Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16 >

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread March 10 - March 16

Old 03-14-2014, 06:28 AM
FitDay Member

Just got out of my combo weightlifting/calisthenics class. Shew! I'm glad I went today though even though I really had to fit it in and fight for some "me" time. Tomorrow, we are going to be booked most of the day with a plant shopping extravaganza. My husband and I rent a community plot and gardening is one of our passions. There is the biggest plant show of the year tomorrow and we can't wait to go see what goodies they have. This sadly means I will miss my fav. workout class- yoga/taichi combo, but ah well. Priorities!

April- thanks for the picture. I love seeing beautiful things! I will need to take one of my own sometime. Maybe I'll take one of my garden when we get things going. Do you have to upload photos somewhere else first to get them on here?
Weekly Goals
1. Drink 5 glasses of water per day & 1-2 glasses of green tea - M/y,T/Y,W/n, Th/y, F/y
2. Workout 5-6 x per week- M/y, T/y,W/y, Th/y, F/y
3. Increase protein/lower carbs - M/Y, T/y/W/y,Th/y, F/n
4. Eat 4-5 meals per day -- M/y, T/y, W/y,Th/y, F/n
5. Lose 1-2 lbs for Friday's weighin- YES!!!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

I lost 2 lbs this week despite me not hitting all my goals for the week. That means I must still be doing pretty well.

Thanks to Debbie for pointing me in the right direction...I found a DVD set that I hope will work well for me (and my kids). I pre-ordered 21 Day Fix put out by BeachBody. It won't come until sometime in April But that will give my son's leg a good amount of time to heal up and be almost good as new. I don't plan on quitting the gym, but I want to stay consistent with exercise and with my daughter taking my car so often and leaving me stranded at home, I needed an alternative for home workouts.

It looks like everyone is doing a great job this week at the weigh-in! Keep up the hard work, FitDayers!
Old 03-14-2014, 02:23 PM
FitDay Member

Week 2 Day 1 of Jump Start

Post calories: 798, 773, 788, 860, 863
Post exercise: 3.6K 45min, 4.9K 66min, 3.85K 48 min., 5K 1hr. plus weights and crunches, N
8 glasses of water: M-Y, T-Y, W-Y, T-Y F-5
Work on quilting: Yes, No, Yes, Yes, No

I took care of a lot of errands and didn't have time to exercise so I kept my calories low. I will get my 45 minutes tomorrow though. I feel good about last week but am nervous about week 2 of jump start. I am going to take it one day at a time, one meal at a time. Let's all have a good week end.
I had to add a piece of cheese and some chocolate to my calorie total today.

Last edited by libby116; 03-14-2014 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:43 PM
FitDay Member

Is it Monday yet? I just blew my week today. I need a do-over.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:56 PM
FitDay Member

libby116, could u tell me what jump Start is? I weighed 168 on Jan. 2nd & Still weigh 167....my goal is 155....frustrated!! Thanks!!
Old 03-15-2014, 12:54 AM
FitDay Member

Hi 49, Jump Start is Bob Harpers book, Jump start to skinny. He claims that you can lose 20 pounds in 3 weeks if you follow his rules and recipes for 21 days. I lost 7.3 pounds the first week and am just starting week 2. The calories are only 800 a day and you have to do a lot of exercise. It is excessive but it works if you work it.
Jedi, you have two more days to do it over. Don't fret.
Old 03-15-2014, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm weighing in on Monday as I will not be home next Friday morning either. I will be up but plan to use today and tomorrow to get back on track. - and to clean my house! Congrats to everyone for their hard work and endurance.
Old 03-15-2014, 06:09 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I'm back to update my weekly goals. I've chosen to not track calories today as I'm eating in a restaurant tonight and have no idea how to track that. Tracking my calories is making me crazy! I'm really not sure I'm going to keep it up next week....I may just go back to what I was doing since it has worked for me so far.

1. Track calories M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes, F - yes, S - no
2. Exercise 7x (scheduled morning 40 min interval workout) M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes, F - yes, S - yes
3. Do doubles (second workout...anything goes) 4x M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes
4. Drink 3 litres of water daily M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes, F - yes, S - yes
5. No alcohol Sun - Thurs M - yes, T - yes, W - yes, T - yes

I made Black Bean Brownies for my kids yesterday and to my amazement they turned out pretty good and the kids love them! My kids are extremely picky eaters so Im trying to sneak some other types of foods into their diets....even if it is in the form of baked goods

Its quiet around here today...I hope that means everyone is having a great weekend!
Old 03-15-2014, 08:11 AM
FitDay Member

Week 2 day 2 Weight 178
Not exercising and eating late were both bad for my weight. I did get on the treadmill this morning and only had time to walk 3K. I will try to get another work out in this evening.
We went to a funeral for a friend of my husbands. He was only about 10 years older than us but he had a lot of health problems. When he was younger he was very active in sports but just a couple of years ago he had his first leg amputated and then this year they took his other leg. He was in a lot of
pain but now he is at rest. God bless his soul.
Now I have to get my house work done, dishes, laundry and the like.
Have a great day all.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:30 AM
FitDay Member

I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's friend Libby. That's sad news, but as you say- sounds like he was in a lot of pain and is finally at rest.

Eating late has been one of my nemesis as well. I've started brushing my teeth early- around 7pm and not having anything else other than water. That's helped me a lot with that bad habit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.