FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/12031-motivation-accountability-april-13-19-live-moment.html)

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 12:21 AM

Motivation and Accountability - April 13-19....Live in the moment

Good Monday morning all :) It has occurred to me that I have been looking too far ahead and it's been discouraging me. Last year when I was successfully sticking to my goals, every day I told myself to just trust the process and do what I could do that day. I've lost sight of that way of thinking. Instead, I keep looking back to where I was last year and wishing I was at that point again. The thing is, I can't go back. I can only go forward and going forward means putting in the work again. I need to put in the time and effort to reach my goals. I guess I haven't accepted where I'm currently at? I feel discouraged at times because I remember how much work it was to get so close to my goal and I remember how good I felt in my skin (and in my clothes!!)...only to then let it all slip away. I know it will take months of hard work to get back there. This has been discouraging me to the point that I am not making progress. I need to accept where I'm at and then move forward, and trust that with each good decision and each minute of exercise that I can and will reach my gaol again.

My focus this week (and the weeks and months to come) will be to live in the moment. Each moment is a new moment to make a good decision. Each good decision...no matter how big or small...is a step in the right direction and one step closer to my goal.

Wishing us all a successful week!

http://youreananimal.com/cms/wp-cont...hour-glass.jpg

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 01:21 AM

I'm changing up my goals a bit this week. I'm reducing calories and carbs and adding in a fibre goal (which will mean I'll be eating a lot more veggies), making a more general exercise goal rather than trying to adhere to a schedule and I'm also making it part of my daily goals to reflect on positive accomplishments.

Weekly Goals
track food daily:
min. 72 oz. water daily:
max. 1200 calories:
min. 90 g protein:
max. 120 g carbs:
min. 25 g fibre:
exercise daily:
reflect on daily accomplishments:

HappyHen 04-13-2015 02:38 AM

Debbie, I'm with you on the discouragement and disappointment of losing the weight only to gain it and some extra over time. How about this week add another goal to find something positive about yourself each day? You will enjoy your week better if you try this method. That is how I lost 86 lbs back in 2006. It was recommended to me on another forum. Blessings, Denise

rainbow24 04-13-2015 03:22 AM

This is me, living in the moment.

Monday goals:
  • Still resting from outdoor work due to rain
  • Get back to the original diet plan
    • Breakfast waffle
    • Lunch salmon
    • Prepare legumes for tomorrow
    • Chicken dinner

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by HappyHen (Post 115585)
Debbie, I'm with you on the discouragement and disappointment of losing the weight only to gain it and some extra over time. How about this week add another goal to find something positive about yourself each day? You will enjoy your week better if you try this method. That is how I lost 86 lbs back in 2006. It was recommended to me on another forum. Blessings, Denise

Sorry to hear you're in the 'Lose It Then Gain It Back Plus More' club with me ;) Totally agree with your recommendation....that's why I already have this as part my weekly goals...'reflect on daily accomplishments'. All too often, I beat myself up for not doing enough yet I don't take the time to look at all I accomplish on a daily basis. I'm going to make this a permanent goal each week. Once I start focusing on my daily accomplishments, I hope that will translate into the momentum I need to look forward and no longer dwell on the past.

episode2011 04-13-2015 04:11 AM

Good morning, everyone.

My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300:
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses):
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater:
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g:
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
I've been being true to my strategy, but I'm having zero success. Third week IN A ROW of no loss. Needless to say, I'm extremely discouraged. I don't want to bring down the mood of the group, so I'll stop here.

Just so tired of being the nutritional bridesmaid.

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 115590)
I've been being true to my strategy, but I'm having zero success. Third week IN A ROW of no loss. Needless to say, I'm extremely discouraged. I don't want to bring down the mood of the group, so I'll stop here.

Just so tired of being the nutritional bridesmaid.

I can imagine how frustrated you must be!! You set up your goals and week after week you stay on track! You deserve a big loss!

Are you doing anything different than you did in the past when you've lost weight? Maybe if you up your protein a bit and lower your carbs a bit? Maybe you just need a shake up to get the scale moving again? What about exercise...are you able to add in some exercise to help increase the caloric deficit without having to cut calories?

