canary52
planning must be working because I hit 130, lowest I've been in years. Will I break 130?
Enhorabuena por la nueva baja!!! Espero que todo esté bien con su objetivo número ocho!
Old 01-30-2013, 03:54 PM
FitDay Member

Mern Thanks for the prayers for sleep. Your pre-planning of meals is so great I am going to take an example from you and enter tomorrows food tonight hopefully that will help me stay on track. I did pack my lunch already and a healthy snack for the ride between work and my meeting tomorrow night.

Krystal and Robin sorry to hear you are not feeling great get well soon.

Hope Mri? You probably shared why and I am out of touch and way behind on posts sorry, I hope it goes ok. Woohoo on 130 that’s awesome!!!

Cassie and Donna thanks for sharing your breakfast ideas I did go back to read them!

Cassie Tornado sirens really?? That’s scary I hope you are ok.

Mike Your bike is very nice is it a new one? I know you really wanted to buy a new one last year when I went a-wall. Good job on the 2lbs lost.

Have a great night everyone.

Goals:
Walk Twice: M=N, T=N, W=N
Calories less than 1500: M=1098, T=1307, W=1315
Calorie deficit of 5000 for week: M= -976, T= -767, W= -778
No sugar: M=Y, T=(hmm had a bran muffin so probably=N), W=Y
Old 01-30-2013, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks and welcome back Darlene. She's pretty new, I got it last March. What kind were you looking for?

I had a similar picture, slightly different angle. I edited it to have a grungy feel with the colors. I think I like this one more.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:02 PM
FitDay Member

Cassie! Are you and your loved ones and property all OK following the tornado sirens going off?

I'll catch up with the rest of you later.

Wednesday Report:
Day 3 of 21 Day Mindset Makeover

The past two days I didn't make my fiber goal, which is usually no problem at all. When I thought back I remember that whereas my last snack of the day had been or included a 6g fiber low carb protein shake, the past two nights I had 4 oz. chicken breast which is still great protein for but 0g fiber. So all I need to do is to be sure to get in all my fiber before my last snack. Easy peasy!

Wednesday Report
Day 3 of 21 Day Mindset Makeover

Giving myself a BIDIA (But I Did It Anyway) award because I gave up (after I had already cooked it) my mashed cauliflower and cheese I had planned with last night's dinner in favor of low carb black soybeans when I saw the broc and cauli would put me over my carb limit for the day.

Calorie range 1200-1800 1404, 1212, 1223
Follow 21 Day Mindset Makeover guidelines for meal and snack content and spacing, calories, fat, etc. with my health management tweaks. B+, YES, YES
Saturated fat 10% or less of total calories 14%, 7%, 10%
Cholesterol 250mg or less 155mg, 140mg, 202mg
Protein minimum 100g (plan is has unlimited protein) 110g, 115g, 124g
Net carb limit average 25g (total carbs less fiber) 27g, [COLOR="green"]25g, 24g /COLOR]
Dietary fiber minimum 25g 40g, 21g, 23g
Water 64 oz. YES, YES, YES
Exercise 5 days ONE. DAY OFF, TWO

Thursday's planned and pre-logged menu:

Breakfast: mashed broccoli and cauliflower with cheese (unconventional but I want it because I couldn't have it for dinner last night) scrambled zero cholesterol shell egg substitute (like Egg Beaters but I use the less expensive store brands)

Snack: preservative free salami and spinach rollup with Dijon mustard

Lunch: peanut butter on cucumber slices, black soybeans

Snack: low carb protein shake

Dinner: leftover lean pork roast, black soybeans again (but it's OK--I love them and they're very low carb) broccoli slaw with ranch dressing

Snacks: stewed chicken breast, another low carb protein shake

Last edited by Mern; 01-30-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:13 AM
FitDay Member

Wow, kudos to our group! The majority of us are having really good daily report this week! Everybody keep up the good work! Big hugs of encouragement to anyone who is struggling.

I hope everyone is safe from the windy weather in the US. We've had a lot of high winds where I live, but no damage. It was so noisy from the wind knocking things around Tuesday night that I hardly got any sleep. Went to bed at 9PM last night--VERY early for me--still windy but not as noisy so I got a good night's sleep.

