Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan >

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan

Community
Notices

Motivation and Accountability Thread - Mar 16-22....Make a plan

Old 03-19-2015, 08:31 AM
FitDay Member

Glad to know it's not just me getting booted off Fitday today. Annoying!

Beth: Thanks for the info on rice. Yams, too (I actually do really like them, plain with no butter, even).

Lisa: Hope the nap helped quell the cravings.

Debbie: I absolutely agree that using the average is a good thing.

Bea: You said, "Well it's a new day and I am feeling motivated. I plan to make it successful!" That's the spirit! I hope things are going smoothly for you!
Old 03-19-2015, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone. So glad to see everyone is so motivated this week. I enjoy reading thru the posts and learn so much- thanks everyone

Lisa- you are doing great and learning what works for you. Stick with it and you will notice that you will feel full longer or want less each time you eat. It has taken me a long time to learn to listen to what my body actually needs and not what I want. It still sneaks up on me when I go too long and let myself get hungry - then I want to eat everything to feel full.

Bea- I don't miss shoveling. We have had a lot of that this winter. Looking for some Spring soon so I can get outside to walk.

Epixi - I will have to try you suggestion on the eggs. I purchased a product over the weekend that you actually crack the egg into these individual plastic egg shaped cups and then boil them. They float on top the boiling water but the egg came out flat on top and they were very hard to clean. Good if you are chopping the eggs - I will try it one more time and spray the cup with Pam. I might make colored eggs and try your suggestion for those.

Debbie- schedules can really have an effect. If I stay in my routine I do well, but the weekends I still struggle. I am thinking of logging only my foods Mon- Fri and just keep within moderation on the weekends. They just get so hectic and with summer coming I don't want to spend time inside.

Beth - good idea about the starchy carbs. For dinner, I have been trying to eat double serving of veg and not a starch.

Tomorrow is weigh in day so will try to be extra motivated today - going to have my homemade veggie soup for supper - very filling and low cal.
Old 03-19-2015, 02:25 PM
FitDay Member

Going down the walk of shame. I ate ice cream. 3 scoops!!! mini binge. I was doing great all day, but Jeff said to get the kids ice cream while I was out tonight. Turns out none of the kids wanted any, but then I already had my mind set on some. Should have done like my kids and just said no. It was my only major slip up this week (I think, if I remember right), so I'm still doing way better than I had been in the previous months.

It's been much easier on me this week not having snacks in the house. I know my family wants them, but it's me who eats most of them when they're in the pantry. I'm going to stop buying them each week, at least until the family rebels against me.

Hoping, praying, planning, for a good weekend coming up.
Old 03-19-2015, 07:55 PM
FitDay Member

My hoping, planning and praying didn't go very far. Relapse disaster tonight. Time for a regroup tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!!

It's Friday! (though it doesn't mean much for me this weekend) I work tomorrow and Sunday- and Sunday's shift is a double cause one of the supervisors quit, so I am in from open to close (I'm already sympathising with my feet

I am back to the daily weighins, because it is a daily reminder of accountability. I do believe everything in life is a lesson, and if we fail to learn it, we are destined to repeat it. As in... losing the same DAMN 15 pounds 3 times over!

Lesson learned! There is no "EARNING" bad choices. Whether I lose a pound or gain 20, junk food or binging will have the same negative affect on my body. I will never earn the right to set myself up for failure..........

On a good day, I would never consider a set up to fail as desirable, soo it is even less desirable on a bad day

Onward and upward (or downward) - I've got this!!
Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 AM
FitDay Member

Hey folks, hold the wagon for a moment -- our buddy Lisa needs to get back on! Here, Lisa, take our hands and will pull you back up .

