FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/13326-7-day-motivational-thread-01-25-16-01-31-16-all-aboard-wagon.html)

ToriD1012 01-25-2016 01:31 AM

7 Day Motivational Thread 01/25/16-01/31/16---ALL ABOARD THE WAGON!

So, yeah. I fell off the wagon last week. BIG TIME. Somehow I still managed a 4 pound loss. Not sure how, but I'll definitely take it. I'll be back later to post my goals. Have a great Monday y'all.

01gt4.6 01-25-2016 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 119957)
So, yeah. I fell off the wagon last week. BIG TIME. Somehow I still managed a 4 pound loss. Not sure how, but I'll definitely take it. I'll be back later to post my goals. Have a great Monday y'all.

You suck:mad:.

I fell off the wagon and somehow I managed a gain.

Back on the wagon.

1) 100 oz water per day
2) 1 bottle of water before every meal
3) lose 1 pound

AZLisaLou 01-25-2016 01:58 AM

Tori, However your loss came about, congrats on such a great number for the week!

Mike, you and me both. Back on the wagon for me too.

I didn't do so well over the weekend. Not snacking and grazing so much as just having larger portions at meals. and probably too much soda. Even though I only take a sip here and there I know it adds up. I expect a gain today for Monday's challenge weigh-in. :(

Goals:
Log every day
minimal regular soda
simply stop eating so much

quinnesec 01-25-2016 02:02 AM

Good morning!

I'm starting week 3 and have managed to stay on the wagon the whole time, which is unbelievable for me. lol I even logged throughout the weekend, which is something I've never done before. Before, I would eat clean, but not log.

I'm especially happy because I did some traveling over the weekend under stressful conditions and continued to log everything, which is a big win. I also stayed within my calorie limits. My pie chart became a little wonky, but that's ok.

Dinner is already in the crockpot. I'm making a new recipe for an Asian Beef with Broccoli, Cauliflower, Carrots & Pea Pods. It smells really good and I hope it turns out, because it makes a quick and easy dinner with brown rice.

So here are this week's goals. Pretty similar... just making a couple of additions.

Personal Accountability Goal Sheet, Week 3

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods".
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero.
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day.
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day.
5. Take all vitamins and supplements.
6. 45 minutes of core building per day.
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day.
8. Stay within calorie limits.
9. Log everything.
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine)

lildebbieg 01-25-2016 03:44 AM

Keeping my goals the same for another week :)

64 oz. minimum water daily:
max. 1500 calories per day:
take vitamins daily:
full body workout (W, F & Su):
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa):
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa):

episode2011 01-25-2016 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 119957)
So, yeah. I fell off the wagon last week. BIG TIME. Somehow I still managed a 4 pound loss...

I stayed on the wagon and the wagon stayed put. /sigh

I can't even imagine what it feels like to lose 4 pounds in a week. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you, Tori :). Congratulations!

episode2011 01-25-2016 07:28 AM

Goodness, did I do something to tick off the Fitday gods? I was F O R B I D D E N from the site for a good hour. No opportunity to sign in, no information, nothing. Just a blank, white screen with F O R B I D D E N (and the name of the site) at the top.

Seems back to normal now, so onward I go. I'll be good. Pinky swear.

I had a totally boring nutritional week last week. I didn't do anything extraordinary. Didn't eat anything outrageous, just stayed the course. Booooring. The only good news I have is that I have no bad news. Didn't lose an ounce. But didn't gain, either. Just stayed the same. Boooooring (and disappointing). Here's how the week played out:

Strategy for last week, Jan 18-24:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450 RESULT: 1247
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset) RESULT: 1484 (potassium: 1549, over 100% offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g RESULT: 23g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g RESULT: 57g
I'll need to up the fiber a bit for this week, but other than that, I just don't feel up to making a new strategy, so I'll just keep the old one. It may not be giving me any spectacular results, but at least I didn't gain. I suppose that's a positive.

libby135 01-25-2016 09:47 AM

Hi all. I have been feeling better with sunny skies for the past three days. My weight loss is at a crawl but it is going down so I am not complaining. Let's all have a good week.

quinnesec 01-25-2016 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 119969)
Goodness, did I do something to tick off the Fitday gods? I was F O R B I D D E N from the site for a good hour. No opportunity to sign in, no information, nothing. Just a blank, white screen with F O R B I D D E N (and the name of the site) at the top.

