Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now! >

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Notices

Motivation and Accountability - Feb. 8 - 14th - Don't stop now!

Old 02-09-2016, 06:57 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by canary52
1) clean eating: yes until night
2) plan meals: yes
3) walk when I can: I walked when I barely could
4) keep track of my water: yup and fulfilled my goal
5) don't beat myself up for needing rest: Y couldn't help it

Epi, I loved the line: see? I do use my hand weights

and Mike I like how you said your scale lied to your face.

When I change my diet, it messes up my tummy so I did have some pretzels (pretzels or crackers usually help even tho I am trying to keep away from that stuff.) I was hit by a big fibro flare. I could barely sit up or walk but I did shuffle around my new neighborhood a bit. I must have looked like I was imitating Tim Conway (if any of you know who he is/was.) I had to skip a meeting I wanted to attend last night because I couldn't drive and couldn't convince DH to come, migrating birds apparently are not a great incentive to him.
Oh Hope, I'm so sorry you're suffering through another flare. Although absolutely nothing like you experience, I've been dealing with a lot of pain, off and on, from chronic inflammation issues and spinal arthritis for about 13 years. Over Christmas, I could barely move and needed a lot of help. I was taking Celebrex until it seriously messed with my heart and BP over Christmas. I went off of it, cold turkey on Christmas day, and braced for the worst. To my astonishment, I started to feel much better. I was totally stunned. My heart rate and BP returned to normal, as well, within days. After Christmas, I met with my DCM (...who is also my husband's best friend) and with his guidance, I started a barrage of natural, non-prescription anti-inflammatories. Additionally, a friend, now in her 70's, told me that when she was in her fifties, she was diagnosed with RA, Fibromyalgia, and several other things, to the point where she had to quit her position as a college professor. I had some guidance from her with Super Antioxidants that helped her immensely to get back on her feet.

I have absolutely no idea what is working, but 6 weeks later, I feel better than I have felt in probably 10 years. Now, the trick is going to be figuring out exactly what is helping. I don't know if I should keep taking everything, or start to eliminate things, one by one. When you have pain to the point of giving up, it's my first inclination to keep taking it all. I don't want to go back to where I was over the holidays.

I do force myself to walk every day to combat the spinal arthritis. Without that, I would be in big trouble.

Doctors were useless to me. All they wanted to do was prescribe pain meds and prescription anti-inflammatories, which came close to giving me a heart attack. I'm sure you've tried it all, but don't give up. I'm convinced that MD's are clueless regarding unexplained, chronic inflammation. There are answers out there, and it's like finding a needle in a haystack to find which ones will work for you. But, there are answers. I've never been more convinced of that.

((Hugs)), my friend. I'm pulling for you. =)
Old 02-09-2016, 06:58 AM
FitDay Member

I had to go across town this morning for about a 40 minute drive each way, and waited for about 45 minutes at my destination. On my way out the door this morning I thought to myself, "It's going to be a long drive. I'm going to go through McDs and get a soda for the ride." But I didn't!!! Then on the way home I thought to myself, "If I made it out here without a soda, then I can make it home without one." And I did!!! I came home and immediately made an atkins shake with milk, and I know it's making me happier than a soda would have. With this I get chocolate and no guilt!

Great start to my day!
Old 02-09-2016, 07:12 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I had to go across town this morning for about a 40 minute drive each way, and waited for about 45 minutes at my destination. On my way out the door this morning I thought to myself, "It's going to be a long drive. I'm going to go through McDs and get a soda for the ride." But I didn't!!! Then on the way home I thought to myself, "If I made it out here without a soda, then I can make it home without one." And I did!!! I came home and immediately made an atkins shake with milk, and I know it's making me happier than a soda would have. With this I get chocolate and no guilt!

Great start to my day!
Congratulations! That's definitely a big win! I wasn't as disciplined today, I'm afraid. I just downed a 32 oz. diet Coke from McDonald's. Oh well. At least my plant is getting watered! lol

I laughed at your comment about keeping a plant alive. I have a totally black thumb, when it comes to plants. A virtual plant is all I should ever be trusted with!
Old 02-09-2016, 08:01 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa: Way. To. Go!!!!! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Proud of ya!

Quinn: Wait, Diet Coke is a no no? Uh oh... I allow myself a 12-oz bottle 3-4 times a week (only after I've done my tea/water fluids for the day). Oh well...
Old 02-09-2016, 08:56 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by episode2011
Lisa: Way. To. Go!!!!! You are stronger than you give yourself credit for. Proud of ya!