ToriD1012 04-13-2015 09:26 AM

Joining in after a LONG hiatus

Okay, so a brief backstory...I was here a few years ago, had success and then quit doing what was working and gained back a LOT of the 79lbs lost. I haven't gained back all of what I lost, but probably a good 35lbs or more of it. I honestly have no clue what I weigh right now because we just moved and I can't find my scale LOL!!

Anyway, my goals are simple this week

1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly
2: limit soda to work only, water at home
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard

That's it for week one. Will do my best to post every day, but can't guarantee it. I work a swing shift and it's hard sometimes. But will definitely be here most days.

~~Tori~~
~~37 years old and starting over...again~~

01gt4.6 04-13-2015 10:11 AM

Tori says I need to post goals. Such a JA she is.

Okay mine will be simple, but starting tomorrow.

1) s*%t or get off the pot (either get to the gym or cancel my membership since I haven't been in a couple months)
2) log my foods
3) 100 oz water per day
4) 2000 calorie deficit for Tues-Sunday
5) write 1 policy

LHall1965 04-13-2015 10:36 AM

Hi All - Happy Monday. Missed being on last week, but very hectic and not really motivated. I'm surprised I lost a pound - felt like I gained 5. I was up and down all week. We did work outside some on Sat in the yard so glad the extra exercise helped.

Goals this week to get back on track and eat only what I have prepared and not the "extras" that I have been grabbing to snack on, Also to drink more water.

Debbie - you are so right. It just seems like my goal is such a long way off and I have so far to go that I get discouraged. I also need to refocus on the short term goals and stay motivated.

Hope everyone has a great week

ToriD1012 04-13-2015 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 115594)
Tori says I need to post goals. Such a JA she is.

You'll be okay. Even if I'm a JA.

Sooooo, the SO isn't making this any easier on me. We're laying in bed watching tv and he gets up and goes to make himself a huge bowl of ice cream. THAT'S being a JA...

lildebbieg 04-13-2015 01:30 PM

Checking back in for accountability. A very successful day...but Monday usually is...it's the rest of the week that creeps up on me ;)

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals.
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g.
min. 25 g fibre:Mon. - 25 g.
exercise daily:Mon. - yes (maybe too much...hopefully I can move tomorrow!
reflect on daily accomplishments:Mon. - yes

Tori - Welcome back! Hard to be good when your SO is being so bad! :cool:

Mike - Good to see you posting again!

Lynda - Congrats on the pound...one pound closer to your goal!

Have a great evening all....see you all tomorrow.

rainbow24 04-14-2015 02:08 AM

One day at a time.

Tuesday goals:
  • Exercise - Tuesdays are reserved for paperwork
  • Diet plan -
    • Breakfast - waffles (these are sugar free, low fat, low sodium, multigrain waffles)
    • Lunch - chickpeas and beans with longrice
    • Tuesday is take out (I get a lower sodium version on a wholegrain bun)
  • Other reminders - stay away from the jelly beans until tonight, then leave them in the closet at church

ToriD1012 04-14-2015 02:28 AM

Yesterday wasn't horrible, but I could have done better. I made a poor choice for lunch because I didn't plan ahead. It is what it is, can't change it now. I'm not used to eating lunch, so I didn't even think about it until it was time to eat. Live and learn.
So, goals...
1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly--Yes
2: limit soda to work only, water at home--Yes
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard--wasn't great, but wasn't horrible either

That's about it for now. Will try to catch up with y'all later.

01gt4.6 04-14-2015 03:40 AM

Thanks Debbie! I hope I can hang around a little longer.

HappyHen 04-14-2015 04:19 AM

Epixi- Are you drinking enough water. A doc years ago recommended drinking half your body weight in water to speed up weight loss (up to 100 ounces max) and it does seem to work for me. As a matter of fact I haven't been drinking enough water and my losses are stalling. I'll make that a goal today. Maybe you want to try this is you aren't already.

Yesterday, I woke up to a 1 lb weight gain. I think it was the roasted in-the-shell peanuts I ate Sunday night. I do retain loads of water with excessive salt intake. I went to my pre-op appt for my upcoming endoscopy/ colonoscopy. They gave me a gallon jug with some powder that I have to add water and drink the day before. Ugh! I do think cleanses can be good for our bodies though and I do anticipate a weight loss during those two days. LOL. I do plan to drink regular ginger ale on those days to keep my blood sugar up. I am not fond of plain broths. Any suggestions besides popsickles and jello?