Do your best not to let one night's activities put a damper on your week. Your goal this week was to battle the binge monster and you've done spectacularly well. Try to look at your trend for the week as a whole.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Strategy for the Week (March 16 - March 22):
  • 7-day Rolling Average calories = 1200-1300: 1200, 1210, 1218, 1208
  • 7-day Rolling Average water/tea, minimum 1500mL: 3423, 3417, 3417, 3556
  • 7-day Rolling Average sodium = 1000-1500: 1118, 1012, 1001, 978
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Sat-Fat = under 15g: 14, 14, 14, 14
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Fiber = 15g or greater: 15, 15, 16, 16
  • Extra Credit -- 7-day Rolling Average Protein = 50-75g: 56, 56, 56, 57
  • Explore! Try something new or do some nutrition-related research at least 2 times:
    • Tuesday: Did some research on sat-fat
    • Thursday: Did more research on stevia (been using it for the last month or so) and on carbs. Will probably tweak the strategy next week as a result (keeping the stevia, dropping, but not eliminating, the carbs).
Had a wild water day yesterday. I don't know what got hold of me, but at about 6pm, I realized that I'd already gotten in my typical amount of water/tea for the day. Since there was still lots more night left, I figured what the heck? Let's do it! So I downed another bottle of water and another 16oz mug of tea (not at the same time ). Total nearly 5000mL in one day. That's a record for me. I'm surprised I wasn't up all night .

Calories were low yesterday, thus my average for the week slipped. Still over 1200 but just barely. I'll have to ramp things up today to keep it there. Problem was, I realized I was low on calories at about 7pm and needed to make a decision:continue eating just to bump up the calorie count? Or pay attention to my body, which was saying "you're not hungry". I chose to heed my body's signals and had a small snack at 10 (when I did feel hungry), which was just enough.

I don't know if it's just coincidence (I assume it is) but the scale settled back down this morning. Bodies are strange, strange creatures. Well, at least mine is...
Old 03-20-2015, 03:16 AM
FitDay Member

Lynda, thanks for the encouragement!!!

Epi, Thanks for the lift up on the wagon with the rest of you!

Bea, I know it's been super frustrating for you to lose the same weight repeatedly (I'm in the same boat!!!), but I think you got it this time. I'm guessing we're going to see some good results coming your way!

I just ate and I'm starving. Simply famished. ugh. It's going to be a long day.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Bea: I'm a daily weigher, too. I know it's not the right thing for many, but I find it works better for me. If things are going to get out of hand, I want to know about it immediately. I accept that there are going to be daily fluctuations (although the pound and a half overnight did frustrate me), but I'd rather know right NOW than to think I've done well and get hit with a nasty surprise at the end of 7 days.

Also, when I don't weigh daily, it becomes once a week, then once a month, then maybe once a year (and that's only because doctors' offices insist on it). And the weight piles back on. Been there, done that, got the tee shirt -- in all different sizes .

Each person has to do what's right for her/him. Daily is good for me.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:36 AM
FitDay Member

If I don't weigh daily, I can't see my mistakes. I know that sounds bad, but if I take in too much salt as in a slice of ham or a snack involving cottage cheese, I can gain as much as 5 lbs in one night. If I don't see it in the morning weigh, I will blissfully do this for days without thinking. After all, my mom raised me to believe that cottage cheese is a diet food.

If I only had to look after me, there would be no ham or cottage cheese in my fridge.

Okay, today is my last day of forced walking on the farm. That also means it is the last day of confused eating.

I won't have time to post tomorrow because I leave my house at 7 am, in costume. I'll probably run through a McDonald's drive through for black coffee and an egg McMuffin. Gotta do it because breakfast has to be on the road and needs to have an egg for protein.

For lunch, I'm planning on packing a wedge of Swiss cheese, a piece of cooked fish, a homemade biscuit, and an apple.

For dinner, which is pot luck, I am bringing a vegetable soup with dried beans as the protein source. I should make a small loaf for myself as well. I don't do well at potlucks because of cross contamination. Probably more so with the ancient grains.

I will have some emergency (safe) granola bars in my van. Along with a decent supply of water.

I hope to post pictures on my website after the event.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Great News! I just confirmed on the phone that my Medicare Part B through my disability benefits will be starting April 1st. That means I will be able to FINALLY get back into therapy! I've got a whole list of mental illness problems to work on, but I really really want to start off by focusing on my eating issues. I think a lot of my problems go hand in hand, and when working on one, I'll be in turn working on the others.

Thankful!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.