Seems back to normal now, so onward I go. I'll be good. Pinky swear.

I had a totally boring nutritional week last week. I didn't do anything extraordinary. Didn't eat anything outrageous, just stayed the course. Booooring. The only good news I have is that I have no bad news. Didn't lose an ounce. But didn't gain, either. Just stayed the same. Boooooring (and disappointing). Here's how the week played out:

Strategy for last week, Jan 18-24:
  • Average daily calories: 1350-1450 RESULT: 1247
  • Average sodium: 1400-1500 (and at least 75% potassium to offset) RESULT: 1484 (potassium: 1549, over 100% offset)
  • Average daily fiber: at least 25g RESULT: 23g
  • Average daily protein: at least 50g RESULT: 57g
I'll need to up the fiber a bit for this week, but other than that, I just don't feel up to making a new strategy, so I'll just keep the old one. It may not be giving me any spectacular results, but at least I didn't gain. I suppose that's a positive.

I had the same "Forbidden" message when I tried to log my foods this noon. I thought I'd log out and then log back in to see if that would help, but that was forbidden, too. lol

ToriD1012 01-25-2016 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 119968)
I stayed on the wagon and the wagon stayed put. /sigh

I can't even imagine what it feels like to lose 4 pounds in a week. I guess I'll have to live vicariously through you, Tori :). Congratulations!

It's mainly water weight. I was once told a formula that if you multiply your current weight by 10, that's the number of calories it takes to maintain your weight. If you subtract 500 calories from that total, each day of the week, that you'll lose 1 pound that week. Any exercise beyond your daily activities will burn even more calories. Just deducting 500 calories a day is 3500 a week. Which is the magic number of calories to lose 1 pound. I'm a big geek and love to compare my calories in vs calories burned. So far I'm on track the way I was a few years ago. Averaging 1-2 pounds a week, with a few big weeks thrown in. I just have to get my water intake and exercise back to what it was then.

ToriD1012 01-25-2016 11:33 AM

GOALS!!!

1--log it all, even the cake I may or may not eat
2--treadmill at least 3 times
3--lose 1 pound

I'm hoping that keeping my goals simple will help me stay on the wagon this week. We shall see...

lildebbieg 01-25-2016 12:08 PM

Accountability check in!

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y
take vitamins daily: M - y
full body workout (W, F & Su):
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa):
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y

I'm with Libby.....let's all do our best to make this a great week!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wH4QAMopD2...25284%2529.jpg

canary52 01-25-2016 11:07 PM

Ok I didn't post but I got back on the wagon. I needed the friggin' wagon. I was outta control; luckily the wagon slowed down I got on.

FORBIDDEN to log on? Oh my. Huh. Sometimes FD gets itself into a snit and does not let me post either. But it never tells me outright.

Quinn, I'm sure you've said but please what are the five forbidden foods?

Tori, four pounds. And your secret is....?

Mike, I've been thinking of you guys and the family. You been keeping off the king cake?

quinnesec 01-26-2016 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 119979)
Ok I didn't post but I got back on the wagon. I needed the friggin' wagon. I was outta control; luckily the wagon slowed down I got on.

FORBIDDEN to log on? Oh my. Huh. Sometimes FD gets itself into a snit and does not let me post either. But it never tells me outright.

Mike, I've been thinking of you guys and the family. You been keeping off the king cake?

Good morning, Hope!

The 5 "bad" foods that really pack on the weight for me are bread, deep-fried, bakery, butter and cheese. If I simply eliminate those foods from my diet completely, without doing anything else, my weight drops pretty quickly.

quinnesec 01-26-2016 01:14 AM

Had another pretty good day. I pushed my spinal stretching over the weekend and had some angry back muscles, so I didn't do the full-blown 45 minutes of core building, but I did do yoga instead. Starting to enjoy my afternoon mall walking and I'm doing about 2 miles/day. I feel so much better, mentally and physically, when I get that walk in. It's a great time to put some headphones on and think, meditate and sort out anything on my mind. I come home refreshed and a much more pleasant person to be around, important when you have chronic pain issues. =)

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N Back flare-up. Did yoga instead.
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y
9. Log everything. Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y

lildebbieg 01-26-2016 03:56 AM

Hi all :) I was up this morning before work to get in 45 minutes on the bike. I used to detest the bike...I didn't think it was a good enough workout because I can burn the same amount of calories in 30 minutes that takes 40 minutes on the bike. HOWEVER....I've discovered I can watch tv while on the bike which makes the time pass faster. Awesome!! I started watching Glee from the 1st season on Netflix. I'm entertained and getting in cardio...who'd of thought!! :p

Lisa - Are you getting back into a routine now that your parents have left? Did you make up your oatmeal packets as planned?

