Notices

Motivational Thread May 19-25

Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

Will not be a good day foodwise since tomorrow is shopping day. Ended up having pasta for lunch since we had that in the cupboard.
Will get some exercise in this afternoon.

Jenn
Old 05-21-2014, 12:05 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Will not be a good day foodwise since tomorrow is shopping day. Ended up having pasta for lunch since we had that in the cupboard.
Will get some exercise in this afternoon.

Jenn
Yep. the last day before groceries slump. Hope it was not KD.
Old 05-21-2014, 12:08 PM
FitDay Member

A great day. Gym before work. Water, tea and lunch goals met. Went for a walk after work with some neighbours and taught them how to pick fiddleheads (that part didn't take long). Lunch packed for tomorrow. Now yoga and bed early. It's 9pm here.
Old 05-21-2014, 04:37 PM
FitDay Member

Jenn, the day or two before grocery day is truly awful! My kids especially hate the weekends because of that. I don't do the shopping until Sunday. I hope you found something!

Robin
, sounds like you had a very good day!

Got my Slim in 6 done for the day. Still only did up to the halfway point of the first DVD, but it is getting easier in stamina. I still can't stretch as high/far, kick my legs as high, as deep on the lunges or as fast on most of the moves. So I'm wondering, should I move on with the video, or should I keep doing the first half until I can do more of those things? The second half is using resistance bands, and I just know that's going to kick my butt! lol

Calories good today. Having another low day. Just under 900, so I'm doing about 1300/day avg for the week since last weigh in. The Atkins shakes are coming in real handy. Not a ton of calories, even with the cup of milk I add, and they have a lot of protein and fiber.

For breakfast I had a shake with milk and a small apple, sliced, sprinkled with 1 tsp sugar and a dash of cinnamon. Covered and microwaved for 1 minute so the apple is crisp/tender with a side of 1 Tbsp of peanut butter. Sooooo delicious! Protein was 22.8 and fiber was 11.2. Calories for everything was 406 calories, which is high for what I normally do, but I think it had good nutritional value. It was so good, in fact, that it's going to make my regular rotation of breakfasts.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:06 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai I like your breakfast idea. I usually do a protein shake but the apple idea sounds like something I could do for a snack anytime during the day.

I seem to be on hold. Hard to get motivated to get strict on my diet when I start holidays next Thur. I think I will focus on maintenance for the next 3 weeks. I need to put up a few reminders to get back into fitday as soon as I get back. I do plan on weighting in the day I leave and hope to be busy enough not to gain.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:51 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
Got my Slim in 6 done for the day. Still only did up to the halfway point of the first DVD, but it is getting easier in stamina. I still can't stretch as high/far, kick my legs as high, as deep on the lunges or as fast on most of the moves. So I'm wondering, should I move on with the video, or should I keep doing the first half until I can do more of those things? The second half is using resistance bands, and I just know that's going to kick my butt! lol
Sounds like you're doing great with the new workout Jenai! If you're not doing everything 'perfect' just yet, that means you have room to grow with the program and you'll improve over time. I say go for it! Incorporating the second half may be tough at first, but that's the point right? As they say "If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you"
Old 05-22-2014, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Debbie: I do Beachbody TurboJam One day I'd like to graduate to TurboFire. I've always wanted to try P90x or Insanity, but I always worry because I have a bad ankle and a lot of the moves they do on those (hopping up and down) are bad for the ankle, even with a brace on. I know things can always be modified. I might just be a chicken, but I do often roll my ankle working out even with brace/modifications.

Jenai: Those cottage-cheese-and-egg omelettes actually sound pretty yummy! I actually can never eat cottage cheese, the texture just makes me gag, but maybe in something like that it would be good. A lot of the low-fat cheeses are fairly high in protein - nothing like meat, but still, something to get it into the diet. Aching DOES mean something is happening - make sure to drink water and stretch those muscles out if they're sore!!! You go girl!!

I agree with Debbie - give that second half a try. You might need to pause it a couple of times but you'll feel really great that you got it done!!

Robin: You remind me that I'm always wanting to add green tea in during my day and I never do. Maybe I'll make that a goal soon!!!

Libby: Ooooh, I'm a crafter too (although I sew) and I'd love to see a pic of your quilt when you finish it!

Mary: We're here for you when you need us!!!!!!

As for me: I have no excuses for not getting my exercise done in the past couple of days. I'm stressed about my Chicago trip coming up tomorrow (I don't want to go) and I have been moping/sulking about it. I still can feel the stress of it looming today, but I'm going to pop in my DVD as soon as I'm finished checking in here and get some exercise done; hopefully it will lift my mood a little bit. I'm terrible when I'm stressy, I just turn into a toddler again, wanting to stamp my foot and say NO, and hide under a blanket. When was I supposed to grow up again?

Week goals:

1) Log everything M: yes T: yes W: yes
2) -4,000 calorie deficit M: -8 (off to a great start...) T: -592 W: -439 Total: -1,039
3) Workout 4x this week. 5 would be great. Follow Turbo schedule M: day off T: no W: no
4) Water 72 oz per day M: yes T: no W: yes
5) Protein 25-30% of calories, daily and weekly M: 12% T: 10% W: 22% Average: 14.67%

~Terri
Old 05-22-2014, 07:58 AM
FitDay Member

OMG...is it already Thursday???

Goals:
1. work out 3 x week (M/Y, T/N, W/Y, Th/N
2. Drink 4-5 glasses water per day (M/Y, T/Y, W/N, Th/Y
3. Log food daily (M/Y, T/Y, W/N, Th/Y
4. lose a pound this week...we shall see...

Memorial Day weekend coming up, so I will try to be good. I'm afraid that I am getting this terrible cold all my family has come down. I always get it last....sore throat last night and this a.m....I took some airborne to try to cut if off before it gets bad. We shall see...

Jenai- I like that apple idea. I will try that. I say go for it on the next workout level too btw.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Tonight my daughter is graduating from high school. Out of 350ish students in her Senior class, she is one of the top 5 graduates. Not top 5%, Top 5 people! I'm sooooo dang excited. My eating has been good today. I was mulling around the idea of getting take out for dinner since we have to leave at 6:30, and I was concerned about getting everything done. But I managed to pull together some bbq chicken sandwiches for the family (I just had two little thin slices of chicken in sauce with no bread). AND I didn't want to exercise either. At all. But I worked through my laziness and pushed play. I did the first half again. I'm getting way better at it but the lunges still kill me. lol I'm planning on starting to work through the 2nd half as well maybe this weekend but by Monday for sure.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:15 PM
FitDay Member

Eeeesh! Made some bad decision today! My daughter had dance photos so after school it was a real rush to get her dressed (in her first of two costumes!), makeup on and hair in a tidy bun...not to mention get some food in her belly! By the time I got her to the studio I realized I hadn't had anything. I had a bottle of water and a turkey sandwich on pita....followed by a bag of chips! My period showed up 3 days early and I'm in munchies mode!!! My guess is I wont have a good weigh in tomorrow...we shall see!

Aimee
- Hop you're not sick...especially on a long weekend!

Terri - I hope your stressy mode disappears and you're able to enjoy your Chicago trip

Mary - Enjoy your trip! Maintenance is half the battle right! If you can manage that while traveling on vacation, I say you're ahead of the game!

Robin - K, you've got to explain fiddleheads to me. I see them in the stores right now...where do you pick them? How do you prepare and cook them...season them...eat them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.