Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24 >

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread, Jan 18 - 24

Old 01-18-2016, 08:14 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Sounds like you've got it under control. "What I'm doing now certainly feels manageable and sustainable", that right there is the golden ticket!
Yep, exactly. Keep trying new recipes until you have 10-12 that you really like. Have an emergency healthy salty snack and an emergency sweet snack that are "legal" and you're pretty much good to go. I also drink tea, coffee or water all day long.

The thing that works for me is eliminating ALL unhealthy foods from my house. Every one. Because if there's a bag of cookies in the cupboard, I can tell you that I'll take them down by morning. If there's only healthy stuff in your fridge and cupboards, the worst that can happen is that you'll binge on something healthy, which isn't so bad.
Old 01-18-2016, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

Oh for the love of God, please don't EVER tell Tori she's right. I repeat, DON'T EVER!
You know that I'm always right!!
Old 01-18-2016, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ToriD1012
You know that I'm always right!!
WTFE.

I met a friend at his work, he took me to an early lunch. I guess that's what the rich call "brunch"? Well it was my breakfast and lunch and boy do I feel like I need to confess!!

I'm going to go walking tonight, maybe I can burn off some of that tasty grease.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:05 AM
FitDay Member

I ate at Popeye's once with a friend and I haven't been back. You couldn't find a vegetable there if your life depended on it. No thanks.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by libby135
I ate at Popeye's once with a friend and I haven't been back. You couldn't find a vegetable there if your life depended on it. No thanks.
They sell corn on the cob (covered in butter), fried okra. I believe mashed potatoes are a vegetable. They have them, they're just not healthy.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:52 AM
FitDay Member

Supper was cooked by BF tonight. I really lucked up, he's a great cook. He did tenderloin steaks, I had mashed sweet potatoes and a salad to go with it. I had planned on a baked sweet potato but Junior grabbed it. I cut off the parts that he "tasted" and then peeled and boiled it. Mashed it with a tiny bit of butter and milk. It's not the way I prefer them, but it made do. I have a splitting headache so I think I am just going to chill for the rest of the night. I'm at just under 1500 calories for the day. I need a couple of more bottles of water and I'll be set.
Old 01-18-2016, 10:54 AM
FitDay Member

WTFE.

I met a friend at his work, he took me to an early lunch. I guess that's what the rich call "brunch"? Well it was my breakfast and lunch and boy do I feel like I need to confess!!

I'm going to go walking tonight, maybe I can burn off some of that tasty grease.
mmmmmmPopeyes

The rumor is that we'll be getting one in the Springs soon. It's a tasty indulgence, I just can't make it a habit. I think I have a picture somewhere of a Popeye's biscuit in the street during a Mardi Gras parade. My sock was laying beside the biscuit. I still don't know how either of them made it to the street. The last thing I remember is barefoot cooler dancing and my friend falling over the barricade.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:04 AM
FitDay Member

I have the same complaint about KFC as I do about Popeye's. No vegetables, just meat and starch and no colour just beige.

Last edited by libby135; 01-18-2016 at 11:11 AM.
Old 01-18-2016, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

Gypsyjoy: How is your potassium intake? Although it's not a cure-all, upping the potassium does counteract *some* of the sodium, according to my research. Of course, adding more fluids helps, too. I see that you're doing macros -- good for you! I tried doing macros last year but was never able to hit them properly (carbs ALWAYS tripped me up). I'll be eagerly following to see your progress!

Quinn: It's cooooold here, too. This morning, it was -2. But we're making progress -- it's all the way up to +3 now (I think we hit +7 earlier this afternoon -- heatwave!). With regard to the recipes I really really like, that's pretty much what I try to do. I'll admit, there are some unhealthy things in my house (hello cookies), but I try to divvy them up into individual portions and stash them in the freezer. Right after Halloween, I had a freezer full of Fun-Sized peanut M&Ms. That was tough .

Mike: I knew the minute I wrote that about strep... hahahaha. Seriously, though, my son had strep a few times, and I sorta, kinda remember it did stink. Literally. Or maybe he just hadn't brushed... kids... With regard to Popeye's, did you enjoy it? I know for me, when I indulge, I hope to heck I enjoy it. Takes some of the sting out of the calorise. I haven't had Popeye's in years (never lived near one), but I recall enjoying it when I did. Anyway, day's not over, and you're still under 1000 calories. You could go light for dinner and still be ok, right?

Libby: Hehe not having vegetables has never been a dealbreaker for me. Usually I eat them because I'm supposed to or because someone else prepared them, not because I crave them. Crave lettuce? Hasn't happened yet .

Tori: Dinner sounds delicious! I haven't had a steak in ages. You're right, a bit more water and you'll be all set... WHOOPS, sorry , Mike! (but she IS right)... Hope your headache goes away soon, Tori.

As for me, I'm still plugging away. Finishing up my fourth 16-oz mug of tea for the day. I'm so surprised at how well I've taken to tea. Two years ago, you couldn't sell me tea if it came with a winning Powerball ticket.

Speaking of which, no, it wasn't me who won. Drat!
Old 01-18-2016, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Accountability check in Today was a crazy busy day at work and when I got home.....well with two younger children my day doesn't slow down when I go home! I still managed to hit all my goals! Another successful day

64 oz. minimum water daily: M - 96 oz
max. 1500 calories per day: M - 1430 cals
full body workout x3:
core workout x3: M - y
cardio workout x5: M - 40 min. bike
take vitamins daily: M - y

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.