Libby - How is the sweater coming along? I don't think you mentioned the colour? Or did I miss that detail?

Epixi - You're doing very well on your weekly goals!! Great job! I'm a slow loser too, so I understand your frustration. Just stick to you plan and the scale will move...you've proven it!!

Have an awesome day all! :)

01gt4.6 01-26-2016 04:36 AM

I wasn't able to get onto the fourms yesterday. Every time I clicked on it, it logged me off. It seems to be fixed for now. I've had too much king cake. :(

This is Tori's secret!http://www.berkeleywellness.com/site...3c_998_380.jpg

canary52 01-26-2016 05:54 AM

Quinn, those pretty much describe my forbidden foods too. Not only do I lose weight but I feel better. Sorry about your spine. I hope you feel better. I have had bad lower back pain for a while so while I don't exactly feel your pain. I feel your pain, if you know what I mean. I love walking. I've been working up to doing a little more. Good for the back too to move, whenever possible.

Mike, drop that cake!!!! Man, I miss NOLA. Gotta drag the ol' man back down there. Fun, food, music, friends, sounds pretty good to me... Oh man, now I want crawfish boil.

Debbie, are you kidding? The bike is a great exercise. I like watching while I exercise too. I am making my way through Lost while I stretch and do floor exercises. I'm probably the last person in America to see it. When I watch tv I do more, when I watch the news less!!! Hmmmm....

01gt4.6 01-26-2016 06:46 AM

Hope, I just picked up 20 # of crawfish boil seasoning to ship to Texas. I'm ready to have a boil!

lildebbieg 01-26-2016 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by canary52 (Post 119984)
Debbie, are you kidding? The bike is a great exercise. I like watching while I exercise too. I am making my way through Lost while I stretch and do floor exercises. I'm probably the last person in America to see it. When I watch tv I do more, when I watch the news less!!! Hmmmm....

Hahaha! Nope...I wasn't kidding about that....but I've changed my tune :) Since hurting my foot this past summer, the bike was my only option for a long while. I've never watched Lost.....I haven't watched anything in the past 10 years except Young and the Restless....no I'm not kidding! :p Maybe I'll have to check out Lost!

AZLisaLou 01-26-2016 10:12 AM

Hope, glad to have you back on the wagon. :)

Quinn, looks like you're off to a good start this week.

Debbie, yes I think I'm back into a routine again now that my parents are gone. I haven't been eating as much, back to more normal size portions. I don't know why I ate so much more. maybe because I made so much extra I felt I needed to eat it? I don't know. No, I totally spaced off making the oatmeal packets. I should do that tonight.

Libby, I'm with you too on having a good week!

Tori, I like your goals...simple and not overwhelming.

Hi, Mike and Epixi!

Where's Vicki and Annette?

I've had a pretty good day. I was hungry this morning. I know it's bad of me, but I don't usually have breakfast. I don't like giving up my calories so early in the day. I had a granola bar, but that was it. I'm having one of my delicious atkins w/ milk right now...one of the most satisfying things I have on my plan.

I've been stuck fluctuating between 156 and 159 for quite a while now. I need to break past this barrier. I say this as my daughter is downstairs baking brownies...I can smell them and my mouth is watering. lol.

AZLisaLou 01-26-2016 11:39 AM

On the menu tonight? Something light and full of flavor...Chicken in a lemon garlic sauce with asparagus on the side. mmm yum. I may or may not have had a small little brownie for dessert.

ToriD1012 01-26-2016 03:35 PM

A quick checkin. Monday went well. Not great, but decent. The scale was in my favor this morning. It's another Tuesday night third shift. It screws my eating habits big time. I've logged everything for the day and just under 1200 calories. I'll try to keep tomorrow about the same. When I get home in the the morning I'm going to throw on some white chicken chili in the crock pot. I love crock pot meals on Wednesdays. Neither BF or I really have to think about supper that way. We can sleep and then supper is ready. Anyway. Back to the grind.

lildebbieg 01-27-2016 02:17 AM

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y, Tu -y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y, Tu - N
take vitamins daily: M - y, Tu - y
full body workout (W, F & Su): W - y
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa): Tu - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y, T - y

quinnesec 01-27-2016 03:27 AM

Good morning!