Hope how'd your doc appointment go? MRI read yet? Really great Tuesday and Wednesday reports! My heartfelt best wishes on your goal number 8. OMG, 130! Kudos on that! New "decade" of weight, here she comes!!! Best wishes on your "land mines." I need to buy more fresh kale. Great minds think alike--I'm having salami and spinach rollups today. Ooh, I made healthy lemon mini tarts once out of low carb tortilla wraps I baked in a mini muffin tin and then filled with low fat lemon yogurt. Thanks for the inspiration--I have the wraps AND lemon yogurt in the fridge. I'll enjoy that tomorrow. That's what I love about the menu sharing--keeps many of us from getting in a food rut.

Joanna, STELLAR Tuesday report! I hope you were able to enjoy the extra time afforded by the missed class yesterday. Will it be easy to catch up?

Donna, well done on your Tuesday report! I think some people might be a little intimidated to open a new thread so do their meandering on other threads. I hope the sugar tally will be implimented soon as there are a lot of people who want it. When is your colonoscopy?

Ama, nice Tuesday report! Did you get in your walk with DS and the hound? I love that you put "Water all day!" in your Wednesday plan. That's a good example for many of us who fall short on the water goal. Question: what ingredients did you use for your homemade sauce for the rigatoni? I have a blend of Italian seasoning that I keep made up and often just add a bunch of it to canned tomato sauce for a quick sauce. That's great that your DH is supportive and helpful in your way of food and fitness as well.

Mike, LOL on your "regular members" comment. I hope your 2 lb. loss sticks. Kudos on your report this week! The bike pic is really great.

Darlene, how are you feeling? I hope you did get a good night's sleep. I'm not always good on pre-logging my planned menus but I'm learning what a valuable tool it is. I was just lucky that I thought to do it right before dinner yesterday and was reminded that I erred in my planning--I can't eat low carb pasta and mashed cauliflower with cheese on the same day or it puts me over in carbs. I'm going to take a tip from you and try to pre-log the day before and if not, then no later than after breakfast (since I don't work outside the home.)

Last edited by Mern; 01-31-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you, Mern, we made out okay; very heavy rain, high winds, but no trees down or tornadoes in our county. Sadly some others NW of us were not so fortunate.

Need to head to work now but I will be back to chat later this afternoon. It was a crazy week but I'm looking forward to some needed time with my FD peeps .
Old 01-31-2013, 12:43 AM
FitDay Member

Cassie, thanks for sharing the good news about your safety from the high winds. Prayers going up for those who were not so fortunate. Looking forward to your work load being lightened so you can spend more time with us, too.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hey guys! My report for yesterday was not so great. My blood sugar decided to hop on a roller coaster, which makes it difficult to stick to calorie goals. I also have a tendency to over treat lows if I have them in quick succession - just get so hungry! Anyway, all that to say that yesterday was not awesome for calories.

1.) Drink 64 oz water/day: M - Y, T - Y, W - N
2.) Some form of workout 6 days: M - Y, T - Y, W - Y (although had to cut short due to low blood sugar )
3.) Under 1400 calories/day: M - N, T - Y, W - N
4.) Finish ASTRO 534 HW by Wed PM: Done
5.) Finish PHYS 479 HW by Fri: Mostly done
Old 01-31-2013, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Enhorabuena por la nueva baja!!! Espero que todo esté bien con su objetivo número ocho!
Muchos gracias!!! Intento al maximo. Enhorabuena por las dos libras.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:11 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! It turns out it is just a sprain yay! So staying off it for a little while longer, but it already is feeling much better than it did on Monday. Not walking on it does wonders!

I also got the job!! I'll be moving to Denver in the next month, so I'm excited for that! (Also realllly scared and nervous, haha) At least I'll have a workout buddy now!

Robin - hope you feel better soon!

And was it Cassie that said tornado sirens?? Eek! I couldn't imagine hearing that!

I'll update my goals tonight with yesterday and today. I don't think I kept calories under 1700 (kinda had some birthday cake...), but I think it will have been close! I'm down some from yesterday, but still up a pound from Monday. Fluctuation is such a drag sometimes! Anyway... back to homework for now! All the best to everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.