Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-07-2015, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I'm not on track, but I'm at least trying to mentally prepare myself for the change coming up. It's hard for me to go from one extreme of eating to the other overnight. Honestly, though, I'm feeling really kinda bummed out about it because I think of all the portion controls that I don't want to do, like small servings and no seconds at dinner. That leaves me still feeling hungry and frustrated. I know I need to get over it and just do the tough things. I've done it before and I can do it again. Deep breath in...I can do this.
Keep your head up, unless it's raining!
Old 01-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mern, the flounder sounds tasty!

Debbie, I like your thinking. Soooo if I make a P&J sammich at home, the J would count as a fruit?
Old 01-07-2015, 12:49 PM
FitDay Member

Libby - So hard to keep the calorie count that low....speaking from experience I did similar to you this evening....I made chicken that I turned into fajita's for my husband and I had the chicken wrapped in large lettuce leaves. It was actually quite good! I topped it with some red onion and cucumbers and mixed some lf mayo and pesto for a dressing. I needed a little something sweet tonight so I'm sipping on low cal hot chocolate with a drop of peppermint extract....so good! You're doing such a good job getting in all that exercise! Keep it up!

Mike - If it's homemade fruit preserves with little sugar and just peanuts pb....you betcha I count the pb&j as a fruit! Oh ya! To make it a full serving though, you'd have to have a lot of preserves though!

K...now I'm really logging off for the evening. I ended up back on here to log the hot chocolate.
Old 01-07-2015, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Wow Debbie, that's tough. I guess I missed it again seeing that the raspberry filled King cake won't count as fruit. I guess I need to tighten up!
Old 01-07-2015, 02:53 PM
FitDay Member

Libby: My sister uses thin-cut cabbage instead of pasta for spaghetti and says she loves it. I prefer spaghetti squash myself.

Mern: That flounder sounds divine!

Debbie: Love hot chocolate myself--I'll have to try it with the peppermint--sounds yummy.

Mike: I hear you loud and clear about the king cakes--I have a friend that makes her own with a praline filling and it is definitely NOT on my food plan. I think just smelling them baking is enough!

I just bought George Stella's low carb cookbooks on QVC a few minutes ago. He's supposed to be really good. Maybe I can get some ideas from him on variety. Supper for me was leftover boiled beef with carrots, cauliflower and snap peas.

They just said that we might break our previous low temp tonight of 20. I know it's cold and very windy. Heading for the Land of Nod! Vicki
Old 01-07-2015, 03:49 PM
FitDay Member

So may good cooking ideas. I came back to add almonds but just a few. Night all.
Old 01-07-2015, 04:23 PM
FitDay Member

grrrr! I had just typed a big long message, and since I haven't been around for a while I forgot to copy my post before clicking to reply because it said I wasn't logged in (when in fact I did definitely log in). ugh. I'll try to make a shorter version...

Debbie, you have a photographic memory or something to be able to remember the things about my eating plan that had been working for me. No, I haven't been having my shakes or home made oatmeal packets, which is probably one of my big problems, and you knew it was and called me out on it.

I decided that I'm not going to worry about counting, weighing, or measuring just yet. I'm going to get back into the habit over the next week or so to eat the things I used to when I was successful...oatmeal, rice with a pat of butter, and atkins shakes w/ milk. And then a regular dinner. I'll log, but i won't worry about the numbers yet. That will naturally follow, I think, after starting to eat the things that have always worked for me.

I've been avoiding the scale. I'm pretty sure that on weigh in day on Friday I will be up another lb or 2.
Old 01-07-2015, 06:09 PM
FitDay Member

I'm back just for a minute. I just got done watching the season premiere of one of my favorite shows "My 600lb Life". It's really motivating and inspiring. If they can lose 3-4 people, surely I can lose 1. See you tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
Wow Debbie, that's tough. I guess I missed it again seeing that the raspberry filled King cake won't count as fruit. I guess I need to tighten up!
LOL! Oh Mike...you are a funny one
Old 01-08-2015, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

All the new diet plans are coming out now and it is so confusing. Good fats?
Good carbs? It's like panty hose, One size does not fit all. I am not a happy camper this morning and I don't know if it is the coffee that I am missing or every thing else that I have cut out of my diet for the last few days. I think I will go back to bed. May be miss grouchy pants will be gone when I wake up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.