Today I plan to eat on-plan strickly, drink 100 ounces of water and plant my remaining plants in the hydroponic system this afternoon.

Welcome back, Mike! Hope to see your posts often and revel in your losses.

lildebbieg 04-14-2015 11:59 AM

Accountability check in. Another successful day.

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues - 72 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues - 1196 cals.
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 ,in.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes :D

episode2011 04-14-2015 05:17 PM

Debbie: Great job on the goals! Your week is off to a grand start. Proud of you!

Mike and Tori: So nice to see you two again! I missed your posts and your good-natured back & forth commenting. Our friend Hope was here about a week ago, too.

Lynda: Congratulations on the pound loss -- that's absolutely wonderful, especially if you weren't expecting it!

Denise: I *think* I drink enough. I average nearly 4000mL fluid per day (split between green tea w/stevia and plain water). I've been drinking that amount for the last 4-5 months. I honestly don't think I could get much more than that in and still maintain any sort of, um, quality of life, if you know what I mean. As far as suggestions, were you looking for something low-cal but high carb?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Monday: Spent some time trying to understand WHY my plan is failing so miserably
    • Monday: Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)
    • Tuesday: More research on why I'm being so unsuccessful, given how well I've stuck to plan
    • Tuesday: Tried couscous. Ugh -- NOT doing that again.
Bah, I wrote out a looooong, pity-party post. Then figured it wasn't fair to lay all that on you good folks, so I deleted it :). Probably should have saved it to my computer, but oh well.

Anyway, still feeling disillusioned (disheartened? disappointed? betrayed by my body?) about my recent total lack of success. I had so hoped to be in the next decade (that's what I call the 10-pound increments) by mid-May, but now that I've had 3 straight weeks of absolutely NOTHING, I have serious doubts that's going to happen. But I can't throw in the towel, because that won't make things any better. I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. What I'm doing has stopped working but I've got nothing better with which to replace it.

*sigh*

AZLisaLou 04-14-2015 07:06 PM

Had a bad food day today. Went for convenience and comfort all day. Not really sure what was triggering that, but it is what it is. Day is done, now I can work on tomorrow.

I'm glad I'm back on diet soda. I know it's not good for me because of the chemicals, and supposedly it actually makes your abdomen bigger over time. Right now I don't care. The water experiment wasn't working. I was craving sooooo badly the whole time, and I never felt my thirst quenched. That's something I've never ever understood about me. I can drink a gallon of water and not feel quenched and my mouth feels like a sandy desert, but I can drink a cup of diet soda and feel great. Anyhow, when I drink diet soda I eat sweets far less often. Yes, I do have days like today where I go in mini-binges, but I think that is something completely unrelated to what I drink and more along the lines of my emotional state. But for the most part, it's easier for me to get on and stay on track when I'm on diet soda.

When I'm on track and at my "diet best" I weigh, measure and log everything that hits my lips. I haven't been doing that lately, so for the rest of the week that's my goal.

Hello to Tori and Mike!

Debbie, I haven't been on for 2 days, so I didn't tell see your new thread post until today. You always have the best suggestions and motivations. Thank you for that!

Lynda, congrats on the lb lost!

rainbow24 04-15-2015 02:34 AM

Wednesday goals:
  • Yard work until I can barely stand
  • 500 ml of water every hour to replace lost fluids
  • Low sodium meals

lildebbieg 04-15-2015 08:21 AM

Accountability check in time! Another very successful day....the weekend is just around the bed...can I keep this up? ;)

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues. - yes, Wed. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 72 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues. - 1196 cals., Wed. - 1133 cals
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g., Wed. - 103 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g, Wed. - 120 g.
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g., Wed. - 32 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 min., Wed. 76 min.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes, Wed. - yes

