Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work >

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread - Nov 10-16 - Life happens, get up and make it work

Old 11-11-2014, 04:12 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I I have no doubt that you'll be posting to us before your party that you slipped easily into your little black dress.

Glad my menu sounds good to you. I still find it very helpful to post my menus even though right now I'm not logging my food in the nutrition tracker. I'm not going back to tracking unless I have to--like if I'm not losing at all for two weeks. It's such a valuable tool, but it's so time-consuming to log every bite of food. I do have a good handle on what's a good portion size--still weigh and measure my food.
Old 11-11-2014, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

Hello folks! I love reading all your posts but have had issues with being able to post on this thread the last 2 days. Hope this one posts!

Here's my update on the weekend: Grands were over and one was the birthday boy. He expected me to make his dinner and all the trimmings. I did well with cooking and not sampling but I did eat cake and ice cream and neither are on my food plan! I did exercise, drink my fluids and eat my protein/veggies. I reacted to all the drama and confusion swirling around me and even tho' I did some planning, I didn't do enough. Well, life is full of lessons and hope I learned from this one.

My weight is up a pound from last weight but I'm also dealing with other issues. I have a plan in place and here's to working my plan. There's a saying 'If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.' Maybe I need to post that where I can see it often! Vicki
Old 11-11-2014, 04:30 AM
FitDay Member

I've been tracking my foods because my doctor told me to take 2 T. of grapeseed oil/day for borderline high cholesterol. But that's a whopping 240 calories, which I sure don't have to spare. Since I don't use butter or spreads, I can't do it that way either. My pie chart also shows that I'm still high in carbs, but they are mostly vegetables.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:05 AM
FitDay Member

Annette, kudos on the vigilance on taking your meds properly. It's amazing to me how many people read on their meds bottle how many pills and how many times per day, but they don't bother to find out what time of day, with or without food is best. How wonderful that you all got in some well-deserved celebrating. Wow, that's one long list of chores. Think of all the calories that will burn. How'd your waffle turn out? Oh, yum, your menu looks great, too. I have frozen Brussels sprouts and keep forgetting to introduce those to my 14 month old great-granddaughter. She used to love baby food veggies but since moving up to table food she now rejects anything pureed. I've been able to get her to eat only broccoli and mushrooms when I babysit her. I have sneaked pureed carrots into her grilled cheese sandwich, though, and she didn't notice. And she didn't notice the very fine diced veggies I put in her rice dish. Of course she'll eat French fries, but they're basically junk food. I put diced mixed veggies on her plate yesterday individually--first one carrot--plop on the floor without even tasting it. Then one potato--plop; one green bean--plop; one celery--plop. LOL But she doesn't know how sneaky her great-grandma is--I'll win one way or the other. LOL

Quinn, I'm not familiar with the grapeseed oil. I'm taking it that your doc thinks your cholesterol numbers are more important than your scale numbers. Did you or your doc discuss fish oil capsules at only 20 calories per 1000mg? Or did you say you tried that an found it unpleasant? Are you deducting fiber from your carb number to get net carbs? (Newbies, fiber is a carbohydrate that does not impact blood sugar, so you can deduct those.)
Old 11-11-2014, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

After Annette's post about being sure to take her meds properly, I remembered that at age 68, I just learned a couple months ago that we should wait half an hour after eating before brushing our teeth. (That came from a doctor's talk show on TV--my dentist and hygienist never mentioned that.) The reason is to let your saliva help wash away food debris so that it doesn't get scrubbed into your teeth, making you more vulnerable to decay. If one can't wait half an hour after eating to brush, they said to at least vigorously swish water around your teeth and spit it out before brushing.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi, Rosabella. I've been having log-on issues related to my posting. I'm still having them.

Don't you just love having grandkids? I've got seven of them and four great-grandkids. My grands didn't like it when I skipped the cake and ice cream because it's an important part of the celebration to them. So now I indulge, but with moderation. Their birthdays are only once a year--I can cut back other ways, other days. Sometimes we can just do the best we can under the circumstances and get back on track ASAP.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

I swish if I am in a rush.

I am taking 6 different pills a day. The first one is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach. If I miss it, I can live.

The next three pills can be taken together, with or without food, but must be taken every 24 hours. Along with that, I take a half pill that must be taken every 12 hours.

Then in the evening I have another pill that specifies evening and every 24 hours, along with the half pill.

I have alarms set all over my house. 6:15 am for blood sugar and 1 pill, 8:40 am for next bunch of pills, and 8:40 pm for the last ones. If I decide that I want or need to take vitamins, I make sure I take them mid-day. I don't want accidental interactions.

My grandchildren are even harder to feed. Although they don't have the luxury of disliking foods. Too many allergies.

Vikki, I find I have trouble posting as well. I guess it takes too long for me to type out the original post. I right click and copy the post before I submit, then if it says I'm not logged in, I still have everything I typed.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:10 AM
FitDay Member

I forgot. The waffles were horrible. I usually use an egg, which is fat and protein. I used a bit of oil instead. I should have dug out the small packets of frozen avocado and used them instead of an egg.
I'll remember next time.

Okay, tackling my kitchen and laundry.
Old 11-11-2014, 07:30 AM
FitDay Member

Quinn, I'm not familiar with the grapeseed oil. I'm taking it that your doc thinks your cholesterol numbers are more important than your scale numbers. Did you or your doc discuss fish oil capsules at only 20 calories per 1000mg? Or did you say you tried that an found it unpleasant? Are you deducting fiber from your carb number to get net carbs? (Newbies, fiber is a carbohydrate that does not impact blood sugar, so you can deduct those.)

Mern,

I've never taken anything for cholesterol as my numbers weren't that bad. My diet is always pretty clean; just a hereditary issue I've been told. I may replace olive oil with grapeseed and see if that helps. At least it will be something. I've never taken fish oil. I once saw a documentary on the origins of foreign imported fish oil packaged and sold in the US and it kind of grossed me out. lol We do eat salmon and other seafood about 3 times a week though. I don't do a whole lot of cooking with beef or pork, maybe once a week. The other 3 nights are either chicken or vegetarian.

As far as deducting fiber, you're right. If I deduct those, I'd be pretty close. I love squash, rutabaga and bananas which always get me in carb trouble.

Still totally snowed in! ARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! LET ME OUT!!! Hahaha! The county still hasn't plowed my road which has about 12-14" on it, too much for my Terrain even with AWD. I feel like I'm in jail! I haven't left the house, other than walking, since Sunday night. I have a can of Hershey's cocoa powder in my cupboard that is begging me to make warm, gooey brownies!!!
Old 11-11-2014, 07:33 AM
FitDay Member

To those of you losing your posts....

Before you hit "Post Quick Reply", copy your message, as in copy and paste. Then, if you do get that log in screen, you can just paste it in a new message box. It is one of the glitches that still needs to be worked out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.