Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon! >

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Jan. 5 - 11 - Shooting for the moon!

Old 01-09-2015, 12:01 PM
FitDay Member

-35??!! holy crow. I used to live in the midwest with cold winters, but I'm an AZ dweller now and my blood has thinned out. Yesterday at my daughter's softball game I thought I was going to freeze to death (I was only wearing a T, no jacket, dumb me). I don't know the temp, but I'm guessing 60-65, breezy and little cloudy. With the "wind chill" I'm sure it was lower than 60! hahahaha Seriously though, I was under my covers for 3 hours when I got home before my bones warmed up.

I'm still on track for the day!!! I did take a bite of pork now and again waiting for hubs and daughter to get home from softball practice. But I guesstimated how many oz and I did log in those extra bites. Turns out I did have a bag of frozen broccoli in the freezer so had that too along with garlic mashed potatoes. Oh my lord they were divine.

Trying to not bake anything. I've got thoughts going through my head of cakes and cookies. I'm going to try to wait patiently for my late night shake w/ milk.

Hope your day is going great!
Old 01-09-2015, 12:40 PM
FitDay Member

I did well tonight. DH wanted to eat at a pizza parlor. So I went online and looked at the menu to pre-plan. I ordered chicken wings with no sauce and dipped them in sugar free honey mustard sauce that I made with imitation honey, stone ground brown and yellow prepared mustard. Also toted along my own low carb coleslaw. And indulged in a diet cola.

Vicki, how'd you do at the Mexican restaurant? Wishing your daughter a happy birthday!

Mike you're doing a pretty darned good job on your goals. Get busy with those veggies, though. LOL on the ground up king cake suggestion for Quinn.

Roxy, those savory pancakes do sound good!

Lisa, kudos on the rice with a pat of homemade butter. I've made that before with children--just cream shaken in a baby food jar with just a little salt and it's delicious! Oh, wow--MAJOR kudos on passing up the egg McMuffin and having the willpower to give it to your son! I've been enjoying my own low carb, lower fat "Egg McMuffins" using Hungry Girl Flatout Foldits, zero cholesterol egg blend (like EggBeaters, but I use the store brand) and reduced fat cheese. Sometimes I add a turkey sausage patty or some low sodium ham. And you know what? I enjoy it almost as much as the real thing. You are absolutely right about your win--such a teeny gain with not being on track. Even that could be just a scale fluctuation. You had to be doing something right! I like mashed broccoli with a bit of lowfat cheese, salt substitute, and pepper. Ooh, I'll bet I could add some garlic powder to that to change up the taste. You are inspirational. Thanks. Keep up the good work on your food control and food logging! Way to go! I live in Ohio--where'd you live before in the midwest? My brother moved from Ohio to Florida 30 years or so ago and he gets cold when it dips down to 70 degrees. My heart goes out to you--I do understand how awful it is to be cold. Our temps dipped below zero the past few days with the wind chill. I've been getting cramps in my sides the past few days and finally realized it's happening when I get too chilly, so now I'm wearing a sweater in the house. I told my husband earlier I was turning the thermostat up from 68F to 69F because the air seems to dry to be comfortable at 68. It's not worth it to me to be uncomfortable enough to get cramps to save money--not at my age.

Quinn, OMG, yes, I know who you are! I was sipping on Bea's bottle of wine, I guess, when I typed that. (Ha, ha, Bea!) What a wonderful service your daughter will do to help with the water supply and quality in Africa! I hope the time you'll be out of touch with her will pass quickly. Well, actually the bumper (what I call a hedge) makes a lot of sense to me. I've done something similar a couple times over a shorter time--like just a couple days. I like to dip stuff in hot chocolate. Oh, Lordy, I never thought of mashing a turkey burger. LOL on dipping stuff in coffee. Thanks for the welcome back. So nice to see you again, too.

Last edited by Mern; 01-09-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:46 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, where are you? I hope you don't mind that I blamed my addressing Quinn by the wrong name on tipping the bottle like you. I know you don't drink--I have maybe 3 or 4 light beers a year, but it's more fun blaming alcohol than senior moments. LOL Loved your posting your pic on the Easter Challenge thread. You ought to be very proud of all that exercise you're doing!
Old 01-09-2015, 12:57 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6
-35* Y'all yanks are crazy! There's no way you'd catch me out in that weather!
Ppppsssshhhh! Really...you want to talk cold weather with a an Eastern Ontario Canuck on the boards?!?!?!
Old 01-09-2015, 03:06 PM
FitDay Member