Lisa - Thanks for the compliment. I always try to reflect on how I'm feeling and what I need for motivation....then if nobody else has started a thread yet, I just post what's on my mind. ;) I think that's a great goal to get back to tracking. It is a tedious job, but it really does tell the story doesn't it. As for the diet soda, I'm not sure I buy into the whole notion that it packs on the pounds. I have read articles that say it triggers sweet cravings for some people, but I think if it curbs your sweet craving...well that's a good thing! I've read others studies that say some people think they've saved calories by drinking diet soda so they make up for it in other ways. If it's helping to keep you feeling satisfied, I say go for it! Maybe just keep an eye on the quantity you're drinking though? You could make a deal with yourself...if you're about to have a diet soda, you can only have it if you down a glass of plain water first, then sit back and enjoy your treat! I dunno.....just a suggestion ;)

Epixi - Thank you for the pat on the back! Right back at youlady! Week after week you post your goals and are almost always on point! I certainly hope the scale starts reflecting your hard work. You truly deserve it!

Have a great evening all! I plan to get out for a nice walk with my daughter while she scooters and enjoy this beautiful Spring weather! :D

episode2011 04-15-2015 02:22 PM

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274, 1239
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924, 3935
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491, 1485
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114, 111
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73, 68
    • Monday: Spent some time trying to understand WHY my plan is failing so miserably
    • Monday: Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)
    • Tuesday: More research on why I'm being so unsuccessful, given how well I've stuck to plan
Nothing new/flashy/happy/exciting to report. I'll stop here so I don't sound like a broken record. Hmmmm do you kids today even know what a "broken record" is?

AZLisaLou 04-15-2015 06:38 PM

I didn't log again today. I don't know why. Just distracted I guess...or maybe laziness. Whatever the reason I haven't been doing it since Friday is paying me back by gaining back the nearly 3 lbs I lost last week. How frustrating. I think I'm just really not wanting to get back to weighing and measuring every single molecule of food that passes my lips again. When I used to do it, I didn't mind. I was even obsessive about it. But now, thinking about going back and doing it again, I'm just dreading it.

Epixi and Debbie, you both are doing amazing at reaching your goals this week!

lildebbieg 04-16-2015 12:45 AM

Good morning all :) It was rough getting up to workout before work this morning. I was so tired I actually drank a shot of espresso before my workout! It's going to be a long day! :eek:

Epixi - "Did some reading on Weight-Loss Resistance and the role of exercise in weight loss (it may not be what most people seem to think)"...care to elaborate? I'm curious about what you read. I have heard that it's good to take a few days off from diet and exercise when you're at a stand still/plateau. But only 2-3 days then get right back to business and the scale should start moving again. I think this would work for someone who can get right back to business...other people (myself included) this is a slippery slope to maneuver ;)

Lisa - I too have big dread factor about logging and weighing/measuring every bite. It feels daunting...I know that's part of what kept me from getting back on track. However, as much as I would love to 'eat intuitively', I know that logging and weighing is what will get me back to goal...daunting as that may be. Keep trying....that's all we can do...hopefully it sticks again at some point and we both get back on track...and more importantly...stay on track! All that to say, you are not alone my friend! :)

Have a great day all!

rainbow24 04-16-2015 02:38 AM

Thursday goals:
  • I did so well at burning yesterday that I plan to do it again
  • After piano and groceries - buy healthy stuff
  • Water intake up, especially while doing yard work
  • Continue with low sodium

01gt4.6 04-16-2015 03:16 AM

Thanks epixi and Lisa.

I haven't logged everything so i haven't updated. It's all Tori's fault. She was supposed to be keeping me accountable and staying on my heals and she let me down. Tori, where are you??? Get up, get moving and put down the cheetos!!!

lildebbieg 04-16-2015 08:19 AM

Accountability check in time! Another very successful day....I think I'll actually be down tomorrow instead of up for a change! ;)

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues. - yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 72 oz., Thurs. - 88 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues. - 1196 cals., Wed. - 1133 cals., Thurs. - 1266 cals. (I still call that a win ;))
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g., Wed. - 103 g., Thurs. - 98 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g, Wed. - 120 g., Thurs. - 131 g. (I still call that a win too!;))
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g., Wed. - 32 g., Thurs. - 36 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 min., Wed. 76 min., Thurs. - 83 min.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - Yes :D

Where is everyone? It's kinda quiet around here this week?

