Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 4 - 10, 2015: The Wagon Awaits -- Jump on! >

Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 4 - 10, 2015: The Wagon Awaits -- Jump on!

Notices

Motivation & Accountability Thread, May 4 - 10, 2015: The Wagon Awaits -- Jump on!

Old 05-10-2015, 01:26 AM
FitDay Member

To All Us Moms...

(and a shout out to all Moms worldwide, regardless of whether your country celebrates on this day or another,
'cause moms are special, no matter where they are)

HAPPY
MOTHER'S
DAY
!!!

Enjoy the day, ladies! I know I will!

((Man, formatting is STILL tough!!! Especially with auto log-outs... Thank goodness for copy-paste ))

Last edited by episode2011; 05-10-2015 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Edited because I goofed... see post #34 below
Old 05-10-2015, 02:44 AM
FitDay Member

Can we say SUNBURN?

I had an absolutely pleasant day in the park. The fighters were garbed in heavy armor and sweating buckets. Even they couldn't stand the smell of themselves. The public came and watched. They asked questions as well. The crazies were out as well.

I hand sewed all day and now I have to rip every stitch out because I did it wrong.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. I hope you manage through your breakfasts in bed. Mine will be a lunch prepared by all the men in our church. My (adult) son made carrot cake last night. He's a perfectionist so even though I managed to lead him to a low fat recipe, I didn't think I could get away with adjusting the recipe to make it low sugar as well. At least not in front of him without him going into some sort of melt down.
I'll have a small slice. As with everything else the men bring for potluck.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Happy Mother's Day to all of us women! We're AWESOME!

Menu at my house: Baked chicken wings with 3 sauces--mine was garlic parm
Salad made with garden-fresh veggies: peppers, tomatoes, onions
red and green lettuces, radishes
Dessert: Almond meal Lemon Poppyseed cake with whipped cream
and fresh raspberries

And, yes, I did the cooking! Now it's quiet here--just me, the cats and the dog! Vicki
Old 05-10-2015, 12:27 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, poo. Now I feel bad. I know today is Mother's Day in the US. I also know it is celebrated on different days elsewhere in the world. What I DIDN'T know is that Canadian Mother's Day and USA Mother's Day is the same day. We have a sizable Canadian group here on Fitday and I (innocently) omitted them/you from my Mother's Day message above .

Please know it was not intentional.

I have edited the post to be inclusive! Sorry 'bout that!