just a quick rant and i'll be on my way. AAaaarrrrrrgggh! I'm craving awfully bad tonight. I stayed on track super well today, and now I'm in danger of messing it up. I specifically want to bake a Dutch butter cake (kind of like shortbread) with cinnamon in it. It's so easy to bake and I'm really craving it badly. Dinner was fabulous but I'm sooooo craving dessert. I hope an atkins w/ milk will take away my pain.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Find an alternative Lisa. I know you can . Have some oatmeal or even some sweetened rice but if you bake a whole cake you're going to want to eat the whole cake. Stay strong..but if you stumble, you know we'll all still be here
Old 01-09-2015, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by lildebbieg
Ppppsssshhhh! Really... you want to talk cold weather with a an Eastern Ontario Canuck on the boards?!?!?!
Fellow Canadian here I have 3 feet of snow in my front yard! It snowed for three days, with a day of power outage, our city plows are running 24/7 and barely keeping up. When I looked outside after the snow I was missing my vehicle! It took nearly 2 hours to unbury the thing (good exercise!).

I do love the snow, and lucky for me, as I live in the Rocky Mountains
It's so beautiful here, and a plus of living in the mountains is that I can dig myself out of the driveway and then head only 10 minutes to some rustic hot springs. Glorious!

LISA - Let us know how you did with the cake/dessert desire, did you go for the cakes or find something different? I have been there 1000 times! Some days are better than others, some days I really show determination, others I cave - depends on how tired, how hungry, how emotional, and how supported I feel. Good luck sister! You're doing great!
Old 01-09-2015, 04:35 PM
FitDay Member

We're back from the birthday celebration for my daughter. Food was great--salsa was fresh with lots of crisp onions and green peppers. I ate only 6 of the chips tonight--usually my hubbie and I alone can munch through at least one basket of chips and sometimes two--so just eating 6 chips was a real victory! My daughter and I ordered the fajita dinner of shrimp, beef, chicken, peppers, onions and tomatoes. I got extra lettuce, added in the fajita veggies, meat, some of the cheese, pico and sour cream to make a type of salad--it was delicious and tasty! I ate none of the tortillas either! Topped it off with only ONE glass of a diet drink and called that a meal. I tried to concentrate on enjoying the conversation with my family and the people around me more so than the food. It was a great night. Vicki
Old 01-09-2015, 06:08 PM
FitDay Member

mern, way to go planning ahead! Sounds like it was a good meal.

Vicki, congrats on the huge win of only 6 chips!! How did you even do that? I don't think I could. Your whole dinner sounds really good. I hope you enjoyed it. We had some leftover pork roast tonight from dinner and I decided I'm going to make pork fajitas with it. Onions, garlic, bell peppers, mushrooms, sauteed until tender-crisp with a little cheese, sour cream and maybe even some avocados. Hearing about your dinner makes me want my leftover dinner even more.

Everyone, I succeeded. I did NOT bake anything. Well, I didn't totally succeed since I had about 360 off plan calories today, but that's still super good compared to even a week ago. I had a handful of chips (weighed and logged) but then to curb the deep cravings I resorted to my trusty Atkins shake w/ milk. It worked! I'm still slightly craving, but it's not a completely overpowering obsessive thought anymore. Hopefully tomorrow will go well too. Good night. Or, by the time you read this, Good Morning!
Old 01-09-2015, 08:36 PM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!!

It is 5:27 am here.

I work (at my second job) on weekends, and quite often I have an 8:00 am start. I will need to shovel and clean the car first.

I'm already showered, sooooo, up by 5:00 am...I was likely in bed Mern

I become absolutely stunned by 10:00 pm or sooner. But I am every night owl's sworn enemy at 5:00 am. I love mornings and am the most productive then.

This weekend job takes some getting used to. I started in October, but itcan still be tough on my feet and back, being on my feet. I supervise at a pharmacy on the weekends. (This pay cheque, goes straight into my travel fund!!)

I'm hoping, concentrating on the lower half, on the bike will help with the weekend work too!

OH!! Mern........ I had a shower with another Lush product this morning. Lush is a company, making handmade soaps etc. This was a shower gel called "Hot Toddy" :P

Originally Posted by Mern
Bea, where are you? I hope you don't mind that I blamed my addressing Quinn by the wrong name on tipping the bottle like you. I know you don't drink--I have maybe 3 or 4 light beers a year, but it's more fun blaming alcohol than senior moments. LOL Loved your posting your pic on the Easter Challenge thread. You ought to be very proud of all that exercise you're doing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.