Motivational Thread - Dec 1-7 Facing challenges

Old 12-01-2014, 02:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default Motivational Thread - Dec 1-7 Facing challenges

I'm going to admit it, I keep hoping someone posts this thread before I get up out on the west coast. I am a leader, but not a natural leader.
Anyway, here goes.

Facing our own personal challenges:

In the daily Weigh-ins, Libby expressed a hint that November had not gone as she had hoped. I know I feel that way. So let's start December on a high note and set goals that are within reach, yet challenging enough to urge us on to higher goals.

I walked 10.25 miles in 6 days last week, so this week I will aim for 5 days and a total of 8 miles this week.
I was reasonable at portioning, but lazy at preparing vegetables, so my focus is on vegetables this week. Getting the 5 serving minimum.
I struggle with the water in the cold weather, so I need to keep tabs on my 2L jug daily.
Old 12-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Awesome job on the 10+ miles!!! Keep up the good work. Where is everyone???
Old 12-01-2014, 08:56 PM
Banned

Hi everybody!

one more holiday passed now 2 more coming up Christmas n NYE

I have to do better this week....going to NYC on Saturday for 5 days oh my
Old 12-02-2014, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

I'm still among the living--though a little worn around the edges from having two very active grandsons for almost 2 weeks--a 4 yr old and an 8 yr old. Thanksgiving was spent with family and friends and food--much food! But I did good at times and stayed with foods on my plan and other times, I wasn't so good! Tonight was the first Christmas dinner of the season and I was able to bypass the dessert table but not the catfish--however, I was able to eat moderately there and nothing at home afterward either. In the morning, I will weigh and will plan my meals for the day. Thanksgiving was just one day and tonight is over. The rest of my life remains and I want to enjoy it without the baggage of extra weight! Vicki
Old 12-02-2014, 10:51 AM
Banned

Vicki, catfish sounds yummy...I luv some seafood
Old 12-02-2014, 01:01 PM
FitDay Member

I believe I've never had catfish.

Walked my first 2.5 miles for the week. It was a lot easier than last week.
I had 2 small bottles water and then half the 2L jug. Still amounted to 2L.
Vegetables - I had a giant carrot (worst veg for me), peas and onions in a brown rice mix. In the end I fell short of 5 servings.
Old 12-02-2014, 05:09 PM
FitDay Member

Weight is down to 296.6 as of this morning--that means I LOST over the holiday! Very unusual for me to do but I'm so glad!

Annette: I drink a lot of water and sometimes I feel 'waterlogged'! Kudos on walking all those miles! How's the weather? Mild, sunny, light breeze here, around 72 or so. Vicki
Old 12-02-2014, 08:50 PM
Super Moderator

Losing over the holidays is a great accomplishment! It's not feeling like December lately.
Old 12-02-2014, 10:14 PM
FitDay Member

Below freezing. Yesterday it was -4C when I got home from my walk. I felt a little warm in all my layers so this morning I still layered, but I went for lighter layers, ending in a vest rather than a fleece hoodie. My gloves have the fingertips free so I can still use my fingers if I need to. Since I didn't have the hood, I wore a toque that my son left at my house.

Today was warmer at -2C. That would be about 28F. The sun was rising to the right of Mt. Baker, but there was little heat in it.

The rain starts again on Thursday. At least I hope it's rain and not snow. I might not want to walk as far in the rain.
Old 12-03-2014, 01:59 PM
FitDay Member

I love Tuesdays, but I really hate them at the same time.

I only planned on a short walk but I made the whole 2.5 miles. That means I have already surpassed the halfway point for my week. Only 3 miles left.

I had 3 small bottles water, so I was short on water for the day.

Vegetables - I am pretty sure that yam cookies and a soggy slice of lettuce and tomato don't count. The yam cookies were homemade, so low salt and low sugar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service