Motivational Thread March 17-March 23 >

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 17-March 23

Old 03-21-2014, 11:03 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Kumochi
My Wabbits have had a hard winter but at least my shrubs were protected from them - by snow. Which one of you guys is hogging spring? We are looking at double digit minus numbers again this weekend. I'm back home - or at least as far as the office. Not sure what the scales will tell me tomorrow.
Mary, I'm in Ottawa and we certainly aren't hogging spring! Come on warmer weather!!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:06 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Mom's bday today. We ordered in Chinese food and I am soo full! I am going to allow myself a small piece of cake. I have been pretty good with diet and exercise this week.

Happy Friday everybody!
Jenn
EEEEK!!!! Love me some Chinese food...YUMMO!!! But man is it high in sodium!! Wish it wasn't so....I would indulge more often. Hope you enjoyed celebrating your moms b-day and glad she was feeling better!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:06 PM
FitDay Member

I love Chinese food, too. The sodium is a killer for me though so I have to avoid it.

My husband has a bunch of his friends over, and they will be here most of the weekend. He wants to order pizza to feed everyone tonight. In addition to Chinese food I also love pizza. A lot. I have a plan to make my own cheese pizza on a Hungry Girl foldit with just sauce and some mozzarella. I know it's not greasy and huge and yummy like take out pizza always is, but I'm hoping it hits the spot enough to keep me from digging into the take out.

Then later for dessert/bedtime snack I'm going to have an Atkin's shake and cup of milk. After all is said and done, if I stick to my plan I will be under 1400 calories. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Update: I ended up having a little sliver (about 4 small bites) of Pizza Hut pizza. And although it was good, I think my Hungry Girl pizza with sauce, mozzarella and a touch of pesto was just as good...and filling. But I ended up having too much soda. However, given that it was take out night, I think I did amazing with only going 146 calories over my regular every day target. Normally I would go over by 800 or so. I'm pretty proud of myself!

Last edited by JediMindTricks; 03-21-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:55 PM
FitDay Member

Good morning dear!
I respect too because lemon water is one of the best drink to reduce weight.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:13 AM
FitDay Member

Just checking in It's nice to be home and back on track. Not so nice to have to blow out my driveway - Snow -- go away. A few birds are returning - someone said they saw a robin yesterday. Have a great Saturday everyone
Old 03-22-2014, 03:13 AM
FitDay Member

Jenai!! Awesome job resisting planning ahead and doing your very best to stay on track!! 146 cals over on a takeout night is nothing! You should be proud

Mary - A robin! Sure sign of spring! We're getting a 15cm dump as I type this, Will winter ever end!

Have an awesome day all!
Old 03-22-2014, 01:03 PM
FitDay Member

It's so quiet around here lately. I'm not doing as well today. This should have been take out day by the number of calories I've eaten. We are having company today. In addition to the pulled pork I made I indulged in a cookie, a (measured) serving of potato salad, an ounce of chips and soda. Still at a deficit, but barely.

I hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:55 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Jenai! Very quiet isn't it! I wish it were busier...I find it more motivating when the board is busier with chatter Sorry to hear you're having an off day. We all have them for sure! You still managed a deficit though...so that's good!
Old 03-23-2014, 02:17 AM
FitDay Member

Up a pound this week. UGH. Feel really sluggish today must be PMS. Thankfully Chinese food all gone now.
Jenn
Old 03-23-2014, 03:21 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, Sorry to hear you're up a bit, but that PMS will do a number on a girl. Good thing is it's only temporary!

Although yesterday I had too many calories and it was more like my take out night than the actual one, I came to a realization. And I'm sure you all already know this, but it struck home this morning. Even though I ate as many calories as I might if I had gone out to a restaurant yesterday, the big difference is in the scale...eating take out from my own refrigerator is a small fraction of the sodium of a restaurant. So I'm not retaining any water or anything like that and my scale says eating more calories at home is a wise choice as well. I did have store made potato salad and some chips which have a lot of sodium, but I'm only up about .6 lbs rather than 4 like I usually am after all that sodium of a full take out meal. A couple weeks ago when I ate Chinese those 4000mg of sodium showed several extra pounds for about a week. Then as soon as it was starting to go away, the next take out night rolled around and I was in a similar boat for quite a few more days and the problem just keeps compounding. I will have to remember this lesson learned the next time I'm wanting to eat out. I could get my family take out, but plan a special little "me" meal that's easy to make but a little more healthy and delicious to make me not miss take out a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.