Still plugging along. Although I've been pretty strict with my food plan and exercise, I've already hit a plateau. The first 5 lbs. came off quickly, but now not so much. I've learned throughout the years just to keep things going and eventually my body will give up the weight again.

Tori,

I love my crockpot. I use it all the time. It makes great, healthy chicken fajita meat and healthy soups. It's nice not to have to think of a healthy meal at the end of the day when you're tired or working shift work, like you are.

Lisa,

Your chicken recipe sounds great! I had a notebook with about 40 low fat, low cal recipes that I used in 2010 when I lost my weight, but I can't find it! So, I've been making all new things and it's actually been kind of fun. Last night, I made a healthy fajita pasta dish which was pretty good.

I know what you mean about your weight being stuck. Mine isn't budging, either. Grrrr...

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 1, 1
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N Back flare-up. Did yoga instead. Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y, Y
9. Log everything. Y, Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y, Y

ToriD1012 01-27-2016 05:30 AM

The wagon has lapped me a few times recently. Thing is, we just have to keep trying. Great to "see" you again.

No real secret. It's calories in vs. calories out.

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 119983)

Nuh Uh!! :mad:

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 119987)
Tori, I like your goals...simple and not overwhelming.

Simple and not overwhelming is what I need right now. I'm still trying to figure out BF friendly recipes that fit into the plan for me. It's taking some time.

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 119988)
On the menu tonight? Something light and full of flavor...Chicken in a lemon garlic sauce with asparagus on the side. mmm yum. I may or may not have had a small little brownie for dessert.

That sounds YUMMY!!

Originally Posted by quinnesec (Post 120000)
Tori,

I love my crockpot. I use it all the time. It makes great, healthy chicken fajita meat and healthy soups. It's nice not to have to think of a healthy meal at the end of the day when you're tired or working shift work, like you are.

It really is the best invention ever. I have two and love them both. I have a 5.5 quart and an 8 quart. Soups, stew, chicken meals, etc...it can do it all! I have a recipe for a ham soup that I need to try. I have left over thanksgiving ham in the freezer.

I have the chili going. It's not turning out quite like I had planned, but I think next time I can tweak it to my liking. It tastes fine, it's just missing...something....

Everything is logged for now. I need to make the cornbread to go with the chili and that will be set. Will catch up with a full goal update later this evening.

canary52 01-27-2016 05:45 AM

Mike we'll be right over. DH will bring a too small cake lol. Inside joke if Mike remembers. If only I remember, it's really an inside joke lol.

Debbie, I have gotten sucked into Lost. I watched TYATR years ago when I was first teaching college. I got too sucked into that. I told DD to watch Lost and she sent me an angry text over something that happened.

Lisa, that chicken sounds off the charts. Maybe I will come to you rather than Mike's, less sodium lol

Tori, I know it wasn't the scale... So glad you are here. Don't let Mike give you too much trouble.

01gt4.6 01-27-2016 09:06 AM

Hope,

It'll be personal cake. That was funny.

ToriD1012 01-27-2016 09:10 AM

The chili turned out pretty good. A little thinner than we would have liked but the taste was there. Next time I'll decrease the amount of liquid it calls for. Such an easy fix. I've divvied out portions for lunch tomorrow and supper if he wants it again. It paired well with corn muffins. I added a little bit of shredded cheddar and sour cream to mine and it was heavenly. Not sure if I've said, but I love a crock pot meal :) Time to throw the laundry in the dryer. There's only 2 of us but I swear we do more laundry than a family of 5.

AZLisaLou 01-27-2016 12:39 PM

I made an apple pie. I ate a piece of said apple pie. Later I calculated the recipe calories. Then I cried. Ouch, that stings.

I made a spaghetti pie for dinner, which is basically the same ingredients as lasagna except the "pie crust" is baked al dente vermicelli with an egg and cheese mixed in. I cut it into 5 pieces, and it was definitely enough of a piece for a meal. It was 775 calories. I'm ok with that. That's not a bad number for a meal. I made a mistake when I was making it though, which made the calories higher than they have to be. It called for 1 cup of ricotta, but I added the whole 16 oz container. Oh well. Next time I'll do it right and adjust the calories then.

But then I had to add in the apple pie. I didn't think it was going to be that many calories. oops. :( I'm soooo far over my calorie count today.