ToriD1012 04-16-2015 09:28 AM

I'm here I'm here!! Mike, there have been no Cheetos. MMMMCHEETOS!!!! I haven't gone MIA, just been busy with work. I work a swing shift, Mondays I work first shift, Tuesdays third shift, Wednesday I sleep, back to first for Thursday and Friday and I'm off weekends. It's hard to post on Tuesday and Wednesday because of this. I'm doing decent this week. It hasn't been great, but it hasn't been horrible either.

Goals....
1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly--Yes, Yes, NO
2: limit soda to work only, water at home--Yes, Yes, NO
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard--wasn't great but wasn't horrible either, decent, HAHAHAHAHA we won't go into details...Wednesdays will be a work in progress

I'm doing good so far today. I've just eaten and logged supper. I'm hoping there are no surprise cravings later this evening.

episode2011 04-16-2015 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by lildebbieg (Post 115641)

... Where is everyone? It's kinda quiet around here this week?

I'm here. I was beginning to think perhaps I post too much (I realize I tend to make loooong posts), so I was trying to lay a bit low this week. That along with feeling not-so-chipper because of the stall.

With regard to the exercise comments, I know there are many studies saying exercise is absolutely essential for WEIGHT LOSS (key phrase there). But, there are many equally compelling articles and studies showing it's NOT essential for WEIGHT LOSS. I'm in the second camp and it's nice to know I'm not off my rocker. For me, decades of extensive (and expensive) experience have shown that exercise doesn't contribute significantly to the way my specific body loses weight. The better method for me is diet modification.

Speaking of which, I've been trying to come up with a perfect "diet" food/meal. Anyone up for a challenge? Here we go: Serving size = large enough to satisfy hunger for several hours. Calories, between 250-300. High protein (15+ g). Low sodium (under 200mg). Low net carbs (under 6 -- and the net has to come from fiber, not sugar alcohol). Low fat (and VERY low sat-fat, 1-2g max).

Add to this, it can't contain any ingredient I don't like, so no cheese, no fish, no yogurt, no strawberries, no tofu. No shakes or juices, it has to be chewable (plus, I don't own blender, juicer or food processor). And it has to taste good. Extra credit if I don't have to prepare it -- just buy it, ready-to-eat, although I'm willing to do minimal prep (microwave or toss in the oven). Bonus points if it smells good and is visually appealing (we eat with our eyes and noses, too). An energy bar on a plate just doesn't cut it.

Virtually everything I come up with fails at least one of the requirements. Any thoughts?

episode2011 04-16-2015 03:31 PM

[QUOTE=episode2011;115630]My Strategy for the Week (April 13 - April 19):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274, 1239, 1157
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924, 3935, 3935
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491, 1485, 1461
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15, 15, 15
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114, 111, 99
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15, 14, 10
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73, 68, 69
Carbs are going down, and I suppose many would say that's a good thing. Fiber is going down with it, however. Y'know, I can't be arsed to worry about it anymore. I can't concentrate on everything all at the same time.

*sigh* It feels like nearly everything I enjoy has a "bad" element to it. Too much sodium or too much sat-fat. This week, I've severely limited yet another item that I enjoyed. Sugarless gum. It's low calorie, low sodium and, for me, curbed appetite (in some people, it stimulates appetite). Should be perfect, but it has carbs. Yes, I added every stick to my daily logs, so I wasn't undercounting. Will this elimination make a difference? I don't know, but I had to give it a try. The only enjoyable thing I have left after this is my nightly "daily decadence".

Maybe, once get things moving again, I'll add the gum back.

AZLisaLou 04-16-2015 10:16 PM

Epixi, I don't think there's any kind of meal that will fit all those criteria. Something's got to give. What about if you alternated some of the rules throughout your day of meals? Maybe make 1 or 2 low carb, low sat fat, another make high protein and low sodium? Just a thought. I don't think you post too much.

Debbie, I'm here. I just haven't been keeping up with my one and only goal of logging. And I caved to some cravings. I need to buy and prep more ready to go choices for my days. I haven't had spinach salads for lunch in a long time. That sounds good. On the list for next shopping trip. I need to come with some more ideas before Sunday too.