Quinn: Wait, Diet Coke is a no no? Uh oh... I allow myself a 12-oz bottle 3-4 times a week (only after I've done my tea/water fluids for the day). Oh well...
Haha! On my goals, I list one diet Coke per day... I didn't say what size, like McD's half-bucket size! Having 32 oz. of diet Coke in me definitely made me walk faster today, though! lol
Old 02-09-2016, 12:36 PM
FitDay Member

Weekly Goals and Accountability
80 oz. minimum water daily: M - y, Tu - y
max. 1400 calories per day: M - n, Tu - n Hmmm....I really should have kept my goal at 1500 cals!
take vitamins daily: M - y, Tu - y
full body workout (Tu, Th & Sa): Tu - y
core workout (M, W & F): M - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, F & Su):M - y, Tu - y
Old 02-09-2016, 01:07 PM
FitDay Member

quinn, I drink diet soda continuously. My current favorite kind is Fresca. I know the chemicals in it aren't good for me, but it's way better than all the sugar in regular soda imo. I really hate water, and nothing can get me to drink it. I was using an infuzer bottle for a while, which worked in the short term but not long term. I just can't bring myself to drink it. I don't like tea either. My husband has a very giant insulated cup glued to his hand for his tea. He goes through 2 12-c pots a day!

I'm 350 calories over my target for the day. It's only 7pm and the only thing left on my menu for the day is another atkins shake and milk. I logged everything, and I feel I must be honest and admit I had a 290 calorie cheeseburger. I was doing so good, though, and 1 little thing just throws my day in the dumper.

Also, I had 1.5 servings of dinner instead of just 1. This is where I'm hoping the glucomannan capsules I ordered will help me. I had 1.5 servings and really could have gone in for more, but I stopped myself with still feeling hungry. I'm also not good at bulking things up with vegetables. We have them sometimes, and my family really likes them a lot...I just don't buy them all the time. Kind of expensive for fresh veggies and it's almost like an indulgence to buy them.

I had a very long day in the car playing taxi for the kids after my trip across town this morning. I'm exhausted. I think I'm going to call it an early night. That will keep me from eating the pantry, too!
Old 02-10-2016, 01:43 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning, friends!

It is so cold here this week! We're dipping below zero at night, and only in the teens during the day. For those of you in the south, this is how it goes for us during the winter...

Phase One, November/December: Look at the snow! It's so beautiful!!

Phase Two, Christmas: It just wouldn't be Christmas without snow!! It's a winter wonderland!

Phase Three, January: Another 3' of snow?? You've got to be kidding. I don't feel like going out in the dark to snow blow for an hour, just to get my car out of the garage to get to work!

Phase Four, February/March: There's a -25 windchill, my car won't start and my snow blower died. I can't walk out my patio door because there's 3' of snow on it and I haven't seen my backyard since November. (Stabs self squarely in eye with fork...)

The 'Cabin Fever' stage has most definitely set in around here. Everyone is crabby, pasty white and permanently chilled and/or sick with a variety of respiratory infections. To go walking yesterday, I had to go out in 6 degree weather with 40 mph wind gusts, freeze my butt off to drive 5 miles to the mall and walk across a deserted parking lot, being knocked sideways by the wind. THEN, I had to walk. I so miss the days of walking out my back door onto a beautiful wooded path enjoying nature, in normal temperatures!

Looking back on yesterday...

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 5

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 0, one massive bucket of Diet Coke
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y
4. Drink two cups of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. Y, Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. 33 over, Y
9. Log everything. Y, Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y, Y
Old 02-10-2016, 01:56 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I was just reading every ones posts for this week and I am so glad that you are doing so well. I took a break from dieting and posting but I am ready to come back again before I do any more damage.
Goals for the week:
Drink 8 glasses of water
Keep calories under 1100
Rest and get over this cold
Old 02-10-2016, 03:06 AM
Super Moderator

So I have been productive but I haven't hit my water goal yet. I have come close.
Monday, I built a firewood rack. Tuesday, which was Mardi Gras, instead of partying, I did some work. My wife and I went out to the new house, set up the firewood rack and stacked a trailer load of firewood. That night I walked 4.4 miles. Even though I've been good, my stupid scale says I'm up 2 pounds. See why I hate that thing?

My goals will be simple this week:

1) Gallon of water a day no, no
2) have my messed up scale read 204.0
3) check in daily yes, no
4) do something productive (make, build, or work on something) yes, yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.