I did one thing good today, though. I finally made my oatmeal packets. They're pretty high calories, too, although healthy ones, but still. So I can only have them on days when everything else the rest of the day is lower.

lildebbieg 01-28-2016 12:32 AM

Good morning all :) The scale has been stuck the past week bouncing up and down 1.5 lbs. but this morning it finally went down a bit more. I'm sure it will continue to bounce around as it normally does, but seeing that lower number this morning felt encouraging....I needed that! ;) I feel pleasantly sore from my workout yesterday. I love that feeling!

Lisa - Maybe apple crumble is lower in calories? I've never calculated it, but I'm sure pie crust must be quite high with the amount of shortening used. What about a baked apple, sprinkled with cinnamon, sugar and maybe some granola and raisins? I'm not much of a dessert person, so I don't know if that would even suffice as a replacement for apple pie. ;)

Tori - Totally agree...it's all about the number! CICO....calories in versus calories out.

Hope - I started watching Y&R with my babysitter when I was a kid and have been watching it ever since! Was your daughter angry about something that happened on Lost?

Quinn - I'm right there with you...already hitting the dreaded plateau....or maybe it's not a plateau but just the regular pace that weight normally comes off. Either way, I've already started to feel frustration too. Like you said, we just have to keep plugging along and the scale will eventually creep down. All that to say, you are not alone!

Libby - You've been quiet. Hope you're having a good week!

Hi, Mike and Epixi!

Have a great day all!

Weekly Goals
64 oz. minimum water daily: M - y, Tu -y, W - y
under 1500 calories per day: M - y, Tu - N, W - y,
take vitamins daily: M - y, Tu - y, W - y
full body workout (W, F & Su): W - y
core workout (Tu, Th & Sa): Tu - y
cardio (M, Tu, W, Th & Sa): M - y, T - y, W - y

quinnesec 01-28-2016 01:37 AM

Good morning, everyone!

Busy day today for me. My dishwasher died of exhaustion after having a houseful of college kids for nearly a month over Christmas. I ordered a new one and it took forever to come in. But today is the big day that I can quit washing dishes by hand. =)

Making WW General Tso's Chicken for dinner tonight with brown rice and broccoli or pea pods. Something quick and easy after having installers in all afternoon.

I've been walking 2 miles pretty much everyday and my back has really improved. With spinal arthritis, I think it's true; if you don't use it, you lose it and I don't want to ever lose it again. My MD told me that walking is the only exercise that builds muscle in ALL of the major muscle groups simultaneously. That's pretty amazing, when you think about it. I went off of my Celebrex at Christmas and replaced it with several natural supplements for inflammation, which seem to be doing a much better job than $300/month Celebrex. What a ripoff, not to mention horrible for you for long term use.

Have a wonderful day, friends! =)

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 1, 1, 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1, 1
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N Back flare-up. Did yoga instead. Y, Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y, Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y, Y, Y
9. Log everything. Y, Y, Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y, Y, Y

quinnesec 01-28-2016 06:51 AM

I thought I'd share this link that I find really helpful when I'm out of town, traveling or have no other options than a restaurant or fast food. It has helped me make good food choices for quite a while...

Healthy Eating Survival Guides: Best and Worst Choices at Restaurants, Holiday Parties, and More | Hungry Girl

01gt4.6 01-28-2016 08:45 AM

hello losers! I've been MIA but my scale is still moving in the right direction. Our house is very close to completion, so this is when I need to be out there more. I've been super busy with it and work and haven't had much time to eat or drink my water, except in the evening. So busy that I haven't even made it to a single parade.

I feel bad because I haven't been able to check in that often.

Here's a little accountability, since I've been MIA.
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...ps5uynj4qc.jpg

libby135 01-28-2016 10:21 AM

Hi all. I haven't been posting lately because I have the flu and spent most of my time sleeping. Sunday night I started getting aches and fever and Wednesday was the worst of it. Today I was feeling a little better but still weak and tired. I am taking advil and drinking lots of tea. DH has been doing the cooking with a little guidance from me. I will be so glad when I am better again. I hope that you are all having a good week.

