Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-06-2015, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

hehehe wouldn't that be a pretty picture

More like staggering between work computer and this one!!
Did I mention how great it is to work from home?? I NEVER need to fight traffic, find a parking spot, GET DRESSED, unlimited coffee as I desire..........

My weekend job is a bit different though .... uniform, dealing with people, supervising young'uns........... I appreciate my cushy M-F geeky job!
Old 01-06-2015, 03:26 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - LOL! Good to know!

Mern - Thanks for the link! I'll let you know if I try any that are good! I can so relate...same recipes over and over cause me boredom as well and I go off the rails. Unfortunately for me, my family are extremely picky eaters so I often just try reicpes for myself. I make them the same thing over and over and try to switch things up for myself. Not usre if I would like to be kept awake by a hooting owl....maybe I'd just like an owl to visit my tree for one night only
Old 01-06-2015, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

1) water... lotsa water. 100 ounces a day yes
2) fruits and veggies. 3 servings per day no
3) workout 3 times no,yes
4) be mindful of my eating no
5) no visiting the ghost (middle of the night eating) no eating
6) make or fix something not yet
Old 01-06-2015, 03:48 AM
FitDay Member

Lisa, I applaud your bravery and honesty. Thank you for the trust you are showing in sharing this. What you are facing is very difficult and I admire you for taking positive steps. Do not beat yourself up if you are not always "perfect." We all do the best we can (except Mike - only kidding, Mike!) Please know that we are here to support you. You can do this, even if it is just a small step at a time. So glad you are here.
Old 01-06-2015, 07:43 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! Look at how many of those who were absent for a while have come back. Looks like this thread is hopping again. I'm going to have a hard time keeping up!!!

I wanted to say thank you to those of you who posted words of kindness and encouragement.

My husband has been laid off since October. He's with the local electrical union and the way it works is that you need 140 work hours/month to keep your insurance going. Anything over the 140 gets put into a surplus bank. So, when you get laid off your insurance still continues for a time. I was going to find a therapist to help me with my eating issues, but I found out our insurance lapses on Jan. 31st. I'll have to wait until he gets back to working I think before I can go the therapy route unfortunately.

In the meantime, I'm going to try to come here every day and soak up everyone's positivity.
Old 01-06-2015, 08:24 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by AZLisaLou
I've been seriously struggling again. I write a blog and the other day I wrote a post about the realization that I think I actually have an eating disorder. Compulsive overeating disorder is what it's called. Binge-Repent-Repeat. That's what they say the cycle is. And that's pretty much what I do. I am too obsessed with food in all ways. I made a decision tonight that I think I am going to find a therapist that may be able to help me with my emotionally charged eating habits. I think I'm going to make some calls tomorrow. Maybe therapy will help with my mental illness as well (bipolar, anxiety disorder, schizoaffective disorder, yea me
Hey there, thank you for sharing this.
I wanted to say that you are not alone, and you can totally do this. I was diagnosed with Compulsive Over Eating Disorder in 2006. I went to an Eating Disorders councilor about it and we worked through a lot of stuff, specifically my core issues (self worth, relationship with parents, social/emotional/spiritual/physical balancing, etc), and I struggled really hard during that time. BUT, I also lost 165 lbs and became healthier in every way, in every part of my life.

Therapy helped me in a big way, and years later - on a day to day basis I don't struggle any more. I know what my triggers are (life stress, feeling unfulfilled in my life/work/relationships, feeling stressed and anxious about things, etc) and not only have I learned the tools to deal, but also how to create a more fulfilling and peaceful life for myself.

That said, I did just put 80 lbs back on in two years, as I was in a very hard and stressful time of my life (was the main caregiver for my mom while she was dying of cancer). The COE habits came back with a vengeance and it took everything I had to muster up the tools and use them.
My brother has bi-polar, my sister BPD, and although I don't have any particular diagnosis, I find I definitely MUST keep a healthy and positive lifestyle in order to keep my moods up.

Good luck, if you ever need an understanding ear, feel free to message me

Roxy
Old 01-06-2015, 12:55 PM
FitDay Member

Will have to catch up with the group tomorrow, but I wanted to post this link for soups and stews that a friend of mine posted on her Facebook page today:

100 Days of No Processed Meals - Crock Pot Style
Old 01-06-2015, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

holy crow group! It's only Tuesday and there are already 5 pages of messages! I feel very overwhelmed with trying to jump in at the middle. I'll try to go back and read through things to get caught up.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Sorry I've been quiet with all the action going on. I had a family emergency and have been super busy.

I did make it to the gym at Dawn's ass crack (aka the ass crack of dawn). Food has been eh. Water, well I have a few more bottle that I need to drink.

It's that time of year again. That time when everyone looses weight and I try not to eat my weight in king cake. I'm sure those that know about King cake can feel my pain. Wish me luck.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all! Like Mike, I was up at dawn's ass crack as well this morning to get in an awesome workout! Feels so good to be back on track!

Mike - I hope the emergency has past and all is well.

Mern - Thanks for the link! I'll have to check it out! I checked out the Rachel Ray links you posted the other day, but unfortunately her recipes don't include calorie counts. I suppose I could figure it out for myself but....I'm lazy! LOL!

Have an awesome day fitdayers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.