Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18 >

Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Community
Notices

Motivation & Support 10/12-10/18

Old 10-16-2015, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

I had a set back with todays weigh in and a gain for the week. My eating has been good all week but I haven't been working as hard and maybe that is the difference. I won't let this setback derail me.
Old 10-16-2015, 02:13 PM
FitDay Member

Got another workout in today--aerobics and weightlifting. In fact, today I lifted a combined total of 2814 pounds! Vicki
Old 10-16-2015, 02:38 PM
FitDay Member

dschefer, it's always good to pamper yourself sometimes. Enjoy your fresh, clean house. I know what you mean about cooking for everyone. It gets tough sometimes.

Libby,
it wasn't much of a setback. I think you did great considering you had thanksgiving over the weekend! You'll make up for it this next week. I bet you have a good loss next Friday. Keep your chin up, and I'm glad it's not derailing you.

Vicki, way to go on the weights! Holy cow...that's a lot! and aerobics along with it. You must be a machine!

I'm doing so well today. It feels like Saturday already since the kids are off school this week. I lose track of days. All day I kept telling myself "This is the best Saturday you've ever had!" only to realize it's Friday. lol

I'm a couple hundred under my calories today. I'm experimenting with Weight Watchers points. Although I am about 325 calories under my goal today, I've used up all my points already. A little confusing. I'll just have to see how it goes.

I got some super discouraging news today. I'm 5'2" and 263lbs. My 6'1" overweight husband is 276. He's a full foot taller than me and I weigh almost as much as him. I'm really depressed about that. I will NOT catch up to him. He's lost about 25 lbs in the past year, so with him losing I also can't let him pass me. I've got to work hard. I've never told him how much I weigh. I only tell him how many lbs I've lost during the week. He's such a sweetie though and volunteers to find where I lost it. hehe. It's a good relationship when it doesn't matter the outward appearance.

Tonight I cooked penne pasta with Italian sausage in the sauce, along with mozzarella and parmesan. Guess what! I didn't have any. I had a nice big salad of baby spinach, lite caesar dressing, parmesan, sunflower seeds and ham. I was stuffed, and it was delicious. Way better than the pasta.
Old 10-16-2015, 03:11 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa, It sounds like you're really doing well--and you have a great supportive husband, sounds like. It's hard to face up to the number on the scale, I know. I had about a year of not being able to weigh myself, just for fear of what the number would do to me. Finally, a few weeks ago, I started feeling in a much better place and summoned the strength to step on the scale. Why is that so scary?
Anyways, it sounds like you're doing great--your spinach salad sounds scrumptious!

Libby, don't let the setback get to you. When we fall down, we just have to get back up and keep going. We're here for you.

Vicki that's great with the weight lifting. I used to be very into lifting--I could bench a lot--it gave me a feeling of being in control. I also loved the feeling of sore muscles. Good for you!

I'm doing ok, just cranky from not eating. I've got to get it together, as I am snapping at my kids and husband too much. And it seems like I have to reduce calories tremendously in order to lose anything. My body just doesn't want to give up any weight--this is going to be a very long haul... but I will persevere
Old 10-17-2015, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all!! Sorry I've been MIA for a few days! So I've had a decent week, but I know I wasn't consistent enough to have made any real change. I had a great workout on Tuesday and felt pretty good Wednesday morning....until DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) kicked in later in the day. I have been so sore since then that I haven't kept up with my planned workouts. I didn't even work all that hard! I kept things low impact because of my recent foot injury so I was completely surprised by the DOMS. Anyway, just gotta shake it off and keep moving forward...once I can move pain free again! LOL!

Lisa - You're doing great! That's awesome that you did part of your workout again!! I used to do Slim In Six way back when it first came out. Maybe I should do that again and easy cardio...maybe that will help me work my way back up to doing my interval workouts again? The only kicker with S'n6 is that it's the same workout 6 days a week for weeks on end! I did get a little bored with it...but it is a decent full body workout. Glad you're giving WW a try!

dschefer - I completely get what you're saying about the fear of the scale. I told myself recently that I would stay off the scale and just focus on food and exercise....but deep down I think the real reason I'm not weighing is because I don't want to see that damn number. Not sure it's the best approach? Kind of burying my head in the sand I think? Sorry to hear you're feeling cranky. Can you add in more veggies to help you feel more satiated? Nobody ever gained weight from eating too many veggies

Vicky - Look at you showing that gym who's boss! You're doing everything right! Keep up that momentum!!

Libby - I know I'm not one to talk, but try not to look at the scale being up a bit as a set back. You know it doesn't just keep on moving down...it bounces up and down, but as long as overall it moves down then you're on the right track. You been losing over 1 lb. a week, on average, for several weeks! So what ever you're doing, you are doing it right!! So no set back here!! Jus ta little blip on the scale...if you keep up what you're doing, I have no doubt that you will see change on the scale soon. Don't give up! You really have turned things around and are doing sooooo very well!!