Tori, your swing shifts sound they would wreak havoc on your sleep patterns. Evening cravings are my worst too.

Mike, come on now. Put on your big boy pants. You can't blame Tori for everything! :p

Sounds like you've been really busy with your outside work as always, Annette. That's a lot of exercise you're getting in!

I woke up from horrible nightmares which are still creeping me out and I was hungry. I almost made good decisions. I made an atkins w/ milk (good decision), but I also ate some chicken enchilada casserole from dinner the other night (questionable decision) but I didn't heap any sour cream on top of it (good decision). I put it on a small plate so it looked like more than it really was. It was gone too fast though. I can't help but love food. ack! why does it have to taste sooooo gooooood??? lol

lildebbieg 04-17-2015 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by episode2011 (Post 115643)
With regard to the exercise comments, I know there are many studies saying exercise is absolutely essential for WEIGHT LOSS (key phrase there). But, there are many equally compelling articles and studies showing it's NOT essential for WEIGHT LOSS. I'm in the second camp and it's nice to know I'm not off my rocker. For me, decades of extensive (and expensive) experience have shown that exercise doesn't contribute significantly to the way my specific body loses weight. The better method for me is diet modification.

Interesting! I agree that it's not a 'one-size-fits-all' approach and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another person. Lucky you that you can lose weight with diet modification only! Unfortunately, I have to restrict calories and workout like a fiend to get the scale to budge. Changing my diet alone doesn't work for me...as well ;) **sigh**

Speaking of which, I've been trying to come up with a perfect "diet" food/meal. Anyone up for a challenge? Here we go: Serving size = large enough to satisfy hunger for several hours. Calories, between 250-300. High protein (15+ g). Low sodium (under 200mg). Low net carbs (under 6 -- and the net has to come from fiber, not sugar alcohol). Low fat (and VERY low sat-fat, 1-2g max).

Wow, that is a challenge! Loooooove a good challenge...I'll see what I can come up with! :D

lildebbieg 04-17-2015 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 115648)
I woke up from horrible nightmares which are still creeping me out and I was hungry.

I can so relate to horrible nightmares and still thinking about them the next day! I suffer from sleep paralysis and have for as long as I can remember. Not a fun thing to experience! In the past year, I finally found some information online about the condition which has at least helped me to understand a little better. For most of my life, I thought I was just 'special'...ya know....special in the way that 'I see dead people' :p ;) Turns out I just suffer from al sleep disorder! Phew! :D

episode2011 04-17-2015 04:42 AM

I've been thinking more about that "perfect" food/meal. Heck, even water doesn't fit the bill (no fiber or protein). I think I've come up with a solution, though:

A personal chef! Let her/him shop, chop and prepare.

However, if that were truly the solution, there'd be no overweight rich people, and we all know that's not the case. Just look at all the celebrity-endorsed weight-loss products.

*sigh* Back to the drawing board... (or I guess, more appropriately, the cutting board). :D

01gt4.6 04-17-2015 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by ToriD1012 (Post 115642)
I'm here I'm here!! Mike, there have been no Cheetos. MMMMCHEETOS!!!! I haven't gone MIA, just been busy with work. I work a swing shift, Mondays I work first shift, Tuesdays third shift, Wednesday I sleep, back to first for Thursday and Friday and I'm off weekends. It's hard to post on Tuesday and Wednesday because of this. I'm doing decent this week. It hasn't been great, but it hasn't been horrible either.

Goals....
1: log it all. The good, the bad and the ugly--Yes, Yes, NO
2: limit soda to work only, water at home--Yes, Yes, NO
3: eat sensibly. no going overboard--wasn't great but wasn't horrible either, decent, HAHAHAHAHA we won't go into details...Wednesdays will be a work in progress

I'm doing good so far today. I've just eaten and logged supper. I'm hoping there are no surprise cravings later this evening.

Glad to see you found your way back. Keep up the decent work.

large enough to satisfy hunger for several hours.... Low net carbs (under 6 -- and the net has to come from fiber, not sugar alcohol).

This reminds me of us car guys. There's an old saying... Dependable, Fast and Cheap, pick two. In other words if you have a fast, dependable car, it's not going to be cheap. If you have a cheap, dependable car, it's not going to be fast.

