Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16 >

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-12-2014, 03:24 AM
FitDay Member

I am sooooo excited. I finally got the courage to get on the scale this a.m. and not only did I lose those 2 lbs I'd gained back but I have also lost 2 lbs in addition!!!! I have made my 10lb weight loss!!! I started here in January at 204lbs and now am at 193.4 lbs! Actually 11 lbs!

Yesterday I ate several small meals instead of a any big meals. I really think that might have helped. I'm going to keep doing that and see if it helps. I also found that Flatout bread at my grocery store. I got the pizza one and also the low cal ital herb sandwich one. Had the pizza last night with grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes on top of a little low skim mozarella shredded and tomato sauce. Pretty good!!!

Last edited by aimeet_1; 03-12-2014 at 06:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:27 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aimeet_1
I am sooooo excited. I finally got the courage to get on the scale this a.m. and not only did I lose those 2 lbs I'd gained back but I have also lost 2 lbs in addition!!!! I have made my 10lb weight loss!!! I started here a month ago at 204lbs and now am at 193.4 lbs! Actually 11 lbs!

Yesterday I ate several small meals instead of a any big meals. I really think that might have helped. I'm going to keep doing that and see if it helps. I also found that Flatout bread at my grocery store. I got the pizza one and also the low cal ital herb sandwich one. Had the pizza last night with grilled peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cherry tomatoes on top of a little low skim mozarella shredded and tomato sauce. Pretty good!!!
I just said in a post yesterday to you that you're so close to the 10 lb. mark....I had no idea how close though! Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks for putting up the link to the article...off to read it now
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 AM
FitDay Member

I second what Debbie said. Quick weight loss from any diet slows after a few days. Any change to the diet often results in a regain of some of the weight. It can be hard to keep going unless you are prepared for it. Even with a balanced diet an increase in sodium or a day blowing it results in a sudden gain not justified by the calories. Keeping on track pays off. We are here for the long term loss with all its ups and downs.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Aimeet: congrats on the 11 pound loss. Eating several meals throughout the day helps to regulate your blood sugar and is recommended by doctors for diabetes patients. It's good for everyone.

Debbie and Mary, Thank you for encouraging me to just keep going.
I walked 3.85K for 48 min. and now I need some breakfast even though it's after noon. I didn't eat the chocolate because I decided I didn't need it.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Ty everyone for the congrats. I have to admit I was bummed about the previous weight gain when I really felt like I hadn't been that bad, but am so glad that I kept at it and didn't let it get me un-motivated to continue.

Jenai- you'd asked what I do to stay entertained on the elliptical for so long? Music. I am a big music fan. I download music to my ipod and try to make it energetic songs that I really love. Sometimes I even pretend that I am 20 again and dancing at the night clubs, but don't tell anyone, lol.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by aimeet_1
Ty everyone for the congrats. I have to admit I was bummed about the previous weight gain when I really felt like I hadn't been that bad, but am so glad that I kept at it and didn't let it get me un-motivated to continue.

Jenai- you'd asked what I do to stay entertained on the elliptical for so long? Music. I am a big music fan. I download music to my ipod and try to make it energetic songs that I really love. Sometimes I even pretend that I am 20 again and dancing at the night clubs, but don't tell anyone, lol.
Aimee - you're too funny!

Jenai - I forgot to answer that question as well...I too listen to music. I've tried to watch tv but find it makes the time seem longer. I prefer music with a good up tempo beat...or even a good ballad Perhaps I've been missing out....maybe I should pretend I'm 20 and dancing at the clubs too
Old 03-12-2014, 10:36 AM
FitDay Member

Day 6 of Jump Start

Hi all. I had another day under 800 calories and I just might eat some chocolate tonight. It has been snowing all day and I am glad I stayed at home. Will this winter ever end?
Mike: Please post some more pictures of flowers.
Jenai: I watch TV or movies while I walk on the treadmill. It keeps my mind occupied and I can walk longer. I find music distracting because I have to walk to the beat of the music whether it's fast or slow.
Thanks for the kind words this morning.

Post calories: 798, 773, 788,
Post exercise: 3.6K 45min, 4.9K 66min, 3.85K 48 min.
8 glasses of water: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y
Work on quilting: Yes, No, Yes
Old 03-12-2014, 11:17 AM
FitDay Member

For those of you who like working out at home with dvds, collagevideo.com is going out of business and has some very good prices! move quick though because i think their inventory will sell out fast!
Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 AM
Banned

No, got home too late to work out....
Old 03-12-2014, 12:54 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all Yet another good day in the books! I did more exercise today than I've ever done in one day....and I'm tuckered! OMG....I am soooo close to my goal that I'm just trying to do a little extra push to finally reach it!

1. Track calories M - yes, T - yes, W - yes
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes, T - yes, W - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x M - yes, T - yes, W - yes (two extra workouts today! I doubled up on my morning 40 min. interval workout and did 60 min. on the elliptical again)
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily M - yes, T - yes, W - yes
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs M - yes, T - yes, W - yes

My kids are staying with my parents on Saturday night, so I have a date night planned with my husband. We always go to our favourite restaurant on date night and I will be enjoying my regular fare....and will not be tracking since I have no idea how many calories are in that dish! In fact, I don't even want to know....I just want to enjoy my dinner and not have to think about trying to lose weight for 1 dinner.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.