Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29 >

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 23 - 29

Old 06-26-2014, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Wow! It sure is quiet here this week! Where is everyone?

Jenai - Awesome job on getting back to your workouts after having to rest up with your back! It can be so hard to find that motivation to get back at it after having to take some time off. You should be so proud fo yourself! As for what I eat to get those macros...here's an example of what I ate on Monday.

Breakfast: 1 serving 0% Greek yogurt topped with 1 cup of frozen raspberries (stir it up and it's like raspberries ice cream...a yummy sweet breakfast!)
Lunch: a large green salad (lettuce, cilantro, green onion, green peppers) with 3 oz. cooked, shredded chicken breast with a homeamade Balsamic Honey Mustard dressing
Snack: 2 cups edamame in the shell
Dinner: 2 steamed Haddock fillets cooked with lemon and fresh herbs with a side of 10 asparagus spears and two sliced tomatoes
Snack: a small bowl of strawberries (about 8-10) with an herbal tea

I get my protein up by eating protein at most meals and keep the fat low by not adding in any extra fat. My fat was up a little yesterday because I used a salad dressing that had olive oil in it....but overall the macros where still quite good. When you see the numbers of 807 cals, it sounds like I'm barely eating, but as you can see I eat plenty...3 meals and 2 snacks.

Libby - Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well last night. Hopefully after a night's rest, you feel better this morning. What do you eat in a day to keep your calories under 1000?

Accountability Update:

Daily Goals
96 oz. water - Mon. 104 oz., Tues. 96 oz., Wed. 96 oz.
40/40/20ish macros (P/C/F) - Mon. 50/38/12, Tues. 44/44/12, Wed. 39/36/25
Stay under 1200 cals - Mon. 807 cals, Tues. 892 cals., Wed. 1040 cals
Burn 500 cals minimum - Mon. 508 cals, Tues. 590 cals., Wed. 633 cals
8 hours of sleep - Mon. 7.5 hours, Tues. 9 hours!!, Wed. 8 hours
Weigh in on Mondays - Mon. yes

Have an awesome day everyone!
Old 06-26-2014, 12:41 AM
FitDay Member

Eating too much, I guess, have gained weight and can't seem to shake it. Tired of dieting......
Old 06-26-2014, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Goals:
1) strrretch daily Y, Y
2) control eating _ noooo Y, N
3) short walk 3x this week - N Y, N
4) 6 glasses water - ? N, ?
5) Spanish - si, si N
6) work, no matter where - meh yes, yes
7) meditate - N Y, N
8) get rid of 5 papers or 3 items - way more, Y, N
Old 06-26-2014, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I get headaches when the air pressure changes.Yestrday I didn't sleep well and got up late so had breakfast and lunch together.

Breakfast lunch: coffee with 2% milk, sweet cherries, raw almonds,
Snack: orange
Supper: fish, sweet potato fries, mixed vegetables with broccoli, edamame, black beans, red pepper,pearl barley and onion. grapefruit juice.
8 glasses of water.

Today I will try to keep my calories low again.
Old 06-26-2014, 07:37 AM
FitDay Member

Yesterday I had big salad for lunch (almost cobb salad but minus bacon and ham). Had some crackers mid afternoon. Humidity makes me not want to eat much. My carbs were way under for the day. Haven't stepped on the scale since Sun so I will check tomorrow.
I did too many carbs for breakfast today but did get a walk in this morning. Didn't get the grass cut because I thought it was going to rain. Have been working on some writing.
Jenn
Old 06-26-2014, 09:17 AM
FitDay Member

Here I am--back TEN POUNDS heavier than my last weight I recorded around MAY 9--yep, in that short amount of time.

Surprisingly, even with exceeding my calories and hardly exercising at all, through diet and no meds I still managed to keep my blood sugar reversed from pre-diabetic to normal (since 2011), raise my HDL "good" cholesterol, and reduce my LDL "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides. Doc attributed my good blood test results to making good food choices the majority of the time and being faithful to taking my fish oil capsules. But, of course, she told me I need to get on the stick and start exercising more and not eating in front of the TV.