I don't see how you can have a meal (in that calorie range) and be that low in carb and it's still going to satisfy your hunger. Pick two. ;)

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou (Post 115648)
Epixi,
Mike, come on now. Put on your big boy pants. You can't blame Tori for everything! :p

sure I can. In fact, if I don't, she'll think I'm not feeling well.

ToriD1012 04-17-2015 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 115656)
sure I can. In fact, if I don't, she'll think I'm not feeling well.

how well I taught you to play the blame game.

Things are going well tonight. I'll do a full update tomorrow.

lildebbieg 04-17-2015 01:30 PM

TGIF!!! Seriously!! :p

Weekly Goals
track food daily: Mon. - yes, Tues. - yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - yes, Fri. - yes
min. 72 oz. water daily: Mon. - 72 oz., Tues. - 72 oz., Wed. - 72 oz., Thurs. - 88 oz., Fri. - 96 oz.
max. 1200 calories: Mon. - 1184 cals., Tues. - 1196 cals., Wed. - 1133 cals., Thurs. - 1266 cals. Fri. - 1191 cals
min. 90 g protein: Mon. - 96 g., Tues - 101 g., Wed. - 103 g., Thurs. - 98 g., Fri. - 90 g.
max. 120 g carbs: Mon. - 120 g., Tues - 110 g, Wed. - 120 g., Thurs. - 131 g., Fri. - 123 g (I still call that a win!;))
min. 25 g fibre: Mon. - 25 g., Tues. - 27 g., Wed. - 32 g., Thurs. - 36 g., Fri. - 27 g.
exercise daily: Mon. - 84 min., Tues - 80 min., Wed. 76 min., Thurs. - 83 min., Fri. - 66 min.
reflect on daily accomplishments: Mon. - yes, Tues - Yes, Wed. - yes, Thurs. - Yes, Fri - yes :D

Epixi - I tried hard to think up something wonderful for you, but with the protein that high and the carbs that low...it's nearly impossible! An egg white omelette loaded with veggies would be great...but without cheese...I just don't think that would be tasty! ;) If you haven't already, you should check out Kalyn's Kitchen. She has lots of low carb, high protein recipes....maybe you'll find some stuff you like? Here are some specific links on her site that you may find helpful.

Low-Carb Slow Cooker Recipes

Low Carb Breakfasts

Low Carb Soups

More Low Carb Soups

Hopefully these links don't get taken down before you have a chance to check them out....I guess I don't get what is not an acceptable link here on fitday?

Have a great evening all!

episode2011 04-17-2015 01:32 PM

Mike, Lisa, Debbie: Yep. I've come to the realization that that *perfect* food/meal is just a dream. But can you imagine how rich rich RICH we'd be if we could actually find it??? $$$$$$$

Lisa: Making ready-to-go foods has been my lifesaver. Whenever I cook something that's more than one serving, I try to pack it up immediately in single-serve containers and freeze it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1312, 1274, 1239, 1157, 1078
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 2500mL (10+ 8oz glasses): 3924, 3924, 3935, 3935, 3946
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1442, 1491, 1485, 1461, 1438
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 16, 15, 15, 15, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Carbs = under 150: 118, 114, 111, 99, 91
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 17, 15, 14, 10, 9
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 75, 73, 68, 69, 67
TGIF, Fitday-ers :).

lildebbieg 04-17-2015 01:38 PM

Epixi - You're doing so well on your goals!! Those reds should really just be orange....your nearly hitting every single one Also, when you tried couscous...did you get white or whole wheat? And what did you cook it with? I personally prefer white and cook it with sodium free chicken broth. I think its pretty tasty....just curious how you prepared it?

episode2011 04-17-2015 01:39 PM

Debbie: You and I were posting at the same time, otherwise I'd have done a shout-out to you in the post above. Anyway, thanks so much for the links! I don't know about the link policy either, so I bookmarked the site in case the links disappear.

I actually DO own a crockpot, so a lot of those recipes look doable, especially since crock cooking doesn't require a lot of fiddly time :). And she seems to like lots of meat -- oh, yeah, she's talkin' my language!