Mike and Hope - How are you doing?
Old 10-17-2015, 01:54 PM
FitDay Member

dschefer, debbie is right about the veggies. can never have too many of those. Sorry to hear you're having a hard with calorie restrictions. maybe change up on the recipes you're making or the foods you eat normally? I know, easier said than done. Pinterest has amazing low cal recipes and snack ideas. Protein will stave off hunger too. How about an apple with a Tbsp of peanut butter? Or celery and peanut butter is a good one too. I would really suggest checking out Pinterest if you haven't already.

Debbie,
maybe it would be a good idea to check just 1 day a week. Keep accountable for a shorter time frame than a month, but not obsessing over it daily. I get motivated by daily (several times a day) checking. I do get a little obsessive about it, but it's better for me that way because I can turn the wrong way in a heartbeat if I don't keep on top of it. So, maybe a compromise would be in order for you? Sorry to hear you're so sore! You'll get used to it. Don't forget to stretch your body every day, even if you don't exercise that day to loosen up those sore muscles. I know you said it's hindering you, but I challenge you to power through until your muscles adjust to the workout. (as if I have room to challenge anyone. lol)

We had a softball tournament with Sara today, and I ate terribly. I had 2 granola bars, too much soda, and a 6" subway cold cut combo while away from home. At home I didn't stop either. I had a few bbq chips, a few more sips of soda, and now I'm having an atkins with milk instead of a dinner. And I will probably have another atkins late tonight. AND we have another day of tournament tomorrow. As much as I loooooooove watching her play, I don't have packing healthy down to a science yet. I packed good for Sara with mixed fresh fruit and cheese/crackers/turkey, but I packed squat for myself. I need to do a better job of this since we've got a lot of tournaments in our future! Sundays are usually short days, so I'm not as worried about tomorrow. I can probably wait until I get home to eat.

How is everyone elses weekend going?
Old 10-18-2015, 05:06 AM
FitDay Member

I was OK till last night when my husband went out to a movie with my neighbour. I got into the jar of mixed nuts and was only going to have a few.
Once I started I couldn't stop, just a few more, maybe some more. It was like a drug and then that wasn't enough so I ate some shaved parm cheese. Finally I went to bed. The damage on the scale this morning was pretty bad and it will be even worse when I weigh in tomorrow. I think that the insanity is out of my system now and I am having a better day today.
Old 10-18-2015, 05:40 AM
FitDay Member

Libby, I'm positive your gain will be temporary. There is a lot of salt in mixed nuts and parm cheese. Glad to hear today is going better for you.

My day has started off on the right foot. I drove to Sara's softball tourney and did not get any soda along the way. I drank water. On my way home I thought a soda sounded really good; however, I thought that instead of waste a gazillion calories on soda, I would wait until I got home and just have a couple sips to satisfy the craving. Btw, I was hungry also and did not go through the drive thru like I wanted to. I got home and made an atkins/milk, filled my water bottle, went upstairs and completely forgot that I had wanted a few sips of soda. SCORE A WIN FOR ME!!! Well, once I'm upstairs I do not want to go downstairs and have to come back upstairs again. So it's just me, atkins and water. We'll see how I do the rest of the day. It's grocery day and it's usually a tough day.

I came home from Sara's tourney after the 1st game. I did not want to wait 2 hours until the next game. It's only 83, but it feels like 100. Also, I didn't want to be in a situation where he took her to get something to eat, which would have meant I got something too that probably would have not been on my plan. The best way to not get things not on my plan is to avoid the tempting situations until I have better control of myself.

I hope everyone has a good Sunday. I'm anxious to see how the scale likes me from Friday's regular weigh in to tomorrow's challenge weigh in. I made a few mistakes over the weekend, so I hope I didn't screw up my weight too badly!
Old 10-18-2015, 01:08 PM
FitDay Member

Lisa, it sounds like you let yourself go one day, but on the next you got right back up and on track again. That is so good! And really hard to do. Enjoy your daughter's softball games. How old is she?

Libby, I do that too. One I start, I can't stop. Especially with the Omega trek mix from Trader Joe's. My goodness, that stuff is good. Your body is fighting to maintain the status quo, so whenever you let down your guard, you'll eat more than planned. It's certainly that way for me, in any case.

Debbie, I still give way too much importance to the number on the scale. But if I don't weigh, I'll trick myself into thinking I'm alright and just keep eating normally. To even start on this diet, I had to remind myself repeatedly each day that I was on a diet--the scale helped make it real. I have a very powerful ability for denial--I always manage to forget to go to dental appointments.

I got off track again this weekend--we had guests Saturday evening and on Sunday we went out for lunch and then to the bakery in the afternoon. Bad, I know. I'll get back to it tomorrow morning again when everyone is away.

Have a good week everyone!