So it's time to chuck the excuses, lose weight and get more exercise.

Yep, it the accountability I run away from when I'm absent from here--each day procrastinating that I'll get back on track soon.

I know what to do and how to do it and Doc tells me she knows I've done it before and can do it again. So I restarted today.

Last edited by Mern; 06-26-2014 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:58 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome back Mern! You've been missed lady! Sorry to hear you've had a bit of a set back...I have as well....in fact I think we all have from time to time, so its all good! I know you'll do what you need to do to get back on track.

Jenn - Hope the scale is good to you tomorrow! You deserve it!

Libby - How are you doing keeping the calories low today?

I just finished another awesome workout. It feels good to get a good sweat on again after having been sidelined with my shoulder/back. It's still not 100% though, so I need to just keep to cardio right now...no weights!

Off to cook dinner...tonight is breakfast for dinner...omelettes! DH is out playing soccer tonight so it's just me and the kids so I'm keeping dinner dimple. With my omelette, I'll have a big side serving of steamed broccoli...now carby toast for me!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:26 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, doesn't it feel good to get back to exercising after an injury? My back is a little touchy today after doing mine last night. Hope your shoulder stays strong! You've been kicking your goals in the a$$ this week!

Libby, hope your headache is gone.

Hope, keep up the good fight. Down get too discouraged. Maybe you need to shake things up a bit. Maybe it would help your eating plan if you found some new and different things to add to your rotation to keep you interested? You can do it!

Jenn, I hope the scale rewards you for your hard work tomorrow!

Mern! I've been wondering where the heck you were! so you've had a few stumbles with your weight, but your labs and numbers seem to still be doing great. Just jump back in the saddle with some more movement. You must be making good food choices if your reports came out so well. So good to have you back! You've been missed!

My back is a little sore this afternoon, and I don't know if I over did my exercise last night or what. I think I've figured out why my calories have been higher these past few days and why I've been feeling more hungry than normal. It's that TOTM a full week early, so it really threw me off. Between my back feeling a little sore and having cramps and exhaustion I don't know if I can make myself exercise or not. I just don't know. Feeling poopy.
Old 06-26-2014, 11:48 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for the welcome back. I love your profile photo! Thanks for your encouragement. I know you'll do what you need to do to reach your goal, too. Great job on the workout. Glad your shoulder/back are doing better and that you have the good sense to not overdo it. Breakfast for dinner is great and broccoli goes so well with omelets.

Jenn, best wishes on your weigh-in tomorrow. Kudos on your walk this morning and on getting some writing done.

Libby sorry about your headaches and lack of sleep. Thanks for posting your menu yesterday. Wow, that is quite a healthful supper you had--any doctor or nutritionist would praise you for that! Well done!

Hope, hi! In view of my weight gain my doc wants me to work on your number 2-control eating. I do really well during the day, but do a lot of mindless eating in front of the TV in the evening--and too much of that has been junk food. She wants me to snack in the kitchen away from the TV with only healthful snacks. Healthful snacks are not a problem for me--I just have to plan ahead or make ahead in order to avoid eating junk. But I decided today I'll allow myself to have a healthful low carb protein shake in front of the TV because when I drink that I always think of the good nutrition and low carbs in it. You know this already--we gotta think of our food intake as a lifetsyle change rather than as a diet, though. Because if we go back to eating the way we used to, we'll just gain it all back again.

Hi and hugs to everyone else. DH needs the computer. I'll be back tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:13 PM
FitDay Member

Hope!!! - Gaaaah!!! So sorry I missed your post earlier! I gotta stop doing that! I know what you mean with the 'tired of dieting' comment. It does get tiresome at times and it's damn hard to keep motivated. Just go easy on yourself and try to ride out these feelings. You'll get your mojo back! I second Jenai's advice to shake things up! I think part of the reason I recently derailed was lack of variety in my diet. I'm trying some new things this week...with some success... Just take a deep breath, brush yourself off, allow yourself to feel these feelings.....then kick em to the curb and show em what you're made of! Sending you cyber hugs! Hang in there buddy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.