FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Motivation and Support (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/)
-   -   Motivational Thread May 12-18 (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/motivation-support/11002-motivational-thread-may-12-18-a.html)

taubele 05-14-2014 03:13 AM

Mike, that's gorgeous! I am a HUGE fan of lighthouses. My grandfather always loved them and we spent summers near them, it's a big family/comfort/serenity thing for me. Looks like gorgeous weather too!! Thanks! Keep it coming! :D

libby116 05-14-2014 10:02 AM

Hi all. I haven't posted lately because I didn't want to bring every body down with me. My only goal this week is to get caught up on reading and get into a better frame of mind.

Mike, lovely photos.

jjrudd 05-14-2014 10:04 AM

Not a good day food wise--too many carbs.
Libby I have had a couple of days lately where things have not gone well--to put it mildly. Hang in there.

lildebbieg 05-14-2014 10:20 AM

Struggling...clawing...trying to get back up that mountain...still slipping! I know...I'm such a drama queen! :p Seriously though, still trying to keep motivated and get back on track...AGAIN! :rolleyes:

canary52 05-14-2014 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 108286)
More later, I feel your pain. I'm waaaaaaay up. See most people complain about how they gained weight AFTER getting married. My plan was to pack it on before hand. :eek:

Well you got her. Now you can pack it on lol. At least you posted goals.

canary52 05-14-2014 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by libby116 (Post 108295)
Hi all. I haven't posted lately because I didn't want to bring every body down with me. My only goal this week is to get caught up on reading and get into a better frame of mind.

Mike, lovely photos.

Awww, Libby. I hope things get better soon. You can kvetch to me; I'll "listen."

JediMindTricks 05-14-2014 05:10 PM

2 days ago I was down to just under 246. Now I'm up at 249.2 again. And I didn't even eat out or over eat or anything! :( Frustrating.

aimeet_1 05-14-2014 05:52 PM

I'm sorry to hear so many are struggling. I have been as well, but -like you guys -have been trying to push through.

Maybe a couple quotes to help us along?
“It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.”
― Confucius
“Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.”
― F. Scott Fitzgerald
“If you are going through hell, keep going.”
― Winston Churchill

And my goals update:
1. Log foods daily (M/N, T/Y, W/Y,
2. Drink 4-5 glasses water daily (M/N, T/N, W/Y
3. Workout/gym 3-4 times week (M/Y,T/N, W/Y
4. Stay under 1400-1500 calories daily (M/y, T/Y, W/Y

canary52 05-15-2014 12:20 AM

Goals (some borrowed) from: ( technically starting Tuesday but will log for M)
1) 6 glasses of water: y, y, 8 glasses and I think it helped!!!
2) mindful eating:Y, y though too much I guess yes in terms of what I ate but no in terms of how ( distracted)
3) mindful speech: y, y no, talked too much
4) stretch: y, y, y
5) walk or gym 2-3 x: N yes and danced at Bruce Springsteen show no
6) thro out 5 pieces of paper or 3 items: N Y,Y
7) lose a pound at least: N, N - gained weight, WHAT???, GAINED MORE, HUH????
8) 1288 calories max: N, N, Y

Finally lost a pound and a half!!!! Ate a lot less. AND drank 8 glasses of water and I think it helped. I don't like drinking water so here's my tip. I got one of those 8 oz. mini bottles and kept filling it. For me, it worked because it didn't seem like I had to drink so much. Also thank you, Mary (Kumochi), who told someone about going on weight goal and finding out how many calories you need to cut to lose. Good tip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally, I cut my insult to Mike because though I figure he knows I'm joking others might not.

simplybea 05-15-2014 02:04 AM

Hi Everyone,

This thread certainly took a trip south by the end of the day yesterday. Let's see if we can keep it from totally derailing!

I am on track to hit the 50 pound mark loss, for tomorrow's weighin! .2 away, which I intend to blow right past!

I have a friend who is occasionally tagging along on this journey with me, and while she is far less obese than I am, she is much less healthy with all kinds of medical issues.

She believes weighing/measuring and counting calories is too much work!
She is also not having any success, and if anything sliding.

I keep trying to think of what I can say or do that will flick the switch for her, but I'm failing miserably!

I see some key things, but the most notable, I am realizing, is she will say "I am going to TRY to........(fill in the blank)" I say "I'm going to........."

I think the word "try" implies the option to fail.

So for today and "to infinity and beyond!!!", unless it is something, I seriously do not know if I can do, "try" is stricken from my vocabulary!

I WILL be keeping my calories to 1100-1300 today
I WILL diligently watch my sodium today
I WILL do the 2.6 km boardwalk in 36 minutes today, but I am going to try to make it in 35 :)
I WILL be 50 pounds lighter than I was on January 10 of this year, by tomorrow's weighin :D and I am sooooooooooooo freakin excited by it!

Sunshine, rainbows, and fluffy bunnies for everyone!!

Whether you think you can or you can't, you are correct!