Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Community
Notices

Accountability and Motivational Thread - June 9 - 15

Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 AM
FitDay Member

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the concern.

I have been very quiet the last couple of days and not done anything. I am not sure if my tiredness is just an excuse to be a lazy ass or not. I do feel better, and I do think I'll go to the gym this evening.

The gym for 2 reasons:
Climate controlled!
and, if I do end up feeling wonky, I can stop and not have to worry about walking a km or more to my car

I think I am ok, but that really was scarier than I let on and especially the sheer exhaustion I felt Tues, and to a bit lesser degree, yesterday.

I have not kept up the ab challenge, I'll see how tonight goes and may reintroduce it back tomorrow!

Thank you for being concerned, it makes me feel valued and important
Old 06-12-2014, 05:41 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, If it happens again, have some one take you to Emerg right away.
It;s better to have it checked out when it's happening. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 AM
FitDay Member

Bea - Glad you're feeling a bit better and I agree with Libby, if it should happen again get to the hospital and have it looked at right away! It may be easier for them to detect what is happening at the time you're experiencing the symptoms.

Libby - Glad to hear you're back in the saddle buddy

Terri - I'm here cheering you on! I hope that darn scale finally budges for you tomorrow!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:07 AM
FitDay Member

Debbie, I hadn't thought about the fact that I had eaten a lot of sodium, so I went and looked at the nutrition breakdown for the last couple days. Although the soup and crackers, for as much as actually went into my servings, wasn't that high, it turns out that everything from my whole day contributed to a 1000mg surplus of RDA sodium for each of the past 2 days. I didn't realize I was having that much sodium. Today I am doing better. My sodium will be 200mg over RDA for the day. Not great, but way better than 1000mg! My Atkin's shakes (I have 2 everyday) account for 300mg each. Then there's the cheese and milk I love so much. I'll have to pay better attention to that! Thanks for pointing it out. And I hope that the massaging and stretching helps your shoulder.

Bea, I'm with Libby...if it happens again, go to the ER. But don't drive yourself like that!

Libby, so glad you are feeling positive again. I am too, so I know what a drain it is to feel bad.

Terri, good for you for getting up, moving, and completing your exercise.

I've tried doing my Slim in 6 workouts in the morning, and super late at night. Both times I felt really sick, dizzy, nauseous, etc. and it took a long time for it to pass. It seems the only time that I can comfortably get my workouts done is in the evening about an hour after I eat. Unfortunately, that's not always possible. I'm going to try to stay motivated and do whatever I can to get the workouts in. On the Team Beachbody website there is a place where you can track your workouts. On the calendar, the days that you exercise, it shows the day in red. I looooove seeing lots of red boxes on my calendar!

Also, my midnight attempt at the Start It Up workout had my muscles so weak so fast for some reason. Much more than normal. I couldn't finish all the lunges, and the squats, which usually burn but I can do them...I couldn't do them all, and after what I did do my legs felt like spaghetti for quite a while. Maybe I'm going deeper into the moves? (I'm trying to.) Or maybe it was because I was out of energy? I had an Atkin's shake with milk a little while before I tried the workout, thinking that the protein (almost 15g worth) would help. But I still felt sick. Any ideas?
Old 06-12-2014, 09:06 AM
FitDay Member

Hey Jenai I'm glad me pointing out the sodium helped. I always hesitate when given (what I intend) to be positive criticism. I would never want to overstep...ya know It's funny because when people talk 'diet' it seems sugar is the devil...which it can be to a point...but sodium is the side kick then! It's so bad for us....although it does certainly add flavour to a dish. I do use salt when cooking, but when it comes to anything packaged, it's a great idea to check the label.

A suggestion for you as far as fueling up before a workout...you may want to try a light carb rich snack...like a half a banana or half a sandwich and save your Atkins protein drink with milk for after your workout. The carbs in your preworkout meal will help to fuel your workout and the carbs in the milk and protein in the shake will help your muscles recover after the workout. Give it a try and let me know if it helps!
Old 06-12-2014, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Today was a good day. I ate tons of vegetables and am quite full for not a lot of calories. Tomorrow is weigh in day and I know it won't be good but it will get better.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:40 AM
FitDay Member

Well I went to the gym this evening

All was good. I really pushed it, but am no worse for the wear
Old 06-12-2014, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Bea, I am so glad to hear that you were able to exercise and are feeling fine.
Old 06-12-2014, 03:03 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, thanks for the suggestion. I have found that about 45 minutes after dinner is the best time for me. But if I do need to workout at a different time of day if my schedule gets messed up or something, I will try your advice.

Libby, even if it's not what you were hoping for this week, if you keep with your plan you will get there. Keep truckin' on!

Bea, glad to hear your workout went without a hitch this time!

I got my Slim in 6 workout done tonight. I am a little disappointed in myself that I missed so many days and am back doing Start It Up again. But, on the other hand, it is still a workout that is kicking my butt because I am trying to kick higher, lunge lower, etc. I think my non-existent ab muscles might be doing something because when I'm doing crunches (oblique and regular) I'm feeling it more in my abdominal area. Before I was pulling with my hands, shoulders and neck and my neck was getting strained. Today I noticed that I'm pulling from my gut a little more and not relying on my hands and neck as much. Good news, huh? I think I will try to get back to Ramp It Up on Monday.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's weigh-in. I haven't lost an ounce this week. In fact, I might have gained a half lb.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:23 PM
FitDay Member

Goals:

1) Drink 5-6 glasses H20 per day (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, T/Y
2) Eat 4-5 meals per day (M/Y, T/N, W/Y, Th/N
3) workout 5x week (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, Th/Y
4)Do Ab Challenge (M/Y, T/Y, W/Y, Th/Y
5) Lose 1-2 lbs for Friday weigh in

Day 11 Ab Challenge done. I have vacation starting next week. I'm nervous I'll backtrack again. One thing I am determined to do exercise-wise while I'm gone is to finish the Ab Challenge though.

Libby- I'm glad to hear you're back into the swing of things.
Bea- Also very glad to hear you're doing ok.
Jenai- congrats on getting back to your exercise shows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.