Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When? >

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread 1/19-1/25 If Not Now, When?

Old 01-25-2015, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning everyone.

Lisa and Debbie - I hear you. When I was single it was easier to just take care of me. Now I tend to put myself on the bottom burner and there just doesn't seem to be energy left. I really do have the time, but it's the energy to cook separately for me or take the extra minutes to make a healthy snack. I now try to make something that I know I can eat and then supplement the sides dishes for them and I just stick to the main dish and veggies. My husband is a snack-aholic but he has no weight issues as he is very active at work so I keep his items out of sight and that helps. They are his and so I try to ignore that they are in the house. When I am looking for something, I just do not go to that cupboard, like it doesn't exist. It also helps to keep good snack like the fruit and apples in site. I have been taking an apple sliced to work everyday and that is my afternoon snack. I can then avoid the dreaded vending machine- lol

So far been staying on track - not as active so I will have to figure out some exercise that I like and will do. Once the weather breaks, I like to walk and will take the dogs out but I cannot wait another two or three months to get going.
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 AM
FitDay Member

Sunday evening....getting ready for another fun filled week in the salt mines Today I prepped our dinner for tomorrow night and made an Unstuffed Cabbage Rolls soup...both from my new favourite cookbook

Hope everyone had a great weekend and ready to tackle a new week!

Lynda - What kind of indoor exercise do you like? Jessica Smith (you can find her on youtube) is currently putting out workouts called Fit in 15. You should check her out...she's got something for everyone and always shows modifications for different fitness levels.

Lisa - Sounds like you have a good plan for keeping your family happy and keeping temptations to a minimum for you. Not an easy balancing act being a mom eh!?!?!! Hope you had a good day girl

Roxy - Sorry to hear you're struggling with anxiety. I honestly don't know firsthand what that's like, but my sister has suffered with anxiety for years after she suffered a significant loss of her first child. I know you have also suffered great loss in the past year. I think it's a very positive outlook to say "I'm definitely still healing." The fact that you feel you will heal is very healthy and optimistic....in my personal opinion. Hopefully once your partner is back home, you'll feel more at ease.

Bea, Mike, Libby, Vicky, Mern, Annette .....and anyone else I'm missing- HELLO!!
Old 01-25-2015, 10:41 AM
FitDay Member

I had a HUGE win today. It's grocery shopping today. Every Sunday on my way to the grocery I stop at the drive thru and get a large chocolate shake from McD's. Today, I didn't. It was soooo hard not to turn in. But I didn't. Is it super bad of me that I told myself I could have a soda at the store instead? Baby steps, right? I had a 20oz Mtn Dew in lieu of the shake. The soda is about 1/3 of the calories of a shake.

At the store today I only bought plain tortilla chips (no problem leaving those in the pantry. Sara wanted them to make nachos). I got them individual snacks. The 2 younger kids got sour gummy worms, My older daughter got gummy bears (a staple in her life), hubs got p.b. pretzels. I bought the nutella like I planned. I got French bread (that's a snack I can't pass up. I cut a 2-3oz pc and I'm good with that). Other than that I got bananas and oranges. I did good!!!

See you all tomorrow. Ready to have a good week coming up.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Everyone!

I had a much better weekend! No snacks!
Old 01-25-2015, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks Debbie, I know it's situational and that it will pass... as my life moves forward and I get back into the things I love, I feel better. I hope your sister finds peace as well.

Nice job, Lisa! Yes, baby steps. I often bribe myself too, haha. If it works, it works!

Fabulous, Bea

I too had a good weekend. I exercised quite a lot, about 2 hours of walking, 2 hours of biking, and several hours of tidying/organizing/home tasks. I snacked a lot less than normal too, and not necessarily on purpose; just wasn't really feeling super hungry, and I'll take that happily on the rare case it happens :P

Let's have another good week

Last edited by paisleyjane; 01-25-2015 at 01:52 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-25-2015, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

Roxy, I so hear you on the anxiety. It is super tough to actually work through the emotions and feelings. I suffer from extreme anxiety as well, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. The good news is that you are aware of what's happening, how you are not eating your emotions, etc., so I know you will soon find some peace.

Bea, Good job on no snacks for the weekend! That's great!

I had an amazing dinner tonight. Chicken in a burgundy wine sauce with mushrooms, topped with mozzarella and Parmesan, served with rice. The whole dinner was about 1100calories, but since I only eat one real meal a day it was soooo worth it! I went a little over my calorie goal, but I still feel pretty good about my day. Like I said before...baby steps.