ToriD1012 01-28-2016 11:36 AM

Today has been a pretty good day. Calories are sitting at 1100. I had planned on cooking but wound up going my the local Greek place. Their portions are HUGE. I opted for the small Greek salad with added grilled chicken. I used my own dressing to keep the calories down. The small salad is about 3 cups of lettuce and then the add ins. About 3 tbsp of feta, cucumbers, onions, bell peppers, olives and another kind of pepper. I take out the olives and "other pepper". It was definitely enough to fill me. I also heard back from the obedience club. Classes start on March 16. I'm so excited it's not even funny. I'm adding a couple of pics of my boys. Just so you know who's who.

http://http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n638/ToriD1012/Mobile%20Uploads/image_3.jpg

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...ds/image_2.jpg

I can't remember how to post the thumbnails anymore so I had to do direct links.

AZLisaLou 01-28-2016 12:15 PM

Libby, I'm very sorry to hear you've been knocked out with the flu! I hope you feel back to normal soon. Glad to hear that dh is kicking in and helping you out with cooking.

Debbie, yea on the scale moving downward! Yes, I know there are lots of things better than apple pie. I just didn't expect it to be so much because the crust was thin and there wasn't a ton of sugar in it...or it didn't seem like that much. I used granny smith apples and it was actually on the sour side and could have used more sugar. I'll make the pie for the family next time and try something else for myself, or at least a much smaller piece.

Quinn, good to hear that the walking is improving your back. Isn't the pharmaceutical industry a big scam sometimes? Glad that you found some natural alternatives that are helping you more than the meds.

Tori, sounds like a very healthy and tasty salad. what kind of dressing did you use?

It's been a pretty good day for me. I'm over my calories again, but not as bad as yesterday. I looked back at my numbers and discovered that I really haven't lost any weight for nearly 2 months. I've been staying in the same 3 lb range. I'm getting frustrated with myself and I'm toying with the idea of just maintaining for a while (which I've been doing anyways) and de-stress about it for a bit. I don't know...still up in the air about it. Having a bad mental wellness day, and it's not helping.

ToriD1012 01-28-2016 12:37 PM

Lisa, I used Wishbone fat free Italian. There's only 15 calories in 2 tbsp. I used 4 tbsp :)

quinnesec 01-29-2016 01:51 AM

Good morning!

Didn't get my walk in yesterday because I had a man here installing my new dishwasher and it turned out to be a bigger job than previously thought. I've had to do my dishes by hand since Christmas, so it's a good day to have that job done. =)

Otherwise, I'm really sticking to my goals, although the scale doesn't reflect that. It's firmly stuck in place. =( I had one win last night, when the installer left at 5:00, I almost just ordered a pizza. But, I pulled back and made my WW General Tso's Chicken. Afterwards, I was so glad I didn't buckle. I was tired and ticked off because the delivery/installation crew dragged mass quantities of snow, mud, slush and sand up my oak staircase and all over my hardwood floors in my dining room and kitchen. But, I cleaned it up and just told husband that we would be eating late. The recipe was quick and easy though, and I think I had dinner on the table in 30 minutes; probably the same amount of time as ordering a pizza. Win/win!

Friday night has been date night for us for over 30 years, so I'll be going out tonight. Already have my menu choices selected. =)

1. Eat clean; eliminate the 5 "bad foods". Y, Y, Y, Y
2. Limit diet Coke to one glass per day; ideally zero. 1, 1, 0, 0
3. Drink 1 glass of tart cherry juice per day. Y, Y, Y, Y
4. Drink one cup of antioxidant tea per day. 2, 1, 1, 2
5. Take all vitamins and supplements. Y, Y, Y, Y
6. 45 minutes of core building per day. N Back flare-up. Did yoga instead. Y, Y, Y
7. Walk 4 times this week; minimum of 45 minutes each day. Y, Y, Y
8. Stay within calorie limits. Y, Y, Y, Y
9. Log everything. Y, Y, Y, Y
10. Continue to very gradually add yoga and flexibility exercises to increase range of motion. (Spine) Y, Y, Y, Y

canary52 01-29-2016 02:32 AM

Debbie, yes DD was angry because they killed a character she liked.

Mike, NO PARADES? Don't make me come down there, young man. I will drag DH and he will bring a "personal cake" and then you're in trouble.

Tori, can you add couscous or rice to the chili to sop up the liquid or is that verboten? If not, cook it longer on the stovetop. I think our neighbors come over and put clothing in our hamper.
Lisa, I fell down with sushi. I was down almost five and the sodium shot me back up. That was my "apple pie."

Hi Epixi and Quinn. Keep at it, Quinn, the scale will move. You're doing great.