Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on >

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Community
Notices

Motivational Starting May 5, The wagon awaits, jump on

Old 05-08-2014, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

Debbie, Libby and Mern, it seems like you three all had a pretty good day.

Kwest, welcome to the group!

I'm doing well on calories. I was thinking that I was way too low 800 one day, 1000-1100 3 days, and right on target at 1300 on day. Today looks like I'll end up at another 1100 day too. But last weekend I went crazy overboard and probably (because I didn't log and don't know for sure) ate as much as 2500 both days. So if I had 1 super low day, 2 really high days, and a few middle of the road days, isn't that just calorie cycling? I averaged 1600ish/day over the course of the week. That's not bad. I don't feel as bad eating too low some days now.

I have my 21 Day Fix packaged up and ready to go back tomorrow. I tried the Yoga Fix workout today and it was a complete joke. There is no way on God's green earth I can do those things yet. After watching the infomercial on YouTube, which was way more in depth than the 2 minute ad on their website, I decided that Slim in 6 looks like the right program for me. I thought I might get bored with it, but there are 3 fitness levels and several different workouts. Now I feel GREAT about my decision, and I can't wait til it gets here (about a week).

I almost clicked Purchase on the Power90, but when I mentioned it to someone on FB at the point right before clicking, they said the P90 is just as difficult as the 21DF. And after watching the YouTube videos I agreed. Glad I checked one more time with people before clicking! Thank you Debbie for sending me the links you did. At first I didn't think I would like it, but like I said after watching the infomercial on the different levels and stuff I decided it would be best after all.

Have a good night everyone!
Old 05-08-2014, 11:12 PM
FitDay Member

Shame on me! I made a big mistake yesterday, bought some tasty but not healthy things and surely could not keep my greedy hands off! I'm up half a pound this morning, deeply ashamed and determined NOT TO OVEREAT today!!! I think I'll be listening to some weight loss motivational mp3 tonight again
Old 05-08-2014, 11:44 PM
FitDay Member

I have a day off today--didn't have to get up to the alarm clock at 7AM to let my grandson in because my daughter took a day off work to chaperone his class field trip. (We take care of him before and after school and provide his transportation to and from school.) So naturally I woke up a whole hour early at 6AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Perhaps my brain was telling me I'd enjoy more ME time in the quiet of the early morning before sunrise with the cool breeze coming in the window by the computer.

Bea, on second thought, going low sodium on Thursdays to try to "fool" the scale for Friday weigh in actually reflects more of our TRUE weight. We don't want to weigh excess water from too much sodium! It's actually the other way around--your scale fools YOU when weigh your excess water retention from too much sodium. I'm delaying my Friday weigh in until 9:OO because I try to weigh at the same time every morning. I don't eat or drink anything before I weigh, either--not to fool the scale, but I don't need to also weigh the food and drink I consumed that hasn't been processed by my body yet.

Jenai, I think you're right. I read that changing up the calories or calorie cycling is supposed to encourage the body to not go into starvation mode and hang on to every calorie when we go below 1200 per day. I hope Slim in 6 works out for you. I have several exercise videos and keep going back to my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs (by Leslie Sansone) DVD because I like the instructor, know the steps, and it has a mile indicator to let me know how much torture I still have left. LOL All kidding aside, it's the best one I have found for myself for my age and weight and gives me a really good workout with no steps that I can't do. Feeling great about your exercise choice is really important. My doctor suggested that instead of doing 30 minutes of exercise five days a week I should shoot for 150 minutes per week HOWEVER I can get it in. So if I feel up to exercising five more minutes one day, I can shave five minutes off another day that I don't feel like doing it. Or if I do 20 minutes in the morning, I can make up 10 minutes at night or on a scheduled day off. I took her advice and am now achieving my exercise goals, so feel better about myself and, although I still detest formal exercise, I find it more doable than before.

Last edited by Mern; 05-08-2014 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:46 PM
FitDay Member

I have just had the most AWESOME thought!!

If I am super diligent this coming week, I can be 50 pounds lighter than when I started on Jan 10th this year - I started at 352.9

Currently 307.3
4.4 pounds away. I must stay focused

After that the next big marker....... in the 2's!!
Old 05-09-2014, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Wow you guys are doing great. I may give myself one more day before weighing in. My purpose is two fold - I hate posting a gain and it may help me be extra dedicated today. I'd like to at least be able to post the same weight - especially when I have not done anything to warrant a gain. Oh well - at least my walls got painted and my house is cleaner and I have a fun weekend planned.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Mern, enjoy your day off and do some thing nice for your self. You are always doing things for others and deserve to pamper your self today. It is a beautiful sunny day today and I will be spending some time outside.
Bea, awesome losses and you will see 299 by the end of the month. What diet are you on? I want to try it. I hope that every one has a good weigh in today.
Old 05-09-2014, 12:44 AM
FitDay Member

Nothing exciting or funky Libby

Weight scale, and measure everything
ACCURATELY (it's a skill) calculate calories (1100 - 1400 a day)
(Critical - Count EVERY calorie I intake)
Watch salt
Drink 8 glasses of water
Go for a walk every day

I wish it were more exciting, or easy, but it's just hard work
Old 05-09-2014, 12:57 AM
FitDay Member

Good morning all I just couldn't bring myself to get on the scale this morning. It's been up all week and it's really getting to me. I know I shouldn't focus on the scale....so that's exactly what I'm going to do! When I first started to attempt to lose weight again in September, I started by doing phase 1 of South Beach Diet. I had good results! Cutting out starchy carbs made a big difference quickly. I'm going to take the next 2 weeks, starting on Sunday, and do phase 1 of SBD again and stay off the scale! I'm hoping if I focus on the food and exercise alone and not on the scale that it will keep me more focused. If I'm being perfectly honest with myself, I know my eating could be better which is probably why I've been on this plateau. I eat very well overall, but I have also been eating too many crackers...starchy carbs + salt = plateau. I'm also going to take Mern's advice and enjoy a little shopping spree because I've earned it even if I haven't reached my ultimate goal!
Old 05-09-2014, 01:17 AM
FitDay Member

Bea, kudos on your weigh-in today and on your fabulous weight loss since January 10! What a fabulous job you've done!

Libby, great rebound on the weight loss! Thanks for your kind words. Our lawnswing used up it's lifespan last year, so I may take your advice and do something nice for myself today. Since DH is home, I think I'll go to Home Depot and get either a new lawn swing or just a park type bench so I can enjoy the cool spring mornings outside before any grandkids or my great-grandbaby arrive. Wishing you a great day, too. How are you feeling today?

Becca, you're in a new weight "DECADE"! Congrats!

Mary, heck yeah you deserve an extra day for the weigh-in when you haven't don'e anything to warrant a gain. Congrats on all the painting and housework you got done. What are your fun weekend plans?

Debbie, aw, big hug to ya! I lost weight on SB Phase 1, also, but Phase 2 is too carby for me. That's a great plan. I'll be rooting for you! I maintained this week--better than gaining--but I hope it's not the start of a plateau.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:34 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern
Debbie, aw, big hug to ya! I lost weight on SB Phase 1, also, but Phase 2 is too carby for me. That's a great plan. I'll be rooting for you! I maintained this week--better than gaining--but I hope it's not the start of a plateau.
Thanks the kind words and for always rooting me on Maintaining is just as good as a loss in my opinion! Keep